LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lilshybaby - It Was All A Hoax

warpiper

Honestly, when people come into a chat room, or onto a website, and immediately its all about their medical conditions, how limited they are, how awful their life is, and they 'overreact' when strangers in an internet chat room say something not even to them.... I'm ALWAYS suspicious....

the internet allows people to be whoever they want to be, from fabulously successful, to pitifully disabled and in need of your kind words, attention, phone calls, emails etc... its a way to get attention, by claiming all sorts of fantastically wild claims, and without really needing to substantiate it.. Pictures can be gotten anywhere online now a days, just do a google search for "girl in wheelchair" or "wealthy man" and you can come up with loads of pictures...

The point in, as in life when something is to good, to outrageous, to questionable, to be true... so too is this on the internet... except that on the internet, no one can see your face, no one can see where u are typing from.... no one can hear your voice... so its even easier to tell these outrageous lies.

I am sorry to an extent for those who believed all this lilshy character stated, but i cannot be too sorry, as its not as if the internet is a new phenomena, and its not as if people have not been lying about themselves since the beginning of time.... but I hope that next time someone comes in and is 'too good' to be true, this experience will allow people to take a step back, and be a bit more cautious... not to never talk to people, or reach out, but to be a bit more careful in not only believing a person, but also if being so rude, so harsh, so mean, to those who question that same person.

Lol, I am surprised by the length of this. This thread and the few that came before it that are related to this matter remind me of CNN (always focused on stories that do not matter for weeks at a time when you only needed to hear it once), which then reminds me of a Tool song called Vicarious. The important thing to realize is lilshybaby's problems of insecurity are hers and hers alone. The more you talk about it, the more you contribute to the problem.

I will not post anymore comments regarding this topic to put an end to my own hypocrisy.

Because 9 times out of 10 it cannot be disproved, hence it's a rather convenient excuse because "you can't say I wasn't 'hacked'!"

Sure it can. Like here, all it would take is to request the administrators to check the IP addy of the post under my name, and then compare it to all my other posts to see the difference. MY IP would resolve to where I live(except for a week when I was house sitting at my sisters). If it comes up one area on most of my posts, then suddenly it shows up well away from my area(and maybe even my country) its obvious I was hacked

Just like when my gmail was hacked. My IP went from what it was to a cell phone IP in India. Real easy to prove.

All messageboards log IP addy's, so proving it was hacked is easy. Twitter logs IP addy's. Facebook logs IP addy's. Myspace logs IP addy's. Yahoo logs IP addy's. There are not many places that do not log IP addy's. So proving you were hacked is really easy to prove, thats exactly why that congressman never filed a police report when he was "hacked" because he was told by a smarter aide(who probably knows more about these things then he did) not to if he actually did send it, because it would be proven he sent it, as the police would have requested Twitter to give up the IP addy of the tweet(where even removed, there is still a record of it) and a quick call to the ISP would tell them which account that IP addy is registered to, and it would have shown up under his name.

Most forums have the show IP Adress option

Just like when my gmail was hacked. My IP went from what it was to a cell phone IP in India. Real easy to prove.

We're thread drifting :P but I said it cannot be disproved not that it cannot be proved - there's a difference :)

I've seen this a hundred times in my real life and conversations about "hacked" accounts normally go like this:

Me: "How come you posted [horribly offensive post here]?"

Them: "Oh it wasn't me. Umm.... My account must have been hacked."

Me: "But the IP address is the same as the one you've been posting from for a week. That means it was posted via the same internet connection that you're using right now."

Them: "Umm.... Erm....... (sound of butthole clinching shut)...... Ah! That's because it was my kid brother / roomie / dog / the flying spaghetti monster / etc."

Once the "my account was hacked" claim gets wheeled out, no matter how ridiculously unlikely it gets, there will always be another reason why it can't have been them and eventually you get down to claims that you, as a distant person without ESP, subpoenas, the CIA's 'special' powers, etc, cannot disprove - namely, who was the fleshy thing sat tapping on the keyboard.

IP addresses identify internet connections not the people who use them, unfortunately. You can prove an account was compromised - suddenly being accessed from an IP address belonging to a cellphone provider in Timbuktu, for example) but you cannot normally prove that an account wasn't compromised, which is why most TOS for services that matter have a "your account is your responsibility" clause so that the 'it was my brother' defence can't fly.

its obvious I was hacked

Beg differ.

Look up torpark, xerobank, onion server. IP addresses prove zilch. Most of them are dynamic anyway. And if someone wardrives around a bit, he can surely find some unsafe wifi, and hey,presto - tadaa. Even MACs can be spoofed, have a look at wireshark and related tools. And then there's always the possibility of hijacking the physical machine and remoting it: back orifice, VNC and the likes, probably really good in bigger routed LANs (uni hell of residents and such).

Proving that someone was hacked or not is pretty much impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good test for religion: you claim you are my god, prove it (i.e. show me a sign). But, it seems that train of thought is condemned by the religious. Speaking of religion, did anyone's deity tell them this was a hoax when they were praying for "her" recovery? I guess it doesn't really matter, was just a thought. :)

I've found this whole event to be mildly entertaining.

People didn't need God to tell them it was a hoax they needed common sense.