LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odor Control Product Suggestions

Hello,

I am currently looking for suggestions on good odor control products, like sprays or drops that you can use to better manage urine smells.

I need something that does the job, but would not make you smell out of the ordinary to somebody else.

Cheers,

Quicktip

Hi there,

While I'm not incontient myself (I'm guessing that you are, considering that this is the section you posted this in) I might have a couple of suggestions. First are you talking about odor control after you taking a used diaper off? Naturally the liquids you consume have something to do with how strongly your urine smells. Drinking more water helps dilute your urine so its not so strong. After disposing of my diapers in my covered trash can, if the odor gets a little strong before the trash bag is full I use some Lysol Air Freshner Spray & it seems to do a good job. I can't smell anything & I live in a apartment complex & I've never had any complaints from other residents. I don't know of any sprays or drops other than the lysol after disposal as mentioned above. I hope this helps,

Rockies Fan.

As far as urine smells while wearing a diaper, Nullo (or other chlorophyll tablets) are reported to help reduce all body odors (mouth, sweat, bowel, urine). Someone a while back also suggested that if you run your deodorant stick on the front of your diaper after a change it helps cover up the smells.

I use both of these techniques and I haven't noticed any smells even if I'm in the same diaper for 6 or 8 hours and I only notice a minimal odor during changes (at least compared to when I wasn't taking Nullo).

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

From my experience I would recommend two thing. First off look at what type of diaper you are using. Cheap diapers don't mask the smell of urine that good. I would recommend picking up a package of Tranquility Slime or ATN adult brief which does a wonderful job at keep oder down.

Secondly I would Say try to change your product as often as possible, weather that be a pad ( recommend Abena pads) or adult brief. And one more thing I would say is to stay hydrated it's good for your body and help dilute the urine.

Hope this helps

-Paige

Stay away from Asparagus and Brussels sprouts (little baby cabbage heads) they will make your urine smell to high heaven and nothing will mask the smell,two of my favorite foods and since being incontinent i have had to not partake because after the first time i smelled my self after eating either of those, i did not want to be around me let alone me around anyone else. yeash !