LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just Told My Dad

Well I should hope he still loves you. But alas some parents are set in the past. Glad things worked out for you and I hope everybody moves forward like the adults you are. ;)

When you're young, you think that you know yourself but you really don't :o Rime and experience changes you in ways you never dreamed it would ;) Real tolerance and acceptance come late in life because only experience teaches you what truly matters in life B) Our beings are just souls wrapped in a physical shell and you have to learn to see past the shell to see the person inside of it before you can really love that person. Those who really love us may not like everything about us but they're not going to let those things get in the way of that love :D Part of love is letting go of that person so they can find their own happiness while not being so far away that you can't catch them when they start to fall. If someone loves you, they will tolerate the things that make you happy, even when they are a bit weird such as being a DL :whistling: In return for that tolerance you accept that love by making some room for their happiness when they are around you, thus returning the love.

When I came out as TG some of my family who all love me deeply said they wee OK with it but didn't want me to show up at their door as a woman because of how it would affect their other relationships. I gave them that 'slack' but I also told them that they should harbor no such expectations when they showed up at my door, though I would do what I could for their comfort if they called first ;) In the big picture of life, if what you wear makes that big of a difference to someone they never really loved you :crybaby:Not everyone is capable of this level of love, especially in their younger years. It takes time to learn how to love someone, letting them go their own way but not abandoning them. Some people never get to that point of understanding, and some get there but don't understand the concept.

I'm glad it went well for you and I hope now that you've seen how deep the love is with your Dad that you will return it when you find things in him that bug you but don't really matter in the end.

Bettypooh

I am glad that while finding out by mistake your father seems to have accepted your lifestyle choice with great understanding.

While some would say it matters not if anyone else knows, other people feel their nearest and dearest should/must know and spend a long time building up to it, or worrying about how to do it.

I have told some family members, and they have never brought up the subject. But they still call, I still am treated the same when i see them, so alls well.

I would use one word of caution though if i may. its one thing to go 'ok thats your thing' but quite another to have this new revelation thrust upon them on a constant basis once the cat is out of the bag.

I told my wife, and for the first week, after the initial shock, it was ok, then i went abdl mad, its all i wanted to talk about and share, this sensory overload was more than she could take and she turned 180 deg in an instant and has never shown an signs of swinging the other way again.

So be grateful your father has accepted your way, but maybe dont suddenly bombard him with it... I hope that makes sense.

all the very best.

Fozzy xxx