LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Registerring As Incontenant

I found both my doctor and diabetic nurse very matter of fact about it. I was simply refered to a urologist and the continence nurse.

Really a almost 10 year old post and you respond and bump the thread? :huh: You newbies are just plain silly!

• 9 years later...
On 3/7/2005 at 5:11 PM, Scarth said:

The last time i was in th ER for broken foot :crybaby: The intake person skipped most of the questions she didnt think were relivent, I waited for over 5 hours (very busy day) I was wet when i came in and didnt have a change with me, when i was brought back to a room i was soaked and leaking and misrable. My nurse was almost as mad as me at the person The hospital diapers were the 4 tape Attends i don't like them very much but then i was just happy to be in dry pant's. When i was dischared later that day the nurse got me a pair of scrubs

Now when i see a doctor or get any medical treatment I make sure my incontinence is on the chart.

A lot of nurses tend to skip over the questions and get to what they feel is important. I am wearing all the time, so if the pants come off it quickly becomes obvious. All my regular doctors know of my incontinence as well as the hospital. Only when I visit a new one do I have to bring it to their attention.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, TheBabyPants said:

A lot of nurses tend to skip over the questions and get to what they feel is important. I am wearing all the time, so if the pants come off it quickly becomes obvious. All my regular doctors know of my incontinence as well as the hospital. Only when I visit a new one do I have to bring it to their attention.

It is stated on my medical records for all to see incontinent and enuretic and inreciept of incontinence pads and slips via the NHS supply chain. The younger diabetic nurses are slightly embarrassed asking me about it. The older ones just come out with what they want to ask.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, stevewet said:

It is stated on my medical records for all to see incontinent and enuretic and inreciept of incontinence pads and slips via the NHS supply chain. The younger diabetic nurses are slightly embarrassed asking me about it. The older ones just come out with what they want to ask.

My medical records spell out that I've got overactive bladder due to neurogenic bladder dysfunction, and muscarinic receptor antagonists just don't sit well with me. This means I'm dealing with urinary incontinence and urgency pretty much all the time.

To get some support from our public health program, my urologist has to update my medical report every three months. It's to confirm that meds aren't really helping, and I'm facing a lot of side effects. So, he notes down that I'm on adult diapers, using about 10 a day, which adds up to 150 a month. I got onto this diaper assistance program early in 2023, after my urologist pinpointed it was a neurological issue and that meds were a no-go.

Just thought I'd put it out there, especially since it's not something we often talk about. It's been quite the ride.

• 1 month later...

I'm diaperjack101 and I've always been a dl member. I had diverticulitis way back and had a small resection for my large colon (~5"). For years I was fine and used Metamucil (psyllium husk) daily. About a year back I started having incontinence issues. In the beginning it didn't really bother me since I've always enjoyed using my diaper (almost daily). But about 6 months I started to have more BM accidents including while sleeping and during the day. Since it became more serious I started having to wear a diaper everyday. So I went to a person who enjoyed my diaper whenever I liked it to someone who actually needs my diaper. Even though I still love my diaper, it became necessary for wearing them. Which at times have become a really pain in the ass. Before I kept my BM's at home (except when I'm prepared before going for shopping or the library). Now that the BM's I started feeling a really strong urgency. The problem is that I now have zero control. I now have several large poops everyday. Which makes me completely incontinent. In the beginning I just liked wearing (and using) my diaper when I felt like it. Now? Not so much. Some of my family and friends, they have noticed and a few of them has commented. Most of them understand and provide support. Still, I never told anyone about my DL, just my incontinence. I retired when I was 50. But I never thought that I might become diaper dependent. So...that's my deal.