LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Spider Man Goodnites Coming!

Pipsqueak87, I really think that these GoodNites will be released in the L/XL size. It is my understanding that Mike (DailyDi) does have inside sources that are pretty high up at KCWW and P&G--I might be wrong but he has provided us with very accurate advanced information before when allowed to.

"Sue" may be a PR rep for KCWW, but her reply could still be inaccurate. (A lot of companies give PR reps aliases so "Sue" could be one of 20 Sues with that alias.) Wetdlmark received a personalized form letter that barely even qualifies as being personalized--I wouldn't be surprised if KCWW hasn't updated those yet or is accidentally running the wrong form letters. It's also possible that KCWW doesn't want to say anything publicly about the L/XL size until its on shelves--most companies avoid commenting on unreleased products even when people know that a certain product will be released in the future.

Also I find the "some appeal" comment about the 8-12 demographic to be a really bad attempt to cover up the fact that both sizes weren't released at the same time. 8-12 is a huge demographic for Spider-Man--it's more popular with that demographic then the demographic that fits into the S/M GoodNites.

I'll plug my post here for a second, nothing really enlghtening, some package pics and thoughts, as JJ would say "Just get to the point Parker!"

"Blah blah blah new licensed goodnites, they're the same as before but they have new pictures on them. They seem to only come with the spidey designs in the S-M size, this is likely geared towards larger un-potty trained kids rather than the tween bedwetting market"

Take a peek at the full post -

http://www.rileykilo.com/2012/06/spiderman-underpants.html

You might want to check your local supermarket for these--that's where I found mine. Oh, and I'm glad to hear that you're buying both designs--that definitely seems to be the way to go with these. :)

I was able to find these at another Target. Few I thought for min I would never get a hold of them but they had plenty in stock, they must of just hit the shelves. They only has s/m of course but I got em anyway, I am able to fit them though they are tight around the legs.

Also I find the "some appeal" comment about the 8-12 demographic to be a really bad attempt to cover up the fact that both sizes weren't released at the same time. 8-12 is a huge demographic for Spider-Man--it's more popular with that demographic then the demographic that fits into the S/M

GoodNites.

I wasn't really buying the whole "moms prefer the current graphics" garbage either, like you said 8-12 is a huge demographic for spiderman. 8-12 is still little kid in my opinion and also, many, many young adults love spiderman and tinker bell.

I think the truth is that many people actually prefer plain white over any graphics...But people love spiderman! thats why these are flying off the shelves. I really hope these will come in L/XL but the website did state they were limited edition and limited edition diapers always come in the smaller size diapers only.

I'll plug my post here for a second, nothing really enlghtening, some package pics and thoughts, as JJ would say "Just get to the point Parker!"

"Blah blah blah new licensed goodnites, they're the same as before but they have new pictures on them. They seem to only come with the spidey designs in the S-M size, this is likely geared towards larger un-potty trained kids rather than the tween bedwetting market"

Take a peek at the full post -

http://www.rileykilo...underpants.html

I always follow your posts :)

I was able to find these at another Target. Few I thought for min I would never get a hold of them but they had plenty in stock, they must of just hit the shelves. They only has s/m of course but I got em anyway, I am able to fit them though they are tight around the legs.

I'm glad that you were able to find them! :D You're probably 100% correct that these just hit the shelves at your Target--these are still being "rolled out" so it would definitely make sense. At least you can actually fit in yours though--S/M Goodnites are too small for me unless I tear the sides and really squeeze into them--it is possible, but it's far from pretty. :lol:

I wasn't really buying the whole "moms prefer the current graphics" garbage either, like you said 8-12 is a huge demographic for spiderman. 8-12 is still little kid in my opinion and also, many, many young adults love spiderman and tinker bell.
Good--you shouldn't have bought it! :) The "'moms prefer the current graphics' garbage" is just that--garbage! You make a really excellent point about the characters as well. The 8-12 demographic is practically the starting point for Spider-Man--the character appeals to children and adults of multiple generations. In fact, there are a huge number of Spider-Man collectibles aimed specifically at adults so the idea that 8-12 year olds are "too old for Spider-Man" is completely laughable. The young adult following for Spider-Man may actually be even larger then the following the character has among children--he's incredibly popular in the 18-34 and 35-50 demographics.

Tinker Bell is also popular with children and adults of multiple generations--KCWW could just feature her prominently on the L/XL Disney Fairies designs if they wanted to be cautious. They should have no problem selling the Disney Fairies brand to parents of children in the 8-12 demographic though.

I think the truth is that many people actually prefer plain white over any graphics...But people love spiderman! thats why these are flying off the shelves. I really hope these will come in L/XL but the website did state they were limited edition and limited edition diapers always come in the smaller size diapers only.
I would think so too! KCWW dropped plain white GoodNites 9 years ago though so I'm probably wrong. I do think we're getting these in L/XL, but I don't think we'll see them until the end of the month at the absolute earliest and possibly not before August or September.

Actually, KCWW's limited edition diapers usually don't come in the smaller sizes. The limited editon Huggies Hawaiian diapers are only available in sizes 3, size 4, and size 5. It's true that there are no size 6 Huggies Hawaiian diapers, but there are also no size N, size 1 or size 2 Huggies Hawaiian diapers either. This was also true of past limited editions. GoodNites are a different brand with far fewer sizes though so this shouldn't be an issue. (If you count the preemie size there are eight sizes of Huggies compared to the two sizes of GoodNites.)

Over on ADISC Xolyshaxo had this to say about an L/XL size--I've emphasized portions of the post.

Ok I got tired of wondering so I called KC this morning and asked about the L/XL designs. The agent had to do some research but told me that they will be releasing the Fares design on the L/XL (didn't ask about spider man but it stands to reason they will be doing those too) The catch is she told me it will be closer to the end of the summer before the larger designs are available everywhere so they are coming but it may be a few more weeks or months.
This is consistent with what DailyDi posted. It looks like KCWWs e-mail PR reps are just sending the same form letter to anyone who contacts them. My guess is that these people aren't doing the research and that's why we're seeing reports that contradict each other. DailyDi's contact did his/her research--Xolyshaxo spoke to a phone rep that did some research and came up with the same answer as DailyDi's contact.

Fingers crossed. I really want to see Tinkerbell L/XLs!
HeavenlyCreature, I think that you will. The S/M size was first spotted in a few places about a month ago--it's still not readily available everywhere and probably won't be for another week or so. Several places are still just getting these and they're the ones that were ready first. KCWW has had delays between the S/M and L/XL sizes that have lasted several months before. When GoodNites were redesigned in 2010 the S/M size for boys was available four or five months before the L/XL size was. The only thing we can do now is wait--at best these show up some time before the end of September and at worst they don't show up at all. I still think a lot of people are jumping the gun here and putting way too much faith into a form letter that is probably inaccurate.

HeavenlyCreature, I think that you will. The S/M size was first spotted in a few places about a month ago--it's still not readily available everywhere and probably won't be for another week or so. Several places are still just getting these and they're the ones that were ready first. KCWW has had delays between the S/M and L/XL sizes that have lasted several months before. When GoodNites were redesigned in 2010 the S/M size for boys was available four or five months before the L/XL size was. The only thing we can do now is wait--at best these show up some time before the end of September and at worst they don't show up at all. I still think a lot of people are jumping the gun here and putting way too much faith into a form letter that is probably inaccurate.

Yeah, good point. Hope so!

I actually sent an inquiring email to KC myself, and I just now got a response... it was the exact same form letter that wetdlmark posted. It does seem plausible that they haven't updated their form letter yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the lastest on the spiderman goodnites sizes. There's a web page just for the spiderman goodnites by KCC and it says s/m sizes only. Here's a link on them http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=goodnites%20new%20spiderman%20prints&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CFwQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goodnites.com%2Fturnpage-sm%2F&ei=xesGUIPxCcOy2wWtt8SaBQ&usg=AFQjCNEtTTJOEbIw8PueffrWoBtpQAPrag

Here's the lastest on the spiderman goodnites sizes. There's a web page just for the spiderman goodnites by KCC and it says s/m sizes only. Here's a link on them http://www.google.co...effrWoBtpQAPrag
Wetdlmark, that was actually one of the links that I posted in this reply: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=32760&st=20#entry517876

I should add that the original design for both of those pages was a little bit different. Both pages were larger, some of the graphics were different, and the "*available in the S/M size only" disclaimer was completely absent. Keeping this in mind, I wonder if there's a revised version of this page that KCWW will put up if these are released in the L/XL size. (The original page looked incomplete like it was missing a second product.) KCWW might have put up the current page just to cut down on the calls they were receiving. Angela would know more then me about this, but the time between the S/M and L/XL release could have required KCWW to legally state S/M size only for now.

Oh, and if Angela or DailyDi can say anything about what's going on I'd really love to hear from either of them. DailyDi seems to have some advanced information, and it would be nice to know if plans have changed or if this is just the latest version of a webpage that's going to be revised again in a month or so.

That's the info that i got from one rep (Larges are coming) seems they aren't. I think it's dumb, Spiderman definitely works for older kids... if anything it's the Disney princess ones that don't scale up and is holding things back.

"Blah blah blah new licensed goodnites, they're the same as before but they have new pictures on them. They seem to only come with the spidey designs in the S-M size, this is likely geared towards larger un-potty trained kids rather than the tween bedwetting market"

Exactly. The tween bedwetting market really needs Twilight prints or something similar.

• 3 weeks later...
That's the info that i got from one rep (Larges are coming) seems they aren't. I think it's dumb, Spiderman definitely works for older kids... if anything it's the Disney princess ones that don't scale up and is holding things back.
Thanks for clearing things up Mikey. :) I'd love to know what happened between when the rep told you they were coming and the website decided that they weren't--it sounds like they were all set to release these in the L/XL size. This was definitely a dumb decision for KCWW to make and you're right--if anything is holding back the L/XL line it's the Disney Fairies designs. Spider-Man on the L/XL size should have been a total no-brainer, and that's why I'm having trouble understanding how KCWW screwed this up. After thinking about it a bit more, the Disney Princesses probably wouldn't have held things back for the girls designs. Maybe KCWW should have stuck the Fairies on the Huggies Pull-Ups and the Princesses on the GoodNites if they wanted to keep those themes. The Princesses would have scaled up better then the Fairies. I'll take back what I just said if limited edition L/XL GoodNites start showing up this month, but right now it just seems like KCWW made a stupid mistake here.

Thanks for clearing things up Mikey. :) I'd love to know what happened between when the rep told you they were coming and the website decided that they weren't--it sounds like they were all set to release these in the L/XL size. This was definitely a dumb decision for KCWW to make and you're right--if anything is holding back the L/XL line it's the Disney Fairies designs. Spider-Man on the L/XL size should have been a total no-brainer, and that's why I'm having trouble understanding how KCWW screwed this up. After thinking about it a bit more, the Disney Princesses probably wouldn't have held things back for the girls designs. Maybe KCWW should have stuck the Fairies on the Huggies Pull-Ups and the Princesses on the GoodNites if they wanted to keep those themes. The Princesses would have scaled up better then the Fairies. I'll take back what I just said if limited edition L/XL GoodNites start showing up this month, but right now it just seems like KCWW made a stupid mistake here.

It doesn't make any sense at all does it? Stupid stupid idea! Why come out with the prints at all then?

But since they're now introducing glow in the dark pull-ups that you have to charge up, I'm now not all surprised. I mean it fits right in with their stupid ideas. Didn't the glow in the dark pull-ups flop years back? What is the point?

It doesn't make any sense at all does it? Stupid stupid idea! Why come out with the prints at all then?

But since they're now introducing glow in the dark pull-ups that you have to charge up, I'm now not all surprised. I mean it fits right in with their stupid ideas. Didn't the glow in the dark pull-ups flop years back? What is the point?

It really doesn't make any sense at all for the Spider-Man GoodNites. I can see why there might be some issues with the Disney Fairies, but KCWW has done "Boys only" GoodNites before when they killed the "Sleep Shorts for Girls" a year before killing "Boxers for Boys." That would be a worst case scenario but it would make more sense then what KCWW is actually doing.

I vaguely seem to remember glow in the dark Pull-Ups that were more expensive then regular ones but I could be wrong. These probably flopped for the same reason as the GoodNites Boxers/Sleep Shorts--the gimmic wasn't worth the extra money. The new Night-Time Pull-Ups that glow in the dark cost exactly the same as the Night-Time Pull-Ups that they replaced. These should do much better then the other ones.