LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Many Diapers Will You Use In Your Lifetime?

Hi everyone,

so I randomly decided to figure out how many diaper I'll use for the rest of my life.

I wear 24/7. I use on average 4 diapers every 24 hours.

If I live to 75, I have 33 years to go (hoping longer!).

Ok...

4 diapers a day, times 365 days = 1,460 diapers per year.

33 years times 1,460 diapers per year = 48,180 diapers.

This works out to 669 cases of Dry 24/7... I wonder if they'll all fit in my basement? :smiley-baby-boy:

Why keep count? Just enjoy each one, and the next one, and the next one, and so on. I just hope we can get a point where they won't linger in landfills for 500 years. Still disposable, but highly biodegradable. Within 20 years would be a great goal to work for.

I just thought it was a fun question. I do enjoy each one as I go! My est. DPG is good! Oh, that Diapers Per Gallon... :D

There is no way I could calculate the number of diapers I have worn in my lifetime so far, or predict how many more I will need.

Up to turning 12 I never wet at night or in bed. I only wore "Just In Case" diapers on trips or for special occasions, meaning I could go 3-4 months without being pinned into a diaper, and then be diapered part of every day for a couple of weeks. I reached puberty a couple of weeks after I turned 12 and reverted to dribbling in bed a week or so later. From then until I left home for university at 17 I only needed a single pinned gauze diaper each night, plus some of those "Just In Case" diapers because I had a tiny over-active bladder.

For university I switched to disposable Attends. I budgeted for 2 per day. Often I only needed one for the night, but I sometimes wore for a party with alcohol and for long lectures. In 1985, the summer I moved from university to law school and turned 21, I lost my daytime bladder control. I had to increase my budget to 5 Attends a day, although often I only needed 4 of those. I continued budgeting for 5 Attends a day until I fell in love with Don Davis in May 1991. Once we started living together I could discreetly use his washing machine and dryer. So I only needed 3 Attends a day, plus 2-3 pinned gauze diapers when home.

Since 2004 I seldon wear a full adult disposable diaper. In 2011 I only bought one case of Atends Youth and 4 cases of Attends Breathable Small. During the day I wear snug cotton briefs with a slip-in disposable pad. I make those by cutting off the flaps of Cruisers Size 4 or Pampers Extra Protection Size 4. At home I wear just pinned gauze diapers when in my AB mood. For bed most nights I add one of the Pampers inside my gauze diaper so that when I wake up in the morning the sensation of the wet Pampers is similar to what I will experience in just the Pampers the rest of my business day. I buy cases of Cruisers and Extra Protection from local stores, stocking up when there is a sale. Currently the best price on Cruisers tends to be in cartons of 132. Normally Extra Protection are cartons of 80, but sometimes cartons of 104. Don and I have a lot of storage space in our home, so I seldom have less than 12 cartons each of the 2 kinds of Pampers. I use about 4 each of both kinds a working day. On days off I wear more pinned gauze diapers, which I change exery couple of hours when I am awake.

I buy 12 ACD Company 36" square 2 ply gauze diapers a year and 6 dozen Gerber Birdseye baby pre-fold diapers as soakers every year. From Babykins I buy 18 adult medium soft vinyl pull-on pants a year.

I just hope we can get a point where they won't linger in landfills for 500 years. Still disposable, but highly biodegradable. Within 20 years would be a great goal to work for.

Its old news, but here from Japan:

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/waste-and-recycling/news-used-adult-diapers-turned-fuel-japan

and Canada:

Diapers – It’s not the most pleasant alternative fuel source, but it’s certainly one of the strangest. A Canadian company has researched a system where the plastics, resin, fibers and waste contained in a diaper can be processed into gas, oil and char. The benefits of this system are two-fold: The energy produced from converting diapers into biofuel will help offset carbon emissions, and millions of diapers could potentially be recycled rather than buried in landfills.