LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do "we" Keep Missing?

I have always wanted to go to a AB/DL meeting but it seems like they never have a good showing. What does our group lack to bring us together? what can we do to get everyone together? I'm not talking on a nation wide scale but on a local/state level? just a thought, needing your opinions

I have always wanted to go to a AB/DL meeting but it seems like they never have a good showing. What does our group lack to bring us together? what can we do to get everyone together? I'm not talking on a nation wide scale but on a local/state level? just a thought, needing your opinions

What we are missing, in my own personal case, is nerve to attend or maybe it is what I have rather than lack. I have a healthy sense of privacy.

To be dead honest, some people on the board creep me out a little. I might agree to a private, invite-only meeting, but probably not an open one. God only knows who might show up. And it's not just the creepy folks that I'd worry about... could be that a member of the press could show up. Don't think it could happen? A few years back some guy running for sherriff in a nearby town got defeated when some reporter broke a story that he attended an AB/DL meeting at a local hotel. I'm dead serious.

I have recently been looking into national and local AB/DL groups as well. I was surprised to find a local group in my state, minnesotaMADE (Minnesota Adult Diaper Enthusiasts). I haven't decided yet if I'll join them, but from what I've read, they do hold monthly meetings and are currently planning their annual picnic. They may be able to provide you with some insight concerning your question.

http://www.minnesotamade.org/

I'd like to meet some diaper people at some point. There's a lot of reasons why meetups are hard to put together (and this can apply to all sorts of groups, not just fetish-type things)

You have to get a good location. You have to have a group of people who actually aren't too afraid to show up. You need a time that works for 50% or more of the group. Getting past that, then you'd have to deal with the nature of ABDL being something that most of us spend a lot of time hiding from other people.

I'll admit, I'm terrified of some idiot showing up at a public location in a onesie or something and causing problems for the group.

Odds are good that I will never start a meetup/munch. I would like to meet some of the people that I talk to online, to see if there is potential for a real friendship. I think I"ll stick to individual get-togethers. I know I'm not alone in liking diapers. I don't need a giant national meetup to prove that.

I agree with diapergirl80, what we do is a private thing in our own homes and around loved ones :) . It would be a great thing to do, but I'm afraid the response wouldn't be that great. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. And the last thing I would want is to be in the press or on the news. Private meetings are the only way to go in my opinion.

I am very shy in all aspects of my life, and i am not good it group situations generally. I tend to sit there and listen to the conversation, and never say anything myself. If i am just talking to one person then i am fine, and can have a converation. I know that if i went along to an ab/dl meeting then i wouldn't talk to anyone unless they spoke to me first. and even then i wouldn't talk to them for very long. therefore it would be fairly pointless for me.

Guest neo52450

I am very shy in all aspects of my life, and i am not good it group situations generally. I tend to sit there and listen to the conversation, and never say anything myself. If i am just talking to one person then i am fine, and can have a converation. I know that if i went along to an ab/dl meeting then i wouldn't talk to anyone unless they spoke to me first. and even then i wouldn't talk to them for very long. therefore it would be fairly pointless for me.

Thats my problem as well.... until i really get to know the person.

i guess you could say i am comfortable in groups of the same motivation- being in the Navy does that i guess. all of your points are valid and notable, however. the same goes for the Navy- you never know who going to show up and give a bad image :(

To be dead honest, some people on the board creep me out a little. I might agree to a private, invite-only meeting, but probably not an open one. God only knows who might show up. And it's not just the creepy folks that I'd worry about... could be that a member of the press could show up. Don't think it could happen? A few years back some guy running for sherriff in a nearby town got defeated when some reporter broke a story that he attended an AB/DL meeting at a local hotel. I'm dead serious.

Saladin: Thats the second post you've made in a row that I agree with 100%

Ya, a lot of the AB community can creep me out as well. I get the sense there are only a few people I would 'click' with from here IRL, even if neither of us knew the other was an AB/DL. There are a few people around with emotional/social problems on here. In the real world, I like to think of myself as a person you would never know to have a secret diaper life ;)

I would attend a diaper gathering, but I would prefer it if I knew the people atending first, even if only in a chat room. Showing up to a room with a bunch of strangers from where I live would freak me out. What if one of them knew me? (Small world syndrome)

Anyways, maybe ONE day... one day...

m

I agree pretty much. I used to attend BBS group gatherings back in the very olden days before internet. It was fun mostly because they were all locals since nobody called long distance back then. It was easy enough to pick a mutally accessible spot and name a date and time. Several people actually showed up but didn't join the group immediately to make sure the "wierdos" didn't come out of the woodwork.

After they saw we were having fun, they joined in and introduced themselves as their screen name. It was a blast and I still have friends to this day because of it. But the whole fetish thing is too much for me to deal with in any type of public venue.

i may not be a shy person by any means, but at the same time no one ever knew about my little secret life for the past seven years or so. i only just told my girlfriend a few weeks ago. but at the same time, im one of those people that knows most everyone in the area, the last pack of attends i bought, i drove an hour each way just to make sure that i didnt have an embarassing run in with someone. maybe its different out western america or in europe, but northeast america, way to small of a world to have something like that.

i may not be a shy person by any means, but at the same time no one ever knew about my little secret life for the past seven years or so. i only just told my girlfriend a few weeks ago. but at the same time, im one of those people that knows most everyone in the area, the last pack of attends i bought, i drove an hour each way just to make sure that i didnt have an embarassing run in with someone. maybe its different out western america or in europe, but northeast america, way to small of a world to have something like that.

All of you have a good point i dont realys have any thing to add, other then i dont thinki could go to a meeting. The thought of some one I or my falmy knows would scare me away, and i realy bad at talking to groups if there three or more pople there i find my self in the corner listen and try not to be seen. and as for the western america i live here and it the same i think never been east cost but it sounds like it.