LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Review Of 2011- Happy New Year

spark

I for one will be glad to see 2011 go into the garbage can (it might ruin my garbage can, but it can't get by here fast enough).

So I've had a difficult 2011, or in the words of Queen Elizabeth after a fire in her palace and two children being divorced, "This in not a year I will look on with unyielding pleasure."

I could go with a two-word review, but decided with a three-word review: Well that sucked!

To everyone else have a Happy New Year, and even if 2011 brought you blessings, I hope 2012 will be even better- at least until December 21- those Mayans might be onto something.

sorry to hear this past year was not great for you, but on the plus side, means 2012 can be so much better..

my 2011 started off with a trip to disneyland, then booking out trip for disneyland/san diego/la in august. Then work was going great, i finished my 3 months of training and got my very own cubicle.

Throughout the year, I joined two organizations at work, and got voted chapter president of one, went to disneyland in august, then to san diego to visit family for a week, then to LA for a week to attend a conference for work.

I also got 5 As and 1 B+ in my classes thsi past year as well as divorcing my hubby after 5 wonderful years of marriage as we lived 3000 miles apart with our own boyfriends.

When we got back from out august trip we immediately booked a trip to disney world in florida for march of 2012...

I got a $7000 a year raise at work along with a promotion.

I reconnected with my father after almost 15 years of no contact, and also reconnected with my grandfather and uncle through him.

2011 was a very good year, and I look forward to 2012 being even better!!!!! sides its not everday we get to see the world end

• Like 1

I had some good and some bad, but I think next year will be much better.

So for the bad, I spent all summer preparing for a job I barely did not get. I could not go to graduate school due to a lack of funding.

Now for the good stuff. The first paper I wrote was published in August. I have renewed hopes for graduate school and just in case, I also have a job interview coming up too.

My year ended up with surgery in October for an aneurism in my leg, and the news that I have 2 more aneurisms that will need to be surgically corrected in the future...2011 sucked in that regard. Here I am 3 months later and due to complications, (incision split open a week and a half after surgery) the leg is still in the healing process. I can be thankful though that I didn't end up having my foot or any toes amputated, or having it burst and bleeding to death. Life goes on and I can still work and make a living.

Spark, your three-word review work here too :( About the only good thing that happened to me in 2011 was my new, less stressful job :) Otherwise I'm worse off in every way than I was in 2010, and 2012 doesn't look any more promising.

From the Land of the Continual Sigh,

Bettypooh

• Like 1

My year started with completing the Goofy Challenge at Disney World in January. I knocked out 4 training courses and earned a key credential related to my work. I over-trained while running and injured my achilles tendon so I can run the Goofy next week. The key credential got me two interviews and a delayed job offer from the first that results in a promotion and relocation to California.

There are two sides to every coin. Years, seasons, months or days have good moments and not so good ones. The same can be said for locales. If you can handle the downsides of a particular location, job, person, etc., it's easy to enjoy the good points.

Betty, we can get through this together. I hope both of us have a much better year. My issues are entirely job related. It really is not my way to be negative, and I'm really trying to find some positive through this experience.

I know that I'll either leave this in a box (which I have no intention of doing), or come out a much stronger better person. I'm just ready to actually come out of this funk (2010 sucked as well, 2011 was worse).

Sarah, you've had quite a year. Congratulations on reconnecting with your family and the promotion.

Hono, may I be the first to welcome you to California. We are little half-baked (literally), but not that bad. It is a wonderful state, but you will have to get used to us complaining about the weather (I'm serious, the weather is so nice, that we complain about it). Just remember, Californians freak out about the rain, and can't drive on wet roads.

BTW, nobody (here or FB) has asked what my 2-word review was.