LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Funny Thing About Pampers

i totally opened up told them i was an adult baby and wondered if they were ever going to make a new adult baby diaper, i followed up to say it would be a pretty good market. I also told them that they would be first to cator to adult babies in a real diaper line if they did. Love abu's an bambino but nothing is like pampers or huggies or even luvs. So this is the response i get.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for contacting Pampers.

We appreciate knowing you

• Like 1

soo there are hundreds of people kn here saying how everyone associates abs with pedophilia and you expect a childs diaper company to make a product for a population which is supposedly associated with abusing children..... not gonna happen ....

You might be surprised.

The unstated goal of diaper companies is to keep people in diapers for as long as possible... which is why we have the extensive line of pull-ups and size 7 diapers. All made in the name of allowing parents (who can be counted on to be lazy) to delay toilet training for as long as possible.

These companies want money and I believe if they could be convinced that making their diapers in adult sizes would bring them in heaps of cash they would do it in a heart beat.

I still think it's a pipe-dream to expect adult-size Pamers. And if it ever does come true, they'll probly use the nasty cloth-like outer cover, because they'll be marketing to incontinent people, and not ABs and DLs... But here's to the pipe-dream... :pizza:

P&G sold off Attends their adult diaper line in the 1990's to focus on baby diapers and their other products.

i don't see them getting back into the adult diaper market any time soon or making ab/dl diapers.

that would be a public relations night mare for them.

Dont be stupid, dont tell them you are an adult who wants to wear baby diapers!

Do the smart thing and lie and say your child has outgrown your largest diapers. Ask if they would be willing to try and increase the size, because you do not want to switch to adult diapers.

If you say the diapers are for you, you are going to get nothing out of them!

• Like 2

The bottom line is sales. Pampers for babies are sold conveniently in stores. What do you think would happen if adult baby products were sold openly in a store? Most ABs would be too embarrassed to buy them. Mail-order probably isn't cost effective for a big diaper company because compared to the number of sales they make with baby diapers compared to how many ABs would buy through the mail, it just wouldn't be worth it to them. We're talking a billion-dollar market here. (Supply and demand, folks. If they won't sell enough of something, then they won't manufacture it).

Consider the following, and thinking from the companies perspective, and it is very easy to see why P&G stepped out of, and refuse to make an adult sized Pampers product.

A newborn baby is a very precious item to the parent / career, and as such, the parent usually makes extremely considered and thoughtful decisions with everything they wish to do for their 'bundle of joy'. This is usually true for a first time parent. Second time parents repeat what they did for their first child - once a Pampers customer, always a Pampers customer. P&G are aware of this, and market accordingly, and have increased their range to cover diapers, pull-ups, baby wipes, bed wetter pants, and bed pads, so this covers a child from birth to about 16/17. Since the child has grown up around pampers products, they normally chose what they know for their own children.

P&G have spent billions of dollars, and continue to do same, to create an image of the company as one who is caring nurturing and creates a product that addresses all the needs of ones child (in a diaper). They also sponsor / support other related industries - to polish their own halo and to create the image that Pampers admire, respect and care for your little bundle of joy.

Compare this to the corporate mentality of P&G, who decided to increase their sales by increasing their users dependency on their product

- stay dry feel so the baby / child does not feel discomfort in a wet / soiled diaper.

- increased size range to cope with a child up to the average age of 6/7.

Once a child becomes mobile - ie can walk unaided, it is possible to start toilet training the child. On average, that is Pampers size 3-4. AS a result, if every child was toilet trained at that early age, there would be no need for sizes 5 / 6, but it is the combined greed of P&G plus the laziness of parents that create this market. What I mean, if a child bed-wets, the instant solution is to use 'dry nites' or something similar. Second to this is to consult a doctor who will prescribe drugs. It is usually the last process to sit down and address the child's concerns which caused the child to bed-wet.

P&G want, with the Pampers brand, to seem to be caring and trusting. How caring or trusting would they be if they introduced a size 9+ pampers diaper that is only suitable for AB/DLs. Most adult diapers are designed to be as discrete as possible, which in reality means not baby like, poor absorbency and designed for institutional use only. This concept of a diaper does not fit in with Pampers designs.

For the increase in sales of a size 9+ range of pampers diapers, the cost to their core business (baby diapers) could be catastrophic. P&G would be publicizing the need for diapers for a larger person, which could blow a hole in their 4-6 size range. They would also be publicizing their acceptance of the AB/DL market, which would change their customers view of Pampers. No longer would Pampers be a baby diaper to nurture and care for your precious bundle of joy. It would change to be a diaper that your great grandmother / senile old man / possible paedophile / invalid / fetish object - wears, where in most cases, would evoke sympathy towards the wearer instead of 'love, caring and nurturing'.

The same can be stated about all the other baby diaper manufacturers. They are aware of the need, but will not fulfil the need by increasing the size of their baby range. They, instead, will create a different line and name it to reflect a protection need rather than a nurturing and caring.

Pampers, Huggies. Luvs, etc are all used since they mean caring and love. The reason of the product - to contain shit and piss is never mentioned. They are named to evoke emotions.

Attends, Depends, Protex etc are all named to mean protection. They are named to evoke a purpose - all business without emotions.

As a result, I don't think that any adult diaper will ever successfully cross to handle the baby/child market, and similarly, no baby diaper will ever risk crossing to the adult diaper market. Both groups of companies are well aware of the AB/DL market, and don't have to change anything to encapsulate that demographic. Why - every AB/DL will, due to their interest in the diaper market, will tune into all diaper and diaper paraphernalia advertisement.

• Like 1

You do make alot of sense, I do think P&G as a whole could do something, they do alot of differ things. But that would mean having a good market, wich sadly a ton of people who are ABDl's wnt go get it. So it is a pipe dream but maybe one day, who knows

I would have never written to them, personally. Why spend lots of money manufacturing adult-sized diapers for a relatively small group of people compared to all the babies that could be using their products?

I would have never written to them, personally. Why spend lots of money manufacturing adult-sized diapers for a relatively small group of people compared to all the babies that could be using their products?

Well it was worth a shot, I mean if someone doesnt stand up for what we want, we will never get it. Its if you don't takes risks you will not get anywhere. I am an open AB and really wish that more would do the same, but thats just a wish at the moment. I'm not ashamed to write them, and they are not the only ones ive written, I am trying to help my life and others and thats all i really want to do.

Taking a risk should also involve assessing the probability of success. Instead of e-mailing Pampers, I recommend writing to Bambino or AB Universe, and pitch them on designs inspired by Pampers, Huggies etc.

I have done more of that then you know, I also have talked to them(bambino abu), again you would be amazed at what some people will do if you just ask. It doesnt matter the company or anything, some people look at stuff differently and so again i took the risk and the worse they can say is no, not a big deal.

From a marketing point of view we are small in population, but we are a population that wont ever stop buying diapers. Just because a company sells items in stores doesnt mean they have to sell everything in the stores. Attends in Europe are different than in the States. Kendal Lillies are not found in the States. You can not find Depend Boost in stores, but they are still on thier site. Who says if they make an adult diaper for our demigraph they have to be sold in stores, and not just online?

^^ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha hahhhh!!! (Imitate's Jabba's Laugh)

Yes, but these diapers would have a built in corset!!! I do not think we will see baby diapers in adult sizes!

If no one fights it will never come true. If people.......again don't take risk at all there is no reward. It all goes down to people that are willing to stick there neck out. You don't believe FINE thats cool, but your forgeting how this society is set up, if wright brothers didnt try to fly then we wouldnt fly. If gays didnt make a movement like they did, it still would be a rougher subject. I mean you have to look at the big picture. If people come forward and actually try, then you can make a difference. I went a on TV show to spread awareness, and to make sure people know that its not pedaphila. So ya I basically put it all on the line, and I still try to do more and more each day. I even started my blog site www.babybrett.wordpress.com Which alot of people think im brave to do. Is it brave yes but have I accepted who i am YES. I love my life and I will do what ever it takes to make it just that much better.

• Like 2

Because precisely the best way to divest people of that preconception concerning our community's sexual ties to children is to advertise ourselves to makers of children's products and attempt them to remake those products to satisfy what is for many a sexual fetish.

*thumbsup*

• Like 1

The only reasonable thing to ask P&G to do is use their knowledge from developing and manufacturing baby diapers to produce adult incontinence products, of course under a different name than Pampers. Emphasize that their research over the decades has produced a well respected and rated incontinence product for infants. Note that there are no products for incontinent adults that contain dry max or use combination adhesive and hook and loop fasteners. If you can reference sales data for adult sized products, that would help as well.

I doubt you can get P&G to produce adult sized products with Pampers designs on them. No way, no how. Getting them to join the adult product business, however, is just a business decision away.

• Like 2