LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Selfishness

There's a person I know, who happens to think about herself a lot. Recently, she created a non-profit organization/charity and in her mission statement, she admits that she's doing it all for her resume.

It blew my mind.

The selfishness of some people is phenomenal.

To have selfishness in the publicly-known mission statement could do the opposite of what she wants, but only if someone thinking about that actually reads it- which is unlikely. Just like TOU's and Privacy Policies, almost everyone just 'clicks' them away without thought, but those of us who know that the devil is in the details will look for- and find- her glaring error and know that we don't want someone like that around us- even with all the honesty. Just like admitting being a murder doesn't pardon the error, neither does this, so more than honesty I see it as stupidity- had she kept that part out of it the world would be in her hand.

BTW, selfishness is not always a bad thing, It can be a human need as long as we don't carry it to excess and begin ignoring the needs of others in our lives. My therapist taught me to be selfish through giving enough time to me because without me being complete and refreshed I would be less able to help others, which is what I really want to do in life. You can't give what you ain't got so be selfish and get it, then share it.

Bettypooh

Capitalism is based on selfishness that somehow trickles down to help the rest of us! (not sure about putting that in a resume!)