LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Childhood Memories

I wore diapers to bed and for long car trips until I was 8, so it was a regular event that would not cause me to remember most of the time when I wore them. I do remember one time just before I turned 8. Mom wanted to put me in a diaper because we were going to visit my cousins about an hour and a half away. I got my diaper on, but when she put my yellow shorts back on, I could see my diaper through the material. I asked if i could get another pair of shorts on, but she said that we had to get going right away as we were late getting started. One of my younger cousins had just been toilet trained and was proud of it so he teased me all afternoon. That was the only time I can remember being ashamed of wearing diapers at that age.

Carla, as I have shared many, many times, because of the bladder control history of the women in my family, all of my mother's sisters put their daughters into "just-in-case" pinned gauze diapers with pull-on vinyl pants. Mom was super nice about it. Since my older sister never objected, I never considered wearing a diaper to be embarrassing. Mom did carefully select or traveling clothing to disguise our diapers well.

Granny and Mom taught us that it was rude to deliberately reveal undies of any kind, so we should do our best to keep our diapers out of sight. However, we also were taught that in the long run it is far better to not try keeping need for diapers a top secret. For example, although I did not routinely wear diapers to bed at home after age 3, some of my siblings did. Therefore there were several stacks of gauze diapers and vinyl pants in our home. Those were in plain sight so all of our friends visiting saw the diapers. None ever teased me about the diapers.

Where my Mom handled visits differently from Carla's mother is that Mom would have taken off our diapers either just before reaching a place where we were visitors of minutes after we arrived if there was a chance of embarrassment. We had many cousins, some in diapers, living fairly close to us. Such a visit would be considered a "special event" for which we preferred to be diapers, just as we were for Disneyland or Renaissance Faire.

I have a few memories but not many; however, I can remember wanting to wear them all the time while growing up. Why? Who knows but I did.. One of my best moments and I would say I must have been maybe 6 or 7, I was at my best friends house for a sleep over. Well while their I noticed a box of pampers, (remember the ones in the purple box, the large size?) well I saw those in the closet and I dared my friend to sneak out one of them and hide them for when we went to bed. He of course asked why and I said (Who knows why) I want to see if they fit!

Well that night I tried them on and to my surprise still fit.. They were quiet snug but never the less they fit! It was then on I knew I loved diapers.. The softness, the smell.. Growing up from that point I would mow lawns and take the money to buy some even though they did not fit anymore I would put my tight whities over them just to have the excitement of wearing them again..

Well, here I am to this day, still wearing them every chance I get.. I miss the old thick pleated diapers like pampers used to make..

Anyway, thats my story and I am sticking to it!!! :baby_sleeping:

• 2 weeks later...

Out of a family of two girls and two boys, I was the only one to be slow to learn how to use the toilet and be toilet trained--I blame my mom but she would vehemently deny this. So until my four birthday, I wore diapers (Pampers) instead of panties. It was mainly for wetting; for the number two I could inform Mom when I needed to do it and she would help clean me up. But yes, I peed in Pampers and my main present for my fourth birthday was a pair of panties.

• Like 1

Yes, I too can remember quite well wearing diapers when I was growing up. I wet the bed at night until I was in 4th grade. I would get a double diaper (gauze cloth) one folded in thirds and laid in the center of a second for a soaker pinned on before getting a pair of real rubber pants pulled up into place before bedtime. I wet my diapers every night! I can remember waking in the morning to soaked diapers however, the bed stayed dry. On occasions our neighbor would "baby sit" my brother and I when mom had to work and would make us take a nap in the afternoon. She asked me if I wet the bed, and I told her that I did not, however, my older brother told her I peed the bed all the time so she made me wear diapers for a nap in the afternoon - I remember how nice and comfortable the diaper was! Since she would sit for us about every afternoon in the summer during the week I remember that one day when I woke up from my nap I needed to pee. Instead of getting up and going to the bathroom I just peed in my diaper! I can still remember the feeling of how warm, wet and good it felt. i just fell asleep again when Merry Ann came and awakened me. She noted that my diaper was soaked and made a comment about going "Peedee in my pants". Poking my obviously soaked diaper in the front. (that did it!) I remember getting excited from her doing that and my little "water hose" came to attention. She went and brought a fresh dry diaper over and changed me telling me that mom had called and she would be very late coming home so just in case she would keep a diaper on me. I equated wearing diapers and getting excited from then on and never turned down an offer to be diapered again. Just to keep getting diaper I would wet them fairly often so that it appeared that I did so when napping as well as at night.

I was 5 when I first tried them after being potty trained. I didn't know how to put it on exactly but my mom giggled and helped me with the tapes. I was addicted.

When I was 7 I used to pull plastic bags up between my legs to feel the snugness & crinkles. My mom caught me once and told me to NEVER do that again. Of course, I still did.

Occasional diaper finds in the apartment building's community basement were like discovering gold! Few & far between...

Any time I saw diapers in a kids closet or nursery, I was envious and excited.

I pooped outside on a dare when I was 7. I guess I didn't do a good job cleaning because my dad was saying to my mom they might have to put me back in diapers. The shame & excitement at those words were so strong. Shame won & I never pooped outside again.

My friend was about 8 and used a wheelchair for a disability. I used to peek up her shots and stare at her diaper with envy.

At around 12 I started wearing my mom's maxi-pads. Masturbation in pads was mind blowing.

At 16 I got the courage to buy Pampers, but was discouraged at how they wouldn't fit. I knew nothing of adult diapers.

I am so happy for younger people today that can get on the internet & get support from others. I wish I had this back then!

• 2 weeks later...

I've written this before somewhere...

-after potty training(took 1 day apparently), diapers in my house were gone but my aunt gave me some for our cabbage patch dolls(old huggies) so I still had baby stuff after 4 years old. I remember taking a diaper into the bathroom and having an erection at that age.

-I remember that on sunday's my parents would put disposables on me for church. Huggies to be exact, and I even remember the tape design. I was PT'd by 2.5 years. I never had any accidents that I remember, I was more of the "your son threw up" instead of wetting the bed.

-at age 14 I discovered DPF.com

-at the same age had some fecal inco issues...lasted for 6 months and then went away(never told my parents)

-again...same age I got a hold of some depends pull ups.

-I remember that in basically all of middleschool 6-8th grade the default costume for halloween for girls was to dress up as a baby. A couple of them would even bring pacifiers to school. Home-eco class was offered then, where you had to take care of a "fake baby". Since I was a lab helper in 8th grade I had to sit in on one of the science classes to help the teacher. I swear that one girl proceeded to take a baby bottle out of her purse, fill it with coke and hand it to her best friend sitting behind her. WTF at that age.

What pisses me off is that I was so skinny back as a kid(up until 11 or 12) that I could actually have worn baby diapers with ease if I had regular access to them(like a younger cousin or sibling). I had like a 24 inch waist at the time because I was a competitive swimmer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have memories, not of when I was a baby but when I was around 7 or 8, I had bad tummy and lots of messy poo. My mum took it on herself to put a nappy on me...I can remember thinking I was too old and when I had an accident in it, I got up and walked to my mums bedroom in it to ask for help. She washed me and helped me clean up, and I thought that would be it but tummy was upset for days. I spent those days in cloth nappies and plastic pants. Ever since then I have wanted to wear...not often but when I do its cloth. Like now.....

• 6 months later...

I can remember my mum diapering me when i first had to start wearing at the age of 14. It was the worst experience ever. Felt utterly embarrassed and ashamed. Even worse when i had used my diaper (mess) and then my mother changing me was even worse. Some of the worst memories of my life.

• 1 month later...

I don't have many memories when I was younger; but I do remember noticing diapers in one of the restrooms of my elementary school, I managed to get a couple of them, but at the time I didn't know why. I remember playing with them when I could.

When I was between 9-12 I went over to a friends house early in the morning, he was the only one up, all he had on was a t-shirt and a diaper that needed to be changed. Fast forward a few years in middle school while I was a different friends house and I noticed the faint smell of urine, I'm not sure what I had said, but my friends older brother let his night time accidents slip. At the time, it didn't matter to me and it didn't make a difference in our friendship.

When I was about 16 or 17, I went to a Halloween party and one of the girls was a baby with an adult diaper on the outside. It was fun hanging out with her that night. To this day, I don't know if it was for costume only, or if there was something else going on.

Sadly, I didn't discover the internet and DL fetish until I was in my mid 20's.

I sure there was more, but I can't remember them.

It was four years before I was actually potty trained. I remember vividly having to poop and finding a favorite place in the front entrance and crouching beside a cabinet to do my business. It felt so good, but the scoldings didn't. I also remember playing with a toy train set in the living room one day and the urge hit. I let loose. Ultimately, I was promised a special toy that I wanted so much if I'd stop "enjoying" doing my business in my pants. I caved in. Now I am an adult and can poop and pee in my pants without a scolding...or without anyone knowing. Deja vu!

• 4 weeks later...

I remember once, when I was 15, taking a bus to go visit my grandmother who lived about 100 miles away. Most buses stopped in small towns in between their final destination, so we made this one stop and it had only a single stop light in the center of town. As we pulled up to the light, I noticed a mother with her 3 year-old in tow. He had on a diaper and clear frosted plastic pants with a t-shirt and tennis shoes. As she lead him across in front of the bus I could see the sun shinning off of his billowy, plastic pants in the early morning sun. As the bus turned onto road leading to the highway, I tried to see he and his mother walking up the street, but I could not. An older woman sat in the seat on the other side of the isle from me. Bummer.

I only have one memory of when I was really young: I was three, and I was at my babysitter's house. She would babysit several kids at a time, and I was one of the older ones. I remember asking her why one of the young ones was crying. The babysitter said it was because the baby had wet his diaper. I remember asking what was so bad about that that would make him cry. She offered to let me wear one so I could see, but I turned her down because I was a big boy.

I have many memories, mostly owing to late potty training. I was eventually trained when I was 4, but at that stage I wasn't 100% reliable, so would regularly be put into nappies "just in case".

One particular memory was at one of my uncle's wedding, when I was 6. It was at a large country house, and we were all in the gardens at the front for a champagne reception (obviously I was drinking something soft) a few minutes before lunch. My cousin Tom, who was 3, was lying on the grass being changed by his mum, in full view of anyone who cared to look. My mum called me over to check my nappy and found it needed changing. My aunt offered to my mum that she would change me, so I was told to lie down next to Tom while mum went to get the stuff. My aunt pulled my trousers down to my ankles and took my nappy off, and left me lying like that as she finished off changing my cousin, before putting a new one on once my mum got back. About an hour after lunch, I was playing with all my cousins (there are 5 of us in total, I am the second oldest and Tom is the youngest) when my mum came over and said something like "I can tell someone has done a poo, is it you or Tom?" She then checked my and Tom and we were both wet, so she took us both to get changed. All our other cousins followed, in order to see who had done the poo (it was Tom), so I ended up having my nappy undone with all my cousins watching!

(I should add that this isn't an embarassing memory, or one in which I was being humilliated. Most people in the family knew that I still wore occasionally, including all my cousins, and those that didn't were too polite to say anything to upset me if they saw me that day. The whole issue was dealt with very matter of factly by my parents.)

Guest diaperj71

I didn't have a very good childhood and have very few memories as I've blanked a lot of them out I guess. However one night that I remember crystal clear was when I was 6 years old and it was the summer I was going in first grade. It was a Saturday night and my my mom told my 2 year old sister to go get her diaper for bed. I was (and still am) a bedwetter and my parents were pretty tired of it. Spankings were not working and I think they were tired of dealing with it. As my sister ran back to our bedroom (we shared a room) my dad yelled to her "bring one for your brother too". I immediately yelled "no don't bring one" or something along those lines but of course she came running back with 2 diapers in her hand and a huge smile on her face. Although I resisted, eventually I ended up being diapered like a baby by my dad. It was a very humiliating experience at the time. I used to hug and kiss my mom and dad at night before bed but that night both of them were laughing at me in the diaper and my dad just said "goodnight tinkle" (which was his nickname for me bc of my bedwetting) and my mom repeated what he said. I waddled off to bed and never kissed or hugged them before going to bed again. The diaper was dry in the morning and I think I put up such a fuss that night I wasn't put in diapers anymore after that. I always wondered if I hadn't made a scene of it or had pissed the diaper if I would have been put back in a night diaper regularly. It was back in 1977 so parenting was just way different back then. I even remember the diaper being a Johnson&Johnson disposable diaper. Anyways although it was disturbing at the time, I'm sure that event had something to do with my adulthood "kink" that.I have now.

Lil_Mike, your memory of being diapered for your uncle's wedding caused me to think back. Since I joined DPF in 1990 I have told about my first vivid memory of having my diapers changed in public during Renaissance Pleasure Faire in 1968, 6 weeks before I turned 4.

Probably I have also told about the time when I was almost 8. Mom and my oldest sister had taken my younger sisters Missy and Ruth into a restaurant ladies room while our family was driving to vacation. While Penny was changing almost 3 yo Missy, she was supervising Ruth and me while Mom changed her own diaper in a stall with a door. Once Mom was changed she started to change 5 yo Ruth, so Penny could use the stall to change herself. At last it was my turn on the changing table. Mom had folded up my skirt and removed my wet diaper when I saw a girl who could not have been older than 6 walk into the ladies room all by herself and then use the stall with the door. That girl finished in her stall and was washing her hands by the time Mom finished pinning on my dry diaper and started pulling on my Gerber panties. That girl grinned as she walked out of the ladies room.

I was shocked, because until then I assumed every kid I saw while on car trips and in restaurant ladies rooms was diapered just-in-case. Before we left the restroom I asked Mom if it was possible that little girl was not wearing a diaper, or even trainers. Mom sort of shook her head in dismay, saying "Some parents have strange ideas. I takes all kinds, but I think it really silly to deny kids diapers!"

It was the spring I turned 6 that my beloved Aunt Betsy married Uncle Willard. She was still living with my folks when I was born and was living next door with our grandparents until 1968, so I got to know Betsy well. Anyway, the day of the wedding, Mom diapered all of us, including Penny who was still 10 yo, at our house before we drove to the church. The second the ceremony was over, Mom led all of us to the church nursery. She decided that would be a good chance to change us, starting with Missy. Meanwhile several of other mothers brought in toddlers and younger kids to be changed. I recognized some of those people. Penny did blush when it was her turn, because the mother of one of her friends was changing a baby on the other table. By then I was well past embarrassment about just-in-case diapers. I would only try to hold back wetting if I was sure we would be making a potty stop soon. At Ren Faire and during the wedding I just wet my diaper to avoid the effort to not wet. Mom never scolded any of us for wetting a diaper, nor did she make note if one of us was dry before a change. She always changed the diaper anyway, so we would not be irritated by our sweat.

Aunt Betsy's wedding reception was held at a swank restaurant with a party room. It was not close to the church or our house. I know I was getting uncomfortable in my wet diaper during the reception. Usually when we were wearing just-in-case diapers they were supported by Onesies Mom and Granny made for us. However, for the wedding and reception I was wearing a frilly dress without a Onesies. So sagging diaper was a problem. The dress was long enough my diaper might not have been noticed. Mom just spread a changing pad on the floor outside the ladies room at the reception. I know strangers saw me being wiped clean, but none giggled.

When I was 6 or 7, I used to steal my brothers' plastic panties & wear them over my underpants. As I got older, I would make my own. Then when I got on the internet, I found I could buy adult sized cloth diapers & plastic panties. I've been in them ever since.

• 3 months later...

Earliest memory around six years old pleasuring myself rubbing the tip of my penis on a cloth cotton gauze prefold diaper. Made me feel so good but sometimes the rubbing produced enough friction to cause bleeding.

I dont remember my childhood, I just know that before puperty hit, I wanted diapers. I remember stealing them from a closet where my mom kepted them for kids that she babysat. I remember they where huggies Pull ups, then later when I lived in foster care, seeing pull ups in a bathroom. I wore those aswell. It was right around the time hormones changed and the thoughts of diapers where strong.

I wore diapers very late into childhood and have lots of memories of being in them and the feelings and emotions that come with wearing diapers as an older child. My mom returned me to full time diapers just after I turned 4 years old for having too many accidents due to the arrival of my younger brother, a move across country to a new locations and my challenges with control. They were all too much for me and I started regularly wetting and messing my pants. My mom threatened to return me to diapers and one day followed through with her threat after I had an accident while out shopping. It was back to diapers for me.

I remember feeling like I let her down at first and that my diapers were a symbol of disappointment and failure. I wanted out of them, but my mom insisted I stay in them and over time, the convenience of diapers made it routine. I slowly accepted my diapers and they became a part of me again. I rarely thought about them except when we would go places where my diapers might draw extra attention. I dreaded having my diapers changed in public, but since I was back in them 24/7, those public changes happened frequently. I was often changed in the back of our VW square back alongside my younger brother. I remember feeling so exposed having my diapers changed that way, but the joys of a fresh diaper made it bearable.

Over the course of time, I continued to accept my diapers more and I remember one time playing at a large public park with a group of kids when I was around 5, when I suddenly felt the urge to poop overwhelm me. My tummy started to ache and I knew what was forthcoming. I climbed the monkey bars and went potty in my pants and remember thinking how fortunate it was that I was in diapers and it was expected that I would use my diapers. The relief was satisfying from a physical standpoint, but I remember feeling self conscious about my loaded diapers. That moment is very vivid and almost frozen in time. I looked for my mom and hoped no other kids would join me at the top of the monkey bars and discover my situation. I located her on the grass with my brother outside the sandy playground and climbed down monkey bars and run over to her the best I could without being detected. I told her what I had down and she took us back to the car and changed my diapers like it was routine. After my diaper change, we went over to feed the ducks and continued to enjoy the park. Had I been in undies, this trip would have been a disaster, but my diapers saved the day. I remember that moment as a turing point where I started to get attached to diapers.

Eventually, I started to see my diapers a a source of security and comfort, and yearned for the extra attention I received because I wore diapers. I felt special in many ways because my diapers brought numerous diaper checks and changes from my mom and other care givers. I remember going to nursery school and being the oldest child still in diapers and loving the attention I got for it. I got so attached to my diapers that I didn't want to give them up. My mom potty trained me for a second and final time right before I started kindergarten and told me that no one would be my friend if I continued to wear and use diapers in school. She scared me right out of them. Unfortunately, she continued to diaper me on occasion for having accidents as a form of punishment and my emotions and feelings toward diapers shifted once again and I developed a sense of humiliation and embarrassment about diapers.

This caused me to bury all my diaper feelings deep inside me and to feel bad about my attachment to diapers. I am still on a journey to accept myself and my feelings and needs for diapers and age play. I have met so many wonderful ABDLs in real life and here online and have embraced this lifestyle. My childhood memories and experiences forged who I am today and I am more comfortable with myself than ever before. I love to share my childhood experiences with others that understand and have experienced similar things. It is very therapeutic for me to express my past and share with others.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a several diapering experiences over the course of my childhood that all impacted me. After months of wetting and messing myself as a five year old, my mom and dad threatened diapers on me. I remember playing at a friends house in the front yard and my mom coming to pick me up. I ran up to the car and saw a bag of Huggies diapers on the seat and asked who were the diapers for? And my mom replied in front of everyone, "You". I remember I just sank with embarrassment and got in the car. A few nights later I messed my pantes again and was yelled at. I remember her going and grabbin a diaper and coming back to me in the bathroom as I protested. She diapered me and put me in my pajamas. I went to bed diapered but after a little while she let me take it off.

I only have two memories that stand out for me.

One was when I was about two or three and I was staying at my Nana 's.

I had two cousins that were still diaperd at night and nap time. Mom had just dropped me off and i was lying on the floor and having a Pampers put on.

The second time was at my cousins house and this. Time. I was put into a pink luvs for girls.

Does anyone have any pictures or ads of these diapers? They were all pink without a tape pannel.

Guest stephdiapered

I really need to let some of this out. I hope some of you have similar experiences. I fully understand the difficulty of talking about one's early childhood, so some discretion is obviously prudent

I have several memories relating to nappies (or accidents) from my early years

I remember (very vaguely) wetting myself when my mum breastfed me

I remember soaking my nappy/getting changed probably 2 or 3 notable times.

I remember messing one time in my nappy while I was toilet training (odd I should remember such a minor accident - that probably happened many times still)

It's odd I can remember all this from before I was 4. Most people can barely rememeber anything from that age. What's more, I remember remembering it as a middle-aged child (~9-10), before I discovered sexuality. I may have posted this a while ago but I'd love it if someone else has a similar perspective

What this post is particularly about is that I have a very important, but fairly vague) memory from when I was about 6 and with one of my (female, as it happens) friends - in addition at least 2 of my male friends (that I know of) wore at night at that age. It seems that she still wore nappies sometimes during the day, although I did not make anything of this at the time. I feel slightly bad about posting this online, and I will naturally protect her anonymity (I don't actually remember her last name anyway).

I went over to her place to play. I can hardly remember half the details, but I recall quite clearly smelling something, asking her about the odd smell (I didn't at all realize the significance of this). She had messed her nappy (which she apparently still wore sometimes).

The following dialogue I am fairly sure of. ~"What's that smell?" - She said simply "I wear nappies". I recall being taken by surprise but not wanting to offend her at all. I said "You do?... oh... okay" after some delay. I think I even might have asked her if they were comfortable, but I don't remember that as clearly (this particular episode is particularly interesting because it shows I obviously had a latent interest in nappies before puberty). She went and got changed and I don't remember what happened after that. I think my parents were called and I went home. I took her messing herself with casual indifference, as I clearly recall, but it seems she may have been upset. I only saw her probably only 2 times in our brief friendship - They moved soon after (I don't know the circumstances, and don't really want to)

I messed myself when I was 10. Case of the old 'explosive diahorrea'. I was terribly scared at the time but after cleaning myself up laughed it up and finished the day. Never used those undies again though :lol:

When I was 11 I was at my cousin's and one of my cousin's nappies was lying around. I reached for it while my mum and aunt were watching. My lame excuse was that I was lunging over to look at the picture on the wall from a different angle. I highly doubt they bought it, but both my reaching for a nappy and lunging over like that to look at a painting were both odd enough things to be doing for either to be considered the case :) I also had a wetting accident when I was 11 (probably because I was growing a lot)

Then the hormones kicked in. My first episode as a DL started when I was on holiday when I was 12. My cousin still wore nappies at night. I was bored, alone and about 6 months into being able to get hard. Soon I discovered I was not alone (a few forums, diapergal etc). So began my sexuality and fetish.

I don't think I've ever reflected on my childhood so much as in the last day or two. It was an important time in my life that I think truly defined who I have become.

And my thanks as always to DD for providing an outlet :D

I am a bedwetter for life since young. I probably was about 8 when I realised I had to wear nappies/diapers to sleep and that my mother insisted on changing me every night. No questions no arguments. If that happened, I would get grounded or spanked bare bottom. So I accepted being diapered by her nightly and sometimes daily.