LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cath Insertion Trays - Pvi Or Bzk?

Which is better, PVI or BZK based swabs? The PVI is iodine based and can be pretty messy. Stains everything. Not sure I've had the BZK (Benzalkonium Chloride) so I don't know much about it other than it is the main ingredient in things like Lysol and Bactine.

I have never used them myself, but just from looking at the structures of the compounds... BZK is clearly a very unreactive compound with nothing but carbons and a quarternary nitrogen. I would think that it works by messing with intermolecular bonds in the membranes and enzymes of bacterial cells. PVP-i seems to work by using the polymer to release the iodine that reacts in any manner of ways to kill a bacterial cell. I mean they kill with different methods and they should both be marginally toxic to human beings...but I wouldn't think it would matter biologically with the amount that one would use for cathing.

I'd personally use PVP-i if I had the choice since I have a slight fetish for polymers. But if you're afraid of BZK being toxic, it's not going to be more toxic that PVP-i in any signficant way. BZK should be just as easily cleaned off as PVP-i considering it's high water solubility.

I always liked Octenisept, which was easily available where I lived. Since I moved, it's unfortunately hard to come by. It doesn't sting and is nice and safe on mucous tissue, so I used it as a lubricant as well. Never had problems.

I'd be grateful if someone would have a source in the UK.

Why are you even spending your money on that i Cath myself 3X's a day and have never used anything other than lube and the tube,and the Lube is just individual packets of KY. Wetman is Octenisept a numbing lube by chance??

Nappy

Wetman is Octenisept a numbing lube by chance??

Nappy

Nope, just sterilising fluid, slightly oily. It was slippery enough to use as a lube either for ISC 14FR or foley catheters 16FR, which of course, depends on your anatomy. I usually bought it in small spray bottles and paid about EUR3.50 (~5$) for 50ml. If you intermittent self cath, you should get over 30 insertions out of it.

Have a look at the website, it's linked in my former post.

wetman i sent you a message so check your box and call them and ask who sells it!

it would not let me post a message so its on your blog area or something look around i left info for you.

wetman do you cath?? and if so do you have insurance that pays for your supplies?

Nappy

Well, at the moment all I get in my messages or the blog section is an error message from the php/sql backend, just like the login. Something fails there, but if you can send it again somewhen later, I'd be grateful!

No, I don't cath at the moment. Some time ago I had a rather stressy time and if I wasn't paying attention I had frequent accidents. It didn't bother me too much, because I like nappies anyway, and in the medical/ non-AB way. I got the examinations done, there wasn't much physically wrong. So it was declared to be psychological, and I was in nappies 24/7 for nearly a year. While I did not pay the full amount for them, I still had to pay anything over the very basic level (and I did almost all the time). As this all happened in a country where you could just go and buy catheters over the counter, I got a nurse to show me how to cath, and used them sometimes to empty before I'd wet, when changing would have been awkward.

When I moved, I pulled myself together and got out of the nappies. I now don't wear 24/7 and mostly only recreational.

If I'd go for it here (which I would find wrong with this kind of health system), in the UK, the NHS would probably cover the basics. But health service here is sometimes run like a field hospital in India. So they might just expect you to wash the catheter with soapy water, rinse it with vinegar and use the same one for a week. If you push hard enough, you don't need any lube. <frightened look>

Some medical practitioners are very nice, though, so not all is bad.

• 4 months later...

I'm not really interested in making myself incontinent..but am curious about catheter play because I am having surgery done soon, and I'll have to be cathetered up to a week.

As far as I can see...it looks like really the only things that are needed for this kind of play is a catheter and some sort of lube. Of course sterilization on the outside of the penis is a good thing. But, a full tray is unnecessary for each time....right?

Both times I had a cystoscopy done the nurse used a syringe to inject the surgilube into my urethra. Think I'm going to do that if I ever get some catheters.

I'm not really interested in making myself incontinent..but am curious about catheter play because I am having surgery done soon, and I'll have to be cathetered up to a week.

As far as I can see...it looks like really the only things that are needed for this kind of play is a catheter and some sort of lube. Of course sterilization on the outside of the penis is a good thing. But, a full tray is unnecessary for each time....right?

Both times I had a cystoscopy done the nurse used a syringe to inject the surgilube into my urethra. Think I'm going to do that if I ever get some catheters.

IMHO

A catheter, lube and something to catch the urine is about all you really need if your immune system is strong to start with then help it along with some extra Vit C or high vit C drink. If your immune system isn't firing on all cylinders then I would be tempted to look at the options of near full clinical sterilisation before and during and keep the catheter system closed (use a bag).

LSD

Taushung

I have Intermittent catheters ( they are not Foleys with the balloon) 14 FR 270 catheters with lube if you want them just pay shipping and they are Yours, they are sterile as is the lube and i have about 5 extra cases here so if you want one i can easily part with it. Message me if interested .