LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black/death/heavy-metal?

there are so many bands out there in metal it's insane. And the crazy part is I could adore a band A. Necare could adore band B. both bands could sound identical but I could hate band B and him band A. That's the beautiful thing about metal. It's not just the sound, it's what gives you that chill up your spine, what gets you jumping on furniture playing air guitar(arch enemy and trivium for me lately :P . So remember, don't shit on a band just because you don't like them, one mans trash(atreyu) is another mans treasure(childen of Bodom). and one more thing, Friends don't let friends play rap-metal :band:

So true, so true,Diapered! Wise words. Yeah, agree with you, rap-metal must be avoided like the plague, if there is any worse combination, tell me about it! It is like mixing opera with country, total clash. On the other hand, hmmmm, opera-country, might have sounded good? :)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opera and metal::Blind guardian. Country and metal::Rebel meets Rebel. actually now that I think about it. Pop/metal::Nickelback(don't argue with me until you listen to their music with this in mind).Rap/metal::Korn.Christian music/metal::12 stones(read the lyrics if you don't belive me). techno/metal::Samuel. Punk/metal::(help me out here, I can't think of anything except Slayer's undisputed attitude album). I know I'm forgetting some but the point is............wait for it...........EVERTHING GOES WITH METAL!!! :thumbsup:

Opera and metal::Blind guardian. Country and metal::Rebel meets Rebel. actually now that I think about it. Pop/metal::Nickelback(don't argue with me until you listen to their music with this in mind).Rap/metal::Korn.Christian music/metal::12 stones(read the lyrics if you don't belive me). techno/metal::Samuel. Punk/metal::(help me out here, I can't think of anything except Slayer's undisputed attitude album). I know I'm forgetting some but the point is............wait for it...........EVERTHING GOES WITH METAL!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, wait a minute Diapered, didn`t you just say that one should warn ones friends about playing rap-metal? And then you say: EVERYTHING GOES WITH METAL!!!. No, rap should be excorcised from anything that is metallic, everything does not go with metal! Or were you just stating that fact as a cold observer, and not something you approved of? A bit drunk this night, so I may have misread your statements... :) By the way, Samael could maybe have been classified as symphonic-black metal, all though they have become more techno in the later years. F***ing hell, "Ceremony of Opposites" is one of the mightiest black metal albums ever!! Drunk and dandy in Norway!

I'm more into Thrash, myself, but I love almost all Metal!

W.A.S.P., early Anthrax, Keator, Overkill (shocked they haven't been mentioned yet), Watchtower, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Annihilator, Exodus... The list goes on and on.

I'm all about thrash: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Annihilator, Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, Vader (its thrashy death), Exodus, Testament, Death Angel, Whiplash... rock on poorly produced 80s thrash!!!

...................By the way, have any of you listened to a german band named Scanner? I listened to their first album at a mates place in my metal-infancy, but I cannot remember the title of the album?

Scanner - Hypertrace, 1988

have the cd of it around here it is pretty good i agree.

currently i am stucked in 80s metal, or better the 80s phase of most listed bands lol

Darxon, Cannon, Bonfire, Cacumen, Accept, Helloween, Avenger, Running Wild, Blind Guardian, U.D.O., Iron Agel, Gamma Ray, Accuser, Destruction, Sodom, Trust, Piledriver, Rage, Demon, Stormwitch, Tankard, Scorpions (before 85, of course LOL), Krokus, W.A.S.P., Slayer, Metallica (esp. Kill Em All & Ride The Lightning), Exodus, Sacred Reich, Agent Steel, Angelwitch, Poison (probably first german Black metal band ever!)..........

Vocalists hmmm . Bruce Dickinson & Rob Halford sharing the top notch here. other than that David Lee Roth, Ronnie James Dio, Ozzy and Lemmy (hey the man growls over 3 decades now LOL)....

Although I´m not a big fan of Live Albums, a concert is always the better choice, I´ve a few favs there.

Accept - Staying Alive (live in japan 1985) , Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous , Iron Maiden - Live at Donington '92 just to mention 3.

Oh and before I forget. Luca Turillis King Of The Northern Twilight is one awesome piece of metal. Some new underground hopes i heard lately are Savage Heart and R.A.M. from Sweden and Attacker from the USA.

If someone is interested i may post links to a few most probably unknown bands at later dates

cheers and a good weekend

Andy

i wasn't saying rap/metal was a good thing, I was mearly pointing out that you can put metal with anything and it will sell. The fact that korn has sold more records than Celtic frost and venom combined just proves it. Don't get me twisted it's not something I'm happy about, that's just the way it is. Also, I forgot to mention, if you want a really good site for metal news of all types go to Blabbermouth.net it's a great site

i wasn't saying rap/metal was a good thing, I was mearly pointing out that you can put metal with anything and it will sell. The fact that korn has sold more records than Celtic frost and venom combined just proves it. Don't get me twisted it's not something I'm happy about, that's just the way it is. Also, I forgot to mention, if you want a really good site for metal news of all types go to Blabbermouth.net it's a great site

My deepest apologies Diapered! I had grave suspicions that I had in fact misread your statements, well what can I say? Blame it one the goddamn booze!! :) Agree with you, it is a sad fact that bands like Korn are more popular than Celtic Frost and Venom, but the fact is that many people would not know real metal from shit if it had hit them straight in the face! Think about it, people growing up now will continue living in the belief that bands like Deftones, Korn, Linkin Park. etc are really the top of the crop, if not some wise soul will show them what true metal is all about. And Andy, thanks for giving me the name of Scanners album. Is it still possible to buy it, do you know?

......And Andy, thanks for giving me the name of Scanners album. Is it still possible to buy it, do you know?

I´m not sure but i think it still can be bought to fair prices. especially now in the big time of re-releases. Ive even seen a re-release of the first Cacumen album these days , which was already sold to almost unpayable prices before.

try www.musicstack.com i just have seen 9 listed cds from 3€-44€ there

cheers

I´m not sure but i think it still can be bought to fair prices. especially now in the big time of re-releases. Ive even seen a re-release of the first Cacumen album these days , which was already sold to almost unpayable prices before.

try www.musicstack.com i just have seen 9 listed cds from 3€-44€ there

cheers

Thanks man, maybe I`ll check that out! Cheers!

no prob mate :)

Agree with you, it is a sad fact that bands like Korn are more popular than Celtic Frost and Venom, but the fact is that many people would not know real metal from shit if it had hit them straight in the face! Think about it, people growing up now will continue living in the belief that bands like Deftones, Korn, Linkin Park. etc are really the top of the crop, if not some wise soul will show them what true metal is all about

LOL , that reminds me to a funny episode back in the days when i been on engineering college. in a break a first year apprenticeman class stood next to me and i could hear them talking. it was like "would you come with us to the xxxx - open air - festival ? (sorry i dont remember the festivals name). straight answer :"sure but who plays and who is headliner?" reply:"Iron Maiden is headliner , some other old metal bands playing. oh yes deftones play there too." - "WOW cool , Deftones . I really like em. If it wasnt for em i wouldnt go. I don't like Maiden and them stuff " (the guy obviously didnt knew em coz he was egging around when asked for other old metal bands).

Well a few weeks later , after the open air , it happened to me to see the guys again. they suddenly ran around in maiden,overkill & slayer shirts. in my whole time at the college i havent seen the guys running around in shirts from deftones , korn again etc. LOL

guess maiden, overkill and the bands blew their asses to the wall LOL

He, he, funny story Andy, just shows that they finally managed to separate the turds from the diamonds, too bad they didn`t have the epiphany before though. "Uuumm, I like Deftones, but not Maiden". Give me a break! :roflmao:

Hey, forgot about two other brilliant bands: Ved Buens Ende, and Katatonia!! And now I hear that Ved Buens Ende is getting back together again, oh this is certainly good tidings indeed! You should definitely check this band out, and their two releases, "Those Who Caress the Pale" and "Written in Waters". Ungodly stuff! And Katatonias latest? A masterpiece of melancholy. Cheers!

YAY ! Finally got the Running Wild album discography fullfilled on my board today :)

I really love Running Wild . Each album contains the same trademarks but each album is different to each other.

Funny side note. I bought the cd via caiman america and got it sent from New Zealand. It is still cheaper even incl. shipping as it is here. Now somehow the case arrived and i didnt notice the patches on front side. i looked how i could open the case quickly and to my surprise it was already opened.

I got curious and looked on the patches. A big patch on front side stated that the cd was checked by german tax police. ROFLMAO as if it would have been ciggies or alcs . And since I dont buy for trade I really wonder why the tax police puts its nose into it.

Germoney and its idiotic burocratism

He, he, Andy, the tax people is as stupid as they get, no wonder they thoroughly checked your CD, they probably thought you were a terrorist: "Oh, no what have we here then, "Running Wild", yes he must be a relative of the Bader-Meinhof-fraction"!! Just wondered; how much can you order from abroad in Germany before you are getting taxed? In Norway the regulations are really insane; you can only order goods the amount of approximately 30 Dollars before you are getting taxed, and these regulations are from 1971!!! They haven`t changed it since!!! Yes, we have indeed a sane government. Maybe I will check out Running Wild, are they heavy metal or trash? Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend's band just released their new CD on July 11. The disc is "The Fall of Ideals" by All That Remains. I consider it metal some say metalcore, all I know is the songs are well written and the music is amazing, check em out.

I think Michael Amott were great when he made tunes for Carcass, but can`t say I particularly care for Arch Enemy. The melodylines he is making now sounds generic, clicheed and predictable. And I may be in the minority here, and let me assure you, this is not sexist in any way or form, but I can not get myself to swallow the fact that Arch Enemys vocalist is a female, maybe I`m being a bit conservative but.... And about "metalcore", isn`t that a division within "nu-metal"? Both abominations in my opinion. Haven`t heard All That Remains though...... :) Cheers!

just curious here...has anybody seen the movie about the history of metal?

if you havent you should! all metal fans should see this! i bought it and its very good and does get very detailed.

also a good watch during metal month on VH1 was the 4 part series on metal.

yea im a metalhead and i even like to watch/read the history of it ;)

arch enemy i do like and actually i like female vocals. mainly due to the fact that they can make a higher pitch for the screams than us guys can ;)

latly ive been in slayer mode, listen to everything slayer.

Edlomon, when did they air the metal series on VH1? You are listening to Slayer you say? Well how can one go wrong when listening to that superior, kingly band? :) Old Slayer or newer stuff? And yes, want very much to see the metal-film!!!!!

i actually did enjoy the female vocalist a while back, when she still sounded unique. on Doomsday Machine, she sounds like any other death metal band. but i thought Michael Amott was good, i enjoy his style, even if he isnt the best. and metalcore is just a -core subgroup. core has more of a punk influence, at least thats what i can tell. the only metalcore bands that i've really heard are Shadows Fall, A Perfect Murder, Lamb Of God, and God Forbid

i am serious fan of black/death/thrash/speed/grind etc.... and yes, reconciling the DL side of me with METAL side of me is indeed a quandry

Welcome to the gathering of metalheads! :) May I ask; which bands do you prefer? Being AB and listening to metal is the personal conundrum never to be solved. Cheers!

Edlomon, when did they air the metal series on VH1? You are listening to Slayer you say? Well how can one go wrong when listening to that superior, kingly band? :) Old Slayer or newer stuff? And yes, want very much to see the metal-film!!!!!

to answer you it was back in may, though i have it on tape since i had to workt hat night.

may was a great month to watch VH1 & VH1 classic

both new & old, if slayer made it, im listening to it ;)