LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black/death/heavy-metal?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a brief interview with Satyr of Satyricon today, and one particular thing he managed to say really blew me away, in a utterly negative sense. The journalist and Satyr ventured into two of his favorite pasttimes, weightlifting and cars. He said he loved cars, preferably Aston Martin, Porsche etc, and he loved the sound of the engine roaring. So far so good, each to his own taste, no problems with that. But then he uttered one of the most moronic statements I`ve heard in quite a while: "Everyone who is not moved by the sound of a car is superficial minded"!!!!! What??!!! I really hope for his sake that he said this to provoke or in jest, if he in fact were serious in his convictions, well, that is simply fantastic, absurd idiocy!!! And that from a man who otherwise seems quite well-spoken and intelligent. The wonders will never cease.

to answer you it was back in may, though i have it on tape since i had to workt hat night.

may was a great month to watch VH1 & VH1 classic

both new & old, if slayer made it, im listening to it ;)

i didnt care for that series on vh1. i wish more about metal... i'm sorry, but AC/DC metal? shit like that pisses me off. i did enjoy the segment on Iron Maiden though

i think they clashed hard rock & metal together as that was the genre at the time.

i mean led ziplin isnt metal either, at least i domnt think they are.

there was also the 30 greatest metal songs, some you knew was going to get added while some you wish didnt or wish was added.

just a tip for you guys out there.

germoneys very own Stormwitch are back. Black romantic metal from its very best. since they are alive the very early 80s you often think "damn i know this riff" although it is years younger and by other bands

yeah Running Wild may be 'pirate' metal but it is one of the most steady metal bands in the world aside from Manowar and they still have great earworms

Hmm, I have heard the name, Andy, but unfortunately nothing by them. Anything you could compare it to perhaps? I know that was not your intention, but when you say "black romantic metal", I cannot help but picture black metal with a massive overdose of soppy keyboards( Dimmu Borgir for example). :) Stormwitch; trash or heavy? Or perhaps a healthy mix? I should check them out.

And Belinda; saying that you like Dio is certainly nothing to be embarrased about, they fit fine into the category of old heavy/hardrock. On the other hand, if someone comes here and admits to liking, lets say Linkin Park, or any such slick, false vomit, that is entirely a different matter. :)

yes krank up the flamer machine is anyone says linkin park is metal

the only thing that keeps them in the nu-metal category is the guitar chords, but even that is dying down to maybe alt rock at most.

Dio is not too bad, I can honestly say i like a few songs from them.

if its metal I'll listen to it, only exception is nu-metal, which i'll listen to as long as they dont push the rap part of it too much *cough linkin park.

Such a "brilliant" mind; the first one who actually thought that rap, that extreme abomination, and metal, would make the perfect marriage. It`s like mixing oil-paint and water, it is obvious to all but the dimwitted, that it simply won`t work.

Come to think of it, Anthrax probably were the first to actually include some rap elements, and I believe they did a song with Public Enemy once upon a time. And no need to say, the song sounded like turdy-turd-deluxe!

Hmm, I have heard the name, Andy, but unfortunately nothing by them. Anything you could compare it to perhaps? I know that was not your intention, but when you say "black romantic metal", I cannot help but picture black metal with a massive overdose of soppy keyboards( Dimmu Borgir for example). :) Stormwitch; trash or heavy? Or perhaps a healthy mix? I should check them out.

Well as ever i have a hard time telling what style and which mix of bands could be the sound. however , i found that site again where some (low quality) live mp3's& rm files were. the files are at Stormwitch - Free Tunes

• 5 weeks later...

I would suggest looking for a band named Terasbetoni. Finish Hero metal. It makes me think of Manowar...like a whole lot. they have a couple vids up on youtube, though the one for orjatar might not be ok for everyone as it has some gyrating women wearing very little...so pretty much like most metal videos.

• 1 month later...

Just curious; have any of you by any chance listened to the new Iron Maiden album? Hopefully my sister will get it for me as a birthday present, pretty excited about how it will sound I must say.... :)

I´ll get it soon since i already earn money again and don't have to live from social aid by state :). Another hint for the europeans here. VH1 and VH1 classics (european telly) bringing damn nice band reports bout albums and damn long shows with videos from classic hardrock to up to date heavy metal :D

ok, it's been a while since I posted in here and there had been a few things said that kinda suprised me. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DIO!! at least he can sing and knows he's a short as hell, he doesn't bother hiding it, unlike DANZIG. Linkin Park is not metal but they're not that bad, especially if your into car audio. theMeteora album hammers harder than most bass cd's. Other than that your right, most nu-metal blows. Same thing with metalcore. with the following exceptions: All That Remains, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, and early killswitch engage (their last album was typical metalcore formulas around a worthless singer, complete garbage. And one last thing, I liked the new Iron Maiden but it's deffinitly not for everyone. Old school fans will probably hate it but if you listen to it as a new cd and not as a new Iron Maiden cd I think you will enjoy it more, know what I mean?