LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trying To Kick An Addiction...

Guest abbear

Guest abbear

My wife and I are currently trying to quit Oxycotins. It is a horrible drug and I'm not even sure why we ever got involved with it. But we did. We made a mistake....any advice? This has been a terrible week and I really hope we're through the worst of it. We're currently on day 5 and most of the symptoms are subsiding. I seem to be dealing with insomnia right now and my wife is still feeling pretty bad.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanx, abbear

My wife and I are currently trying to quit Oxycotins. It is a horrible drug and I'm not even sure why we ever got involved with it. But we did. We made a mistake....any advice? This has been a terrible week and I really hope we're through the worst of it. We're currently on day 5 and most of the symptoms are subsiding. I seem to be dealing with insomnia right now and my wife is still feeling pretty bad.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanx, abbear

Drink a lot of water. Get out and get some good exercise and some fresh air, especially in the earlier part of the day, not before bed. NO caffiene, not even decaf coffee. Eat as healthy as you can, lots of good veggies. Get some good stuff going into your body. As far as the addiction part goes, be careful not to jump to another addiction. Find some positive hobbies you like, something with you wife, and something on your own. That's all I got.

Guest abbear

Appreciate it very much. We're both feeling better on day 5, I slept about 4 hours this morning. We're really bonded during this time. I love her more now than I ever have. She has been strong for me when I needed her and I've had to do the same. Great advice too. I did kinda slip with the caffiene today, glass of iced tea. But I've been trying to stick to water and gatorade.

And speaking of other hobbies, I wrote a new song. It's called Addiction. I've been sitting with my guitar and bass by my side working on it for the past two days. I can't wait to unveil this song on saturday, I missed band practice last weekend because of this crap, but the guys were very understanding. Best part of being in a band with the two best friends I've ever had in my life. I know they've both been through the ringer a few times as well.

My wife and I play World of Warcraft together and we've been doing a lot of that to keep ourselves busy. And we went shopping today I guess that counts as some excercise.

Thank you so much for the advice,

Hugs, abbear

Guest abbear

Just an update. It looks like we made it. It's day 9 and I am feeling great. I took your advice about drinking water and staying away from caffiene and it definately helped a lot. Thank you so much for that. I bought a new Superman shirt yesterday and I wore it proudly. I feel like Superman right now. And I just defeated that kryptonite pill!!!

Good luck. I'm about to give up on my sobriety after a week. Fuck that. More fun being high / tripping.

When I quit it all, some of the questions I asked myself was "Is this really as fun as it seems?" If it was, then why did it require an alteration of my perception to happen? If it were really more fun would I have less fun without it? And what is it's real cost to me and my life?

It's your decision alone to remain sober or not. All I ask is that you think it through completely and realize what all the possible ramifications may be before deciding. Life doesn't need to be "escaped" from to have lots of fun and for me at least it is just as enjoyable sober if not moreso B) Plus now I can remember all the fun I have :lol:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

When I quit it all, some of the questions I asked myself was "Is this really as fun as it seems?" If it was, then why did it require an alteration of my perception to happen? If it were really more fun would I have less fun without it? And what is it's real cost to me and my life?

It's your decision alone to remain sober or not. All I ask is that you think it through completely and realize what all the possible ramifications may be before deciding. Life doesn't need to be "escaped" from to have lots of fun and for me at least it is just as enjoyable sober if not moreso B) Plus now I can remember all the fun I have :lol:

Bettypooh

I was happier the 2 or so days a week I got really messed up (not including weed), the rest of the week I was in much higher spirits.

One thing I have recently saw regarding addiction is your will power does run out eventually. They say replacing your bad habits with good habits that provide the same feeling as your bad habit is the only sure way to defeat the bad habits like smoking and drinking. A good example would be a physical activity that brings you great enjoyment.

• 1 month later...

Try getting out doors and enjoy nature, at its best. I go fishing, when I am feeling down. Having a friend or kids along with you is a real picker upper. Just think, you will have competition, at who will do better than the other, and, with kids involved, its even more fun because you get to watch them have fun, and you begin to have just as much fun.

Just an update. It looks like we made it. It's day 9 and I am feeling great. I took your advice about drinking water and staying away from caffiene and it definately helped a lot. Thank you so much for that. I bought a new Superman shirt yesterday and I wore it proudly. I feel like Superman right now. And I just defeated that kryptonite pill!!!

congrats, it only gets easier, you only feel better as time goes on, I found out I like giving myself foot massages <3