LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Which Diaper Works The Best For Outdoor Concerts

My friend and I are going to a concert in a couple of weeks. It is an outdoor concert that is held outside out city each year that is for around 5,000 people (it's kinda tri-city, so pretty big). I was wondering what diaper would be best for this type of environment. I have been looking at some diapers and think that Abena Extras would be the best as they are said on xpmedical as "nearing the absorbancy of the x-plus without the bulk." I have never worn actual diapers before( I've always used pull-ups in the past for just wearing around, as I usually don't "use" them. But this year to the concert, I am definetly wearing because last year, my friend, who knows I wear diapers for fun, was in one of the porta-potties they rent for the event and some drunk guy (there aren't many) decided "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I pushed over one of these toilets?"

Needless to say, neither of us are keen on using those toilets again... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: <-- and yes I did need to use that many because it was hilarious!!

So my friend said to me the other day that she wants to wear a diaper to the concert She's worn some of my pull-ups w/ me on some on some occasions, so it's not a sudden out of the blue thing. Has anyone ever tried the extras before? How bulky are they?

Another question would be outfit: Would I be able to wear a jean skirt or jean shorts over the abenas? If not, what would I need to wear to conceal it?(I don't care if I have a little diaper bulge, just not a ton). <-- and no trolling on this question. and yes, I did say trolling even though I'm a girl :P

So... any thoughts?

HI Sabrina! That is really very cool that you have a friend to share this with who accepts you and 'it' :) Anyways, as to your question, really, most any diaper will work for this situation, it mostly depends (no pun) :P on how much you use it. Abena has wonderful products, I use the Abena X's which I ADORE :blush: but which might be a bit much for you, so It sounds like the Abena extras might be a good option for you. Again, it mostly comes down to how much you use them. Since you wear more for comfort, rather than convenience, you might want to try using a couple after you get them to see how well they perform, and find out their limits. Also do you plan on drinking a lot?? remember what goes in eventually comes out :P so if you pee a lot, you might want to try them before the concert so you know and are comfortable with how they perform. The "extras' are the next step down from the Abena X's, so I am sure they will have plenty of capacity for you :)

The other thins is disguising them. I don't see this as a problem, especially for ladies, since you can wear skirts and such, and can hide a lot of things :blush: where us guys cant. I have worn AbenaX's under my shorts and not had a problem. Also, check Diaperednicoles' posts about her wearing dry 24/7 under her skimpy skirt, with pantyhose, (dry 24/7's are T*H*E bulkiest diaper known) and she doesnt have a problem with them showing (though they are adorable :blush: ) . Maybe wear some tights or pantyhose under your skirt to help compress everything. If you don;t drink much and don't pee much, the abenas should last you a good long time, with no issues. If you do imbibe a bit though, you might want to bring a change with you, or add a booster pad , just incase ;)

Anyways, as you have noticed, public toilets can be a hazard, (especially when drunks are around) plus they can just get nasty since if people are drinking (or doing some kind of drugs) they tend to make a mess of what ever restroom facilities are around, so you are better off just wearing a diaper and forgetting about it ;)

I think it's a cute idea...or am I trolling now?? :huh::blush:

anyways, yeah, go for an Abena, and some pantyhose and a jean skirt and enjoy the heck out of your concert! :thumbsup:

Hi Sabrina ,I've worn diapers to concerts many times .I'm incontinent and absolutely no one notices what you have on . I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants and have gone 3-5 hrs.with no problem . So yes wear them and enjoy the concert .

You will probably already do this anyway, but whichever diapers you decide to try, give them a couple test runs a few days before the concert to see how much they will absorb before you start to have any leaking problems. Importnat because cloth backed disposables may tend to leak easier than plastic backed ones. Also, wear whatever clothes you plan to wear over your diaper to see how noticable any bulk may be. DO it when dry and also wet, because some diapers really swell up and get bulky when really wet! This is also a good chance to see if you can hear any noise from the diaper if it's plastic backed, allthough that might not be much of a problem at an outdoor concert! There will be times when you are not around a lot of noise, though, and may have a lot of people around you. I'd say if you are not concerend that much about bulk, get the most absorbent diaper you can. Abena X-Plus, something like that.

Tights (pantyhose) are def a good idea, they'll help to reduce the noise and the bulk (kinda like a diaper corset lol) the x plus are pretty bulky but again it depends on your frame as to how much they need hiding :)

Failing that the molicares tend to have good absorbency without too much bulk so you could look there?

Your Abena is going to have its limits at a concert - namely its integrity. If you're sitting around or standing, it would be fine. If you are going to a rock or metal show and plan on being active throughout the crowds, rain or shine, you will want a stronger diaper. I just got for the first time, Wellness Brief which are fantastic. They are astronaught diapers. They are relatively compact when dry, and hold a lot, and seem to have very strong plastic/tape system. Secure Xplus/Bambinos have a landing zone for tapes, which acts to add strength. With either of these two, you will not have tape/ripping problems.

With an Abena at an intense concert, you would end up having it rip in the front at the tapes. The tapes would risk poping as well when it begins getting heavy, or if it starts raining.

In comparison: in an Abena, I would worry about it popping off when out in public. In a Wellness/SecureXplus/Bambino, I would feel confident doing summersaults and cartwheels without fear of losing my diaper. Abena is definately a great diapers, but better for night and no so much active lifestyle. Wellness/Secure/Bambino are all on par capacity-wise with Abena, but suit an active person much better.

One trick you can do for all day concerts, is to put on two diapers. If you can make just one trip to the bathroom, you can remove just the inside diaper, and you are left with a fresh diaper (already on) for the rest of the day. This would work best with SecureXplus/Bambino, since their landing zone allows you unstick and restick tapes - letting you adjust the top diaper for a better fit after removeing the inside/wet one.

for me it always depended on how long the concert was, and how much movement i planned on doing. If it was a big open air festival like ROCKSTAR MAYHEM then well, I usually wore a dry 24/7 since i would be out ALL DAY. Since i wear baggy pants, not a big deal. But if its the typical 3 band show, I always did moli super plus or abena xplus and never had any issues. Then again, I am a guy and don't wear short shorts or skirts to shows lol. Just my baggy pants haha. Either way enjoy your show! But be sure to powder or something before hand to prevent any uhmmmm discomfort.

Reading through the replies reminded my about Molicare and Abena having weaker tapes. Also, for the length of time I am assuming you would be in the diaper, Abena's don't seem to cover odor is well as Molicares, Secure Plus or Bambino. A thinner diaper with a doubler would help add absorbency but like it was suggested above, try them out first.

Good luck and enjoy the concert.

At the festivals I was at I was wearing a Cuddlz and if people noticed no one let on! Although we were packed in so tight they probably did feel something.

Still wearing nappies is better than the people who were throwing bottles of pee :angry2: or the person who pooped in a bag and threw it :wtf2:

Reading through the replies reminded my about Molicare and Abena having weaker tapes. Also, for the length of time I am assuming you would be in the diaper, Abena's don't seem to cover odor is well as Molicares, Secure Plus or Bambino. A thinner diaper with a doubler would help add absorbency but like it was suggested above, try them out first.

Good luck and enjoy the concert.

How ironic because Abenas and Molicares were my first two options, I wanted them in purple :(

What I'm probably going to do after looking at some of your suggestions is either go with the bambino or the wellness brief. I read (but could just be lying to get to buy) that the Wellness briefs absorb 87oz, which is a LOT! However, the bambinos were made for activity, which there will be.

The way the concert works is that you audition for it and there are different types of music playing there, such as country, and some rock, and there are ALWAYS those 2 people who try to rap, it never ends good, but we all get a laugh. There are usually around 5,000 people who attend, but they only have about 1,000 seats because there's a large flat area behind it where people can just sit and goof around, and surrounding that on 3 sides is a hill, where people can just sit there if they don't want to be right up front. My friends and I usually sit in the flat land behind the seats cause we like to be able to move around.

We take turns and one of my friends has to bring the cooler full of drinks this year, so yes, we will be drinking a decent amount (Soda of course :blush: ) There are just two things I like to know so I can compare them. How much do the Bambinos hold? and How durable are the wellness briefs?

Wellness briefs seem to have better tapes than anything. I am referring to overall strength of the tape to hold, and where the tape is attached to the back of the diaper. It does not seem to stretch over time as other plastics do. The landing zone on secure prevents front stretching, but the back plastic can sometimes stretch at the tapes. Also the Wellness small/meds come in a light blue colour. Larges might be purple, not sure. While both Wellness and Bambino hold alot, Wellness has more gel stuff, so it swells up and 'feels' wetter. Bambino or Secure was my long standing 'active' diaper until I tried Wellness. Bambino are a thicker overall diaper.

Wellness briefs seem to have better tapes than anything. I am referring to overall strength of the tape to hold, and where the tape is attached to the back of the diaper. It does not seem to stretch over time as other plastics do. The landing zone on secure prevents front stretching, but the back plastic can sometimes stretch at the tapes. Also the Wellness small/meds come in a light blue colour. Larges might be purple, not sure. While both Wellness and Bambino hold alot, Wellness has more gel stuff, so it swells up and 'feels' wetter. Bambino or Secure was my long standing 'active' diaper until I tried Wellness. Bambino are a thicker overall diaper.

Then I'm probably going with Bambinos because my friend is using it too and I don't want it to "feel wetter" because I don't want her to feel like everyone can see it because it's already wet. I don't care that bambinos are thicker and you can tell I'm wearing a diaper a little bit. I don't mind a little diaper bulge, I just don't want this..

post-33139-0-24615600-1310943842_thumb.j

post-33139-0-24615600-1310943842_thumb.j

Then I'm probably going with Bambinos because my friend is using it too and I don't want it to "feel wetter" because I don't want her to feel like everyone can see it because it's already wet. I don't care that bambinos are thicker and you can tell I'm wearing a diaper a little bit. I don't mind a little diaper bulge, I just don't want this..

An Abena might leave you loking somewhat like that. Bambino and secure are the same diaper, both able to stand up to jumping and wrestling. You're going to have a blast graduating to a Bambino from pullups. Bambino are lowrising, and compact providing a discrete yet thick diaper.

Sabrina,

My wife wears jean skirts and diapers all the time! Jean skirts have the stiffness to feather out the diaper lines and dark colors help hide leaks. All the points about not looking as obvious in diapers are valid, even if hard to believe. My wife's jeans are the full, below the knee type. I got them for her at Christopher & Banks. I know it is not everyone's style, but she is very comfortable in them and discrete. I hope this helps your research and I hope you and your friend have a great time at the concert.

For any diaper with weak tapes, Duck Tape (with cudosto you square duck) come in colors. BabyMaggie loves pink, but we've seen purple too. Get the diaper that fits you best, that you are conifident in and use Duck Tape in case of doubts.

Aloha,

Honu

I would tend to agree with the above posters. I think that Bambinos would be the best choice for absorbtion and tape holding power while moving around. I would deffinatly go with the Biancos since they are all white. When I wear Bambinos out and about, they will hold two full wettings for me, but after two I have to be careful when sitting so that I dont wick out any moisture. Let me prefrace this by saying that I drink a lot of fluid throught they day and my wettings are very large, so when I have put two wettings into the diaper they are getting pretty full and must be changed.

I think that under most circumstances Bambinos would be the best choice to go with, and if you have not had the pleasure of wearing them before, they will be a fun diaper to have around for all occasions as the plastic is soft and the tape zone holds well and they feel like a diaper should.

I hope this helps with your diaper selection. :thumbsup:

Actually, I dont think you can go wrong with any of the above mentioned diapers! :D

.....anyways, yeah, go for an Abena, and some pantyhose and a jean skirt and enjoy the heck out of your concert! :thumbsup:

Tights (pantyhose) are def a good idea, .....

Tights or pantyhose being worn to a concert on a hot summer night???? :whistling:

I wear "boy cut" boxer/bike short style pantie girdles to keep everything up & together. Not sure how that would look under a short jean skirt. I have never tried that combination under my short skirt. :lol: There are lots of low, mid, & high cut pantie girdles out there. I would suggest something like that.

Like the others said, prepare, test, dress how you want, and enjoy!

Oh yea. I've found it a good idea to carry a complete change of clothing & underwear in the car when going to events. One never knows when it may rain, like the sudden storm over Giant's Stadium in NJ during Bon Jovi's first, (of three,) "Have a Nice Day" Homecoming shows in '06. (It was 100+F that day. No predictions of rain. The storm, more like a Monsoon, :lol: only lasted for 15-20 minutes. Fortunately, I and my friends were already under dry cover.) It also helps when one finds themselves coming across the two or three 'idiots' in the whole venue that decide to have a water, beer, or pop fight. Been there, got caught in it. :(

I have'nt tried any of the diapers that are being spoke of here, I use Depends Maxinum/overnight with plastic pants or a pair of underwear over them which really helps hiding the crinkle sound. Recently I wore to a nightclub under jeans and had 2 wettings in them while standing up without any leaking, they usually are good for 2 wettings but will probably leak after that. These diapers hide really well under jeans so your friend may be more comfortable with these if wearing shorts, if you wear a skirt I would wear some pantyhose over your diapers or the crinkle will probably give away your secert. I've also worn these to concerts many times without leaking. What ever diaper you choose, one trick is to wear new black jeans, they really hide any leaks (faded black wont work}. Concerts are my favorite place to wear diapers,and would'nt suprise me if there are some others wearing there too. I've spotted a lot of girls I suspected wearing diapers at concerts (they tend to feel for leaks which kind of give them away}. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun, good luck.

One possible tip based on some replies about tapes comming loose with some brands. Maybe tape them on but also use a couple diaper pins on a disposable for extra security if you think a tape might pop loose. We always think, "Disposable diapers = tapes to secure them." There is absolutly nothing wrong with being a little old fashioned and using diaper pins to secure a disposable diaper.

• 3 months later...

I'm a musician, so once in a while, I may wear diapers on an actual stage. I'd recommend the Molicare Super Plus. They're not too thick, but they hold up well. They're excellent for active wear.