LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Various Shipping Questions And Discussion

Not sure if this is the right place for this but…

Are there any good, discreet, reliable retailers that offer UPS shipping? Since I've moved, at the new place I live, FedEx will simply not leave a package if I'm not home no matter what I do. So this means I need to try to line up a FedEx shipment with a day I know I'll be home which in and of itself is a pain. The other option is to have them hold it at a FedEx location but there's not really one super close to me so that's also a pain.

UPS will always leave the package at my door so if I could find a retailer that offers UPS shipping that would be ideal. It seems all the normal places I order from, XP and Northshore only offer FedEx.

Bambino does offer UPS shipping but they also don't sell a bunch of brands I like to buy.

• 1 month later...

Amazon will ship with multiple providers. I have never had a problem with any of them just leaving a package. The box is always printed with the Amazon logo so no one knows what is on the inside.

actually both UPS and FEDEX will just leave the box on your doorstep UNLESS of course you specify to leave it at the distribution center or hub so you can pick it up yourself.

Not true. FedEx drivers as I have found out, are personally responsible for the package so they won't leave the package if they don't want to and I have found, for whatever reason, the FedEx driver who delivers to where I now live simply will never leave a package. I've talked about this elsewhere but he won't even leave the package at the front office. Also, Amazon will usually ship UPS or Lasership, both of whom leave packages. Occasionally though they ship FedEx. For example I recently ordered some coffee and tea and it got shipped Fedex so I had to work from home that day just to be able to accept the damn package. Really annoying.

Also on the Amazon front most any diapers I'm likely to order are actually from Northshore and they almost always ship FedEx even though it's done through Amazon.

@gah,

I know that Amazon is working on a pilot project where you have your packages delivered to 7-11 where they are placed in a locker. You may want to check and see if that is available in your city.

• 1 month later...

So anyone who needs to know I think I have figured out Amazon's shipping.

1. If something has gift wrap available as a shipping option, then it is handled by Amazon regardless of who's selling it and it will be shipped either UPS or Lasership.

2. If it doesn't say "gift wrap available" then even if it's Prime Eligible it will be shipped by the company selling it and they will ship it however they normally do. In the case of Northshore this is FedEx.

3. If the package has markings on the outside of the box, for example with most things shipped in frustration free packaging, then it seems be it UPS or FedEx a signature is required.

I order a lot of stuff online and a lot of it through Amazon and have been testing this out over the last couple months. It all seems to be true as best I can figure. The coffee I mentioned above turned out to be shipped UPS I had just assumed it was FedEx since it wasn't left at my door. It was because of the printed box announcing what it was that meant it wasn't left.

DO NOT ORDER FROM NATIONAL INCONTINENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These douchebags first off, take about a WEEK to process and actually SHIP your order, and send you the UPS tracking info yet FAIL TO INFORM YOU that once it reaches the UPS hub near you, it gets transferred to your local POST OFFICE FOR DELIVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find that to be flat out bullshit honestly. So, you won't get your product the day you are actually expecting it and you have to wait for the postman to deliver it which personally i find as a HUGE annoyance. Everywhere else I have ordered through has used either FedEx or UPS and I have had NO ISSUE with either delivering, this hybrid crap though is for the birds.

Several thoughts:

Do you need the utmost discretion of plain unmarked package delivery ?

Wild possibility of shipping with Paypal (ebay) ???

Pay & Print Prepaid postage - - - send lable to diaper source/manufacturer .

Yes time consuming but Delivery Confirmation is included and trackable once in the USPS hands.

Is shipping by USPS OK ?

Are you concerned about the economics of shipping & handling ?

The least expensive method not requiring signature or being on site to receive the package ?

Of course MOST Everyone does not need the "Absolutely Positively Has To Be Delivered Overnight"

with the highest shipping rates.

I presume that you are not located in a urban/suburban/metro area with kiosks or business places

that will accept your deliveries ?

FedEx (Kinkos) UPS (Mail Boxes Etc.) come to mind.

Presume that you want merchandise shipped discretely in plain unmarked packages - is a trusted

neighbor available to help ?

Is a USPS Post Office near you which accepts 'General Delivery' P. O. BOX packages ?

Perhaps a Post Office in a larger nearby city to hold for your pick-up ?

Maybe I am throwing darts and missing the mark and then maybe I hit on something useful.

BabyLock

I'm not sure there's any getting around it. If you need discretion and security, you probably need to rent a mail box at a dedicated mail box place. I've done this for a few years and I've had a few surprises when a large box has markings that would have been mortifying if a neighbor or housemate had seen it. Also I never have to worry about something getting stolen from my door step.

Amazon will ship with multiple providers. I have never had a problem with any of them just leaving a package. The box is always printed with the Amazon logo so no one knows what is on the inside.

Make sure it's Amazon doing the shipping and not a provider via Amazon. First time I ordered diapers from a provider via Amazon, the provider's shipping box flaps folded over in such a way that left a long thin rectangular opening on the top and bottom of the box. The contents were easily visible to anyone who wanted to look through that opening. Alas, I don't remember that provider, as I switched to XP Medical - their cases are completely closed and the label only says XP on them.

If I'm ordering diapers from Amazon it's either from Northshore or Amazon. I trust them and don't really feel like worrying about trying someone new. Unfortunately as I stated most everything Northshore ships is shipped via FedEx although happily Abena XPlus' at least in medium are shipped via Lasership or UPS as per my "gift wrap available" notation above.

I have a box at the UPS store. I can get packages via any means: UPS, FEDEX, USPS, etc and they send me an email when it's in.

You can have fedex stuff shipped to fedex/kinkos.

Despite the fact that they stock drek, most CVSs (and probably the other chain pharmacies) can order stuff for store delivery of just about everything.