LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Under Utilised

Is it me or is this excellent and essential part of the forum under-utilised?

Why is it do you think? I have some pet theories? see if any of it runs true for you, and maybe be brave and speak out.

1. If I come 'out' as having emotional/ mental problems on here I will be flamed?

2. if I come out, i wont be taken seriously?

3. If I come out, I will be judged and most people will think im being a drama queen

4. As above, Im afraid what people will say.

5. Someone that knows me might see this, or friends I have made on here might stop liking me

6. I find it hard to put into words, what im feeling.

7. People will just think I am attention seeking, and/or Im making it all up.

8. I am afraid my integrity or honesty will be called into question.

9. I have seen others cry out, only to be dashed by members and I dont want that to happen to me.

10. I havent been to see anyone so I dont actually know what if anything is wrong?

Any of this familiar? Maybe you dont suffer with any of the problems on here, but you also think people dont talk because of any one of the above...

if so folks sing out?

This part of the forum has been renamed in Honour of Restlessfox. They unfortunately didnt make it! how tragic it will be if there is another like them, someone who could have been helped if only they felt safe on this forum.

thoughts anyone?

cheers

Fozzy

Excellent post Fozzy,

Probably the main Reason why I don't post much in this area, is because I feel that I will be judged, & that either what I say will be misinterpreted by others, or I will misunderstand others responses & take them as criticism instead of them trying to help me. I guess that is what my Real Life Counselor is for & at least I'm trying, so thats all that Matters.

Rockies Fan.

Fozzy, I'd like to think the reason this forum doesn't see much use is that most of us have got a pretty good handle on our CD. It's nothing to be ashamed of to post here and I promise I'll handle anyone who comes here causing problems PDQ. I cut no slack here or on the Incontinence forums! Those who post wanting help, a friendly shoulder, advice, or just to vent their forum-specific problems in these two forums are welcome. That's what these two forums are for- to help each other.

Going by the numbers ;

1- NO flaming will be tolerated here.

2- Those of us with depression know how serious it is and we will take you seriously; it can reach life-or-death proportions if unaddressed!

3- A lot of how people 'take you' is in how you present yourself, but again we know that when you're in a deep funk it's terribly hard to say just what you feel in words that will be widely understood. RL sometimes does have drama and we understand that here too. Just remember, this is peer support- we're not professionals, just people like you dealing with what life has given us.

4- What people say has only the value you give to it. If their thoughts mean a lot then value them. If not, they aren't worth listening to much. Just don't overlook someone based on a one-time thing: people can and will disagree on things but sometimes wisdom and help comes from the strangest places!

5- Last first, you can't make anyone think or do anything- they will like you better if you're honest and caring, but if they don't then phooey on them! There are lots of other people in the world who will be your friend. And the only way anyone can connect you to RL is if you give out so much information that you can be found. Besides, who would look for you on an ABDL board anyway? Unless they too share this interest- hmmmm......

6- When you're feeling down words can't express what you feel but do your best and we will too.

7- I think we all want some positive attention- that's normal isn't it? And if you're making it up, we will figure it out PDQ, see we have CD and we're pretty hard to fool.

8- If you really have integrity you won't do anything that brings it into question. Mutual respect will be found here- or else! I'm not trying to be mean but like I said, I don't cut no slack here and my pink ban-hammer is always at the ready.

9- That has happened on other forums which is why we started this one. And yes, sometimes you need to hear things which will hurt before you can get better. We're not trying to hurt, just help, and we can only pass along what we see and know. Sometimes that hurts; sometimes it hurts on both sides.

10- Maybe we can help with that but remember- we're not a substitute for proper therapy and/or treatment. Only a professional can diagnose CD and sometimes it takes Meds which we can't give you. If you are that worried about having CD then by all means get checked out- your life may depend on it!

Sadly we can't help everyone. I watched my best friend slowly return to a life of drugs and drinking, with both of us knowing that his health wouldn't stand that for long. It didn't- and 23 years of my love, care, and concern for someone was wasted and trashed as I watched helplessly. Sometimes there is nothing you or I or anyone can do and we must accept that as just how life goes. All we can do is try to go on ourselves as best we can.

Bettypooh