LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Calling All Vegetarians & Vegans!

Hi everyone,

Once again I am attempting to transition to lacto-ovo vegetarianism. This is attempt number I-don't-even-know-how-many.

The pattern seems to be that I go strong for a while (a few months), enjoy my diet, and feel better both physically and mentally...then something happens that causes me to eat meat or something made from meat or bones, and I revert back to an omnivorous diet within a week.

I don't eat red meat, so it's easy for me to avoid. Poultry is fairly easy to abstain from also. Fish/seafood is the hardest of actual animal flesh for me to avoid, but I can do that without that much struggle too.

The biggest problem for me is all of the "hidden" animal based things, like gelatin. These are usually what cause me to revert, and I really do want to make the switch to a vegetarian diet. Have any vegetarians or vegans had this issue in the past? How did you get past it?

Also, any suggestions in general for someone making the switch?

Thanks!

~ moogle

Id say try cooking ALL of your own food. This is what all my veggie friends do. Its what most of the world does, hence most of the world eats little or no meat. Its incredibly cheap and tasty. Personally, in the future id like to ony eat what i hunt or raise myself.

My daughter was vegan and I learned the things you had to do to check for animal products in things (except she'd eat honey because she hates bees).

Many years ago I challenged my GF that I could be a vegetarian longer than she could not smoke. I won.

I still cook regularly for various dietary challenges:

Vegetarians, those who won't eat pork, those can't eat: peanuts, eggs, mustard, etc...

The most fun was when we were on the Atkins diet. Vegans don't want to hear about my Pizza made by using large sliced pepperoni as the crust and three types of cheese.