LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Please Let Me Back Into The Chatroom

I was talking in the chatroom and people started cursing at me and telling me I was worthless and everything I said was bad and they cursed at me a bunch of times, I said one curse to them and then I got kicked out, but they cursed at me a bunch more times and they were meaner to me and nothing bad happened to them so that isn't fair and I should be let back into the chatroom.

taylor: I'm the one who cried "foul!". There's precious few words I have zero tolerance for in chat, and one of them is "faggot", which you called a certain person without provocation.There's no excuse for that word in that context...at all. Or in any context, for that matter. You're not representing your side of the story accurately, but those in chat are willing to forget and move on.

by the way logs are kept of ALL chats, all it takes it the date and time and certain mods can obtain the chat logs.... and see what was said to who.. i do believe even 'private' chats could be read...

Getting a ban from Chat (different then getting "kicked") almost always takes multiple similar violations or is due to a severe violation. When a member commits a rule violation they will receive a warning message from the Admin handling it explaining what is happening. If they do the same thing again they can expect a Chat Ban which is permanent. For quite a few of our members, the Chatroom is their main interface with this website so we don't fool around when we take action there.

If you have been banned from Chat your only option is to appeal directly to DailyDi, the site owner, via PM or email to ask for the ban to be removed. Posting about it on the forums isn't going to achieve anything, save perhaps for lowering your chances of having the Ban removed since we do not publicize our actions for the sake of the Member being addressed. We do our best to apply the rules fairly and we do not ban people flippantly.

If you've been banned it is unlikely that you will get back in so when in the Chatroom please play nicely because only a very few Chat Bans have been rescinded and the odds are that you will never get back in. You make your own way here and if you make a really big mistake you're probably just going to have to live with the consequences of that forever so think carefully before you say something in Chat or post on the Forums. You may not get a second chance!

Bettypooh

Guest gnappies

Not defending the use.

Very different meaning over the pond........

"Faggot" why are you calling me "meatballs in gravy"..............

faggots.jpg

:)

True Story-

Across the pond, "Faggot" is also slang for cigarette. A girl I know had her brother visiting from Manchester England and was at the grocery store with him here in the southern US. This was the poor side of town where the store kept the ciggies behind the service desk to prevent theft loss. She didn't smoke so she had not noticed this, but he notices- and being the brash sort asked her in a loud voice "Where the he!! do they keep the faggots around here?" :o

Words mean things. While this case was an innocent mistake and understandable, the same word used in a derogatory context doesn't fly here where the term has an entirely different meaning.

Bettypooh

Guest gnappies

True Story-

Across the pond, "Faggot" is also slang for cigarette. A girl I know had her brother visiting from Manchester England and was at the grocery store with him here in the southern US. This was the poor side of town where the store kept the ciggies behind the service desk to prevent theft loss. She didn't smoke so she had not noticed this, but he notices- and being the brash sort asked her in a loud voice "Where the he!! do they keep the faggots around here?" :o

Words mean things. While this case was an innocent mistake and understandable, the same word used in a derogatory context doesn't fly here where the term has an entirely different meaning.

Bettypooh

Almost there Bettypooh, but a little lost in translation.

A single ciggie is a "fag", so if you were going for a smoke you would be "going for a fag" or "popping out for a quick fag", if you wanted to invite a friend, you would ask "fancy a fag". If you want somebody to get you a pack of ciggies, you would ask them to "get me a pack of fags". The innuendos are never ending!

Just to add another one. A 'rubber' over here is one of these.......

fabercastell-7016.jpg

Even worse, the term faggot meant a bundle of sticks used for burning in old English. I am curious about the entymology of the word faggot, did it start with a religious meaning, like, "You are going to burn!" (For being gay or being perceived as gay). If the religious meaning is true, than the word is even more hateful than people realize.

English Oxford dictionary has this as the origin:

Origin:

Middle English (in the sense 'bundle of sticks for fuel'): from Old French fagot, from Italian fagotto, based on Greek phakelos 'bundle'

Guest gnappies

English Oxford dictionary has this as the origin:

Origin:

Middle English (in the sense 'bundle of sticks for fuel'): from Old French fagot, from Italian fagotto, based on Greek phakelos 'bundle'

I would agree with that, that has always been my understanding. I don't think 'faggot' has ever been a derogatory in the UK, I think it is an 'americanism' that has transferred across the pond. It's not in common use here, probably more used in the inner city gang culture, who try to emulate their 'heroes' in the US, using similar language, so it would be as insulting in that situation.

And lots of other words are mis-used.

Example: gay or even worse the spelling(ghey) is used as stupid immature slang meaning something is lame or shit.

But it depends how it's said really.

I'm not one for this stupid ghetto slang, I prefer to stick to insults like @unt,etc.

Edited for content by Repaid1 :) I don't think that word is appropriate on this site.

Not defending the use.

Very different meaning over the pond........

"Faggot" why are you calling me "meatballs in gravy"..............

faggots.jpg

:)

Oh yeah, let that hot juice trickle down your throat. Go on, take it all...

Guest gnappies

Oh Snap! Repaid went all "oh no you didn't Bill Maher" on your post. :Crylol:

Becoming a common swear word over here, has lost a lot of its impact over the last few years.

• 2 months later...

So, people get temporarily banned for saying "faggot", but I get permanently banned for mentioning I'm a childhood sexual abuse survivor? Hmmmmm... yeah, that makes sense. Cuz I got called "faggot" a lot growing up, so....