LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cost-Effective Boosting Options

I'm always out for a deal on my diapers, but I look for a good balance between quality and unit price.

The best quality I've found in the big three brands is Huggies Snug and Dry, here are the best prices from various sellers online stores. The most effective size I've found overall is size 3, since the padding tends to go fully from the front to back, size 4-7 tends to have less padding in the rear of the diaper.

The best prices I've found are as follows for the biggest pack of Huggies Snug and Dry:

Walmart: $40.88 for 206 diapers or under 21 cents per diaper (qualifies for free shipping to home with a $45 order of "Home Free" items, id recommend a box of wipes). Some but not all stores carry this size, but online it is available

Walgreens: 19.99 for 96 diapers or under 21 cents per diaper (unknown shipping for online orders, but hey, Walgreens are everywhere)

Shopko: Not listed online but generally comparable to Walgreens in price with generally larger counts, yielding a lower unit price.

Diapers.com: 156 count for $38.96 (includes shipping, unknown handling) or under 25 cents per diaper

Generic diapers

Walmart: $13.97 for 96 diapers (qualifies for free shipping to home with a $45 order of "Home Free" items, id recommend buying 3 caes and a box of wipes)

Walgreens:$18.49 for 96 diapers (under 20 cents per diaper)

Shopko: Shopko brand $15.99 for 96 diapers (under 17 cents per diaper)

Diapers.com Diapers.com brand: $41.99 for 200 diapers (includes shipping, unknown handling) or under 23 cents per diaper

For actual adult boosters, which I've never tried:

$76.96 for 180 boosters or under 43 cents a booster

Bambino Quadro: $76.96 for 180 boosters or under 43 cents a booster

Abena Abri-let from XP Medical: $80.95 for 350 boosters or under 24 cents per booster

Actually, I have found that, well, for disposables, that cloth diaper inside (prefold or flat) works great as a booster, and allows wetness to wick to areas that will absorb that don't 'normally' get used...

But thats just me......and the few others that have mentioned this as well. :P

• Like 1

If you're using diapers as a boost, divest yourself of preconceptions of cost-effectiveness. They DECREASE the ability of the larger diaper to absorb correctly.

I've found it depends on the diaper being used as a booster, Pampers suck as boosters but Huggies if theyre slit right theyll work decently

I kinda agree with Leilin. Boosters by far work best as boosters. I have tried a variety of other things everything from double diapering to using maxi-pads as boosters and really all they do is increase bulk and as Leilin stated, if anything they reduce the effectiveness of the diaper being "boosted". I tend to like the Abena boosters the best since they contain no sap and since almost all modern disposables do they compliment them well adding much needed wicking in a lot of cases. The Molicare Super for example, which is almost all sap but very comfortable, is great with the large Abena booster added to it.

Actually, I have found that, well, for disposables, that cloth diaper inside (prefold or flat) works great as a booster, and allows wetness to wick to areas that will absorb that don't 'normally' get used...

Cloth baby diapers are what I use, when I want a booster. Add one or two or more, and they work great. Best of all you can use them over and over. I have some that I have been using for over 3 years and they still work great. The best ones are Gerber brand, but Walmart brand is cheaper, and are widley avaliable.

• Like 1

Oh, cloth diapers are different. No impermeable layer and whatnot.

I've found it depends on the diaper being used as a booster, Pampers suck as boosters but Huggies if theyre slit right theyll work decently

They will "work," but not as well as just using the diaper or using a doubler.

What happens is you're trying to stuff an equal amount of liquid through a small hole in an otherwise watertight layer:

I'll try a diagram.

Legend:

||| <--- Pee

___ <---- Sealed layer (Watertight)

\ / <---- Edges of an absorbent product

Normal diaper

| | | | | | | | | | | | <----- Pee

(Nothing between the pee and the absorbent diaper layer)

\___________/ <---- DIaper

^^

Sealed layer

Diaper with a diaper inside

(Nothing between the pee and the FIRST absorbent diaper layer)

| \____| | | |___/ | <---- DIaper

(The FIRST diaper layer is mostly not permeable, except for the slit, which allows SOME pee through, but at a slower rate due to the smaller aperture (versus the entire absorbent side of a diaper. It is also smaller than the main diaper and therefore will allow some flow around its edges, but this can also cause leaks if that flow is directed too far across the diapered person's skin, rather than into the main diaper

\ | | | | | | | | | | | | | / <---- DIaper

^^

Sealed layer

Diaper with a doubler:

(Nothing between the pee and the absorbent doubler layer)

||| \ | | | | | | / ||| <---- Doubler

(The doubler layer is smaller than the diaper layer, allowing free flow around its edges, and through itself, though at a lower rate)

\ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | / <---- DIaper

And, of course, one should probably account for the incredible mess that is potentially created from a slit in a diaper, which can cause SAP gel to spill out, and is very un-fun to clean up.

Considering the cost of depends, you're better off just buying a better product, rather than using one as a boost.

Yes, I've researched this. Yes, I get bored sometimes. Yes, this is from a pure standpoint of utility of the product, rather than babyishness.

If I want a very thick diaper, I will use 4 to 5 cloth baby diapers as stuffers. These will make Bambinos and other premium diapers hold even more. Sometimes I will put them in a regular attends, and it will make the last twice as long. The best part is that it is easy to wash them, and resuse them.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have tried several methods over the years.

Cloth pre folds make excellent liners/doublers.

I like their wicking ability and will even wrap them around my new favorite liners.

gDiaper makes hybrid baby diapers that give the convenience of disposable with the eco friendliness of cloth.

Well, anyways, they make a disposable stuffer/ liner. Basically a diaper with no plastic backing, so 100% pass through.

I also have had good luck with the new Pampers extra protection.

After removing the tapes and reaffixing them to the front and back to hold it in place inside the adult diaper.

I use an awe type punch or large needle to make rows of leak holes.

This methods has been working great as I wear 24/7 even in public and have had involuntary wettings.

Hope this helps.

Baby Bink :)