LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleep Apnea Treatment

Hi all, I just got started on CPAP to treat my sleep apnea. I've never wet the bed since I was 6, only wore diapers for fun. But after reading a couple of posts about the extra good deep sleep with the CPAP machine, I decided to wear on my first night rather than taking a chance on ruining my Temperpedic mattress should my bladder get full. Though I had trouble getting used to the machine on the first night, I did noticed a small urine spot on the front of my prefold. Hardley enough to make it through to the mattress if I hadn't had protection, but a urine spot none the less. The second night was better sleep with no urine, but I did empty my badder and cut back on the H20 before going to bed that night.

I assume that if one goes to bed with a full bladder or body full of H20, the deep restful sleep with the CPAP machine might keep one from waking up to empty their bladder. Most medical posts I read says that CPAP cures bedwetting in children, and doesn't cause it in adults, but there are a few out there that say they never wet the bed until they got started on CPAP. Any other experiences with sleep apnea treatment?

Anyone with some input?

I've been on CPAP for4 nights now, so far two 3 wet nights and one dry. Seems to happen when I go into long term deep sleep with the machine. Once I dreampt of peeing in the shower (which I often do) and woke up peeing in my diaper, the other two I have no recollection of. But the CPAP machine has me feeling better than I ever have before, very rested on only 4 hours of sleep versus feeling tired after 8 hours of sleep before CPAP. My logical conclusions for my bedwetting is that I have never before been in deep sleep long enough to have wetting dreams (stop breathing 13 times/hour), or perhaps it has something to do with the humidifier on the machine, or with the CPAP I can deeply sleep enough that I am not awaken by the full bladder (the latter makes the most sense). I am certain of this, I think I've had sleep apnea ever since I initially potty trained, (5 yrs old by day, 7 yrs old by night), and my night training got me to be easily awoken by an full bladder. Now I feel that I can sleep through a train wreck, so my full bladder doesn't stand a chance.

Interesting! After a little research on Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines, I can post my theory. I was born genetically to be a bed wetter. I wet until my teens which is when I learned to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate in the potty. Now that I'm sleeping in diapers, I still usually wake when I need to wet, but just stay in bed and wet my diapers.

Most people either stop producing urine when they are asleep or don't produce as much urine as when they are awake. Bed wetters are different in that they don't and thus their bladders fill while they are asleep. If they are able to sleep deeply, they can wet without waking up. That's my theory and two of my three children inherted my bed wetting genes. I just don't which parent I got mine from as their generation was way too uptight about these things.

Interesting! After a little research on Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines, I can post my theory. I was born genetically to be a bed wetter. I wet until my teens which is when I learned to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate in the potty. Now that I'm sleeping in diapers, I still usually wake when I need to wet, but just stay in bed and wet my diapers.

Most people either stop producing urine when they are asleep or don't produce as much urine as when they are awake. Bed wetters are different in that they don't and thus their bladders fill while they are asleep. If they are able to sleep deeply, they can wet without waking up. That's my theory and two of my three children inherted my bed wetting genes. I just don't which parent I got mine from as their generation was way too uptight about these things.

Most people stop producing urine while asleep????? Then why do I wake up every morning with an extremely full bladder????

I've been on a CPAP for two years now. My bladder is full...at least to the point of letting me know...at 3AM +/- 15 minutes. If I'm diapered I'll slowly let loose so I don't flood. If not... off to the toilet. I've never unconsciously peed and woken up with a wet diaper. Before CPAP I was usually getting up 3 or so times a night.

My sleep wetting has slowed down a bit after the first few nights and I haven't wet at all for the past 5 days, probably gotten use to the machine. I do sleep better and I feel much more rested during the day. But before the CPAP, I haven't sleep wet in years and now that its happened with CPAP, I'm not going to take a chance on ruining my Temperpedic mattress by sleeping without diapers and plastic pants...they've literally saved my mattress!!

In the end, if CPAP causes me to become nighttime diaper dependent...then so be it. The family that I have told so far have been very supportive, and they reiterated my initial thoughts about the alternative of sleep apnea; they'd rather have me wake up in a wet diaper than to not wake up at all.

I was wet before I got on the CPAP. If the doctor puts you on a CPAP, use the machine every night. They discovered that my blood oxygen level became dangerously low without the CPAP. I would never consider sleeping without my CPAP. I have a big UPS in the bedroom for my CPAP. It is that important to me.

I am on a c-pap and if you have sleep apnea use it as it beats a heart attack

I was DXed just before i had my heart attack and got my c-pap while in the hospital recovering.

its one of those this you can't live without if you have apnea.

I have never wet while using it because of sleep apnea.

But my other medical problems like insomnia, neuropathy. and diabetes cause me to have to get up 4 to 6 times a night.

Its easier to just wear a diapers with stuffer and just go when i need to without even opening my eyes.

Most people that bedwet because of sleep apnea stop when they go on a c-pap.

I read some where that people produce More urine at night, but if your body isn't telling you to wake up to empty your bladder

it will eventually emty it for you in the form of an accident.

:smiley-baby-boy:

This is backwards. Most people secrete a hormone, ADH, (anti-diuretic hormone) that reduces urine production at night. Babies do not produce this hormone, and its gradual development plays a big role in kids (and adults) being able to stay dry at night, along with being awoken by the sensation of a full bladder.

Based on my experience with CPAP and apnea, I'd think, as the previous poster mentioned, that if anything it would help you to stay dry at night. Without the constant "Wake up! You're choking!", your body won't produce as much adrenaline (Which is a diruetic), and your body can do its job properly. I really doubt you'll be caught in such a deep sleep that your bladder will overflow, unless you have always had problems with bedwetting.

On a related note, at 6 I was quite jealous of the neighbor kid who wet the bed. I remember seeing or finding diapers at his place (obviously he never talked about it) and thinking, how lucky is he...