LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Skin Irritation (Not A Rash Exactly)

gah!ghost

I have very sensitive skin. I'm the sort of person who can't shave everyday. I don't get ingrown hairs or those sort of red rashy bumps some people get thankfully, my skin just gets hyper sensitive and and anything touching it is kinda irritating.

When I wear a diaper I have a similar problem. I don't really stay diapered that long and don't do it that often. I'm talking maybe three times a week and only once for 1-3 hours each day. Even still if I two days in a row, my skin gets irritated. I don't think it's a diaper rash as there's nothing visually wrong with my skin. I've tried everything I know of to prevent it which is basically a few different kinda of diaper rash cream and baby powder. If anything they all just make it worse.

It's not horribly painful or anything, just an irritation in the truest sense of the word. My only problem is I would actually like to wear more often and would like to not have to deal with it.

Any help?

I think we both have the same kind of skin, I have to let my facial hair grow for at least 3 days to get a decent shave, if I don't I'm in trouble shaving, lots of blood.

My diaper area is the same way, I find even if you don't diaper put on a small amount of diaper cream, I like A&D, everyday, it builds up as you use it everyday, or clogs the pores or something.

I shower everyday, that stuff is like a water barrier in your diaper area.

Give it a shot maybe it will work for you also.

Maybe a smaller amount will work better. I also should note I'm pretty fastidious about cleanliness. I always show immediately after being in a wet diaper and am very careful about cleaning. The irritation occurs most often on my bum which very rarely gets wet as the pee never manages to get up that high. That's part of what leads me to believe it has more to do with just the confinement or friction or something.

Thanks all for the replies and sleuthing. I'm still not sure exactly what it is. Last night though I did try using a very small amount of Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment. I get really easily chapped lips during the winter, cracked and bleeding and all that. Burt's Bees limb balm is the first I've tried that worked and it works amazingly well fixing my lips literally overnight.

I've tried Destin in the past and had zero luck and while last night the Burt's Bees ointment didn't seem to do anything I have to say now almost 24 hours later it's made my skin feel much better. I don't think I need the moisture protection from it but what ever medicated effects it has seems to work. Still not 100% but despite going diapered last night I'm feeling better not worse.

Handfuls of vasoline smeared between the legs in my experience works extremely well to prevent and treat friction and sweat rash.

But does fuck all for diaper rash or a yeast infection.

Diaper rash the best I tried for that is Triple Paste Medicated Ointment.

And when I had a yeast infection I got prescribed Clotrimazole 2% which took a few weeks to clear up an extremelly bad yeast infection(red blotchy pimple type look with white heads).

• 2 months later...

Just to update, I have come to realize it's totally the leg gathers and leak guards that cause chaffing. I can usually avoid it by just not sitting, which is pretty easy given that I pretty much only ever go diapered at night. It also helps to make sure everything isn't too tight and to use a small amount of baby powder, usually poured into my hands and rubbed on my skin. I'm talking a very very small amount. Anything more and it does more harm than good. The main problem area is where my leg meets my bum. I sometimes get the irritation on my bum from the standing leak guards as well. Some brands are worse with that than others for me.

So if anyone else has this specific problem, it might be chaffing.

• 3 weeks later...

To further update I've also found something rather counter intuitive. When at home I usually wear boxer shorts or loose pajama bottoms. When out in the world I wear lowrise Calvin Klein briefs because I also nearly always wear very tight jeans.

I also sometimes will work from home for two to three days in a row. If I have gotten skin irritation from diaper wearing, it just doesn't go away or even gets worse if I'm hanging around at home in boxer shorts. It gets immediately better if I'm wearing the tight undies and jeans. I would expect the opposite of that right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...