LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Why Is It...

So why is in that when you look at adult diapers in stores (not disposable underwear) there only seems to be one size on the shelf? :(

Medium or large...

But not both.... :huh:

And hardly ever small...

Just wondering...

i used to look in that section every time i went into a store that had em.. and yeah that happened allot.... but now all my diapers com in either a white or brown truck right to my door so i never go in that section anymore...

adult diapers are not a big money maker. Candy bars have about a 300% mark up and so called drugstores make a ton of money selling them. baby diapers, toothpaste, and shampoo are more universal and they sell a lot more of them adult diapers are not a big moneymaker so they don't get much shelf space.

i notice this as well. believe it or not, it is actually to increase customer service. they always stock them, but you need to ask for them sometimes. also, diapers seem to be a high theft area. i dunno why, but i ran the pharmacy at sobeys in rocky mountain house, always missing a bag.

The lack of small is also because most store brands no longer produce small diapers. Just noting.

Yes. It's a huge pain in the butt to me, at lesat. >_> Medium and large are WAY too big for me.

Stores stock more if what they sell the most of :mellow: so things that sell too slowly get replaced by things which are worth stocking from a business point of view -_- Chain stores are the worst since they often have little say at the local level of what they can stock; chain companies are strictly stockholder-driven and rhe economic bottom line is all that the stockholders care about :( This is why I prefer stores andpeople that make an effort to have what I want in stock for me. I want to repay their extra effort by being a loyal customer to them thus helping them stay in business bu purchasing other items from them too B)

Go out of your way for me and I'll return the favor and let you know that I truly appreciate that :D Tell me that you can't accommodate me and I'll tell you why I'm going elsewhere to shop :whistling:

Bettypooh

It is kind of odd that even medical supply stores I notice are carrying more and more only protective underwear.

Luckily there is one that always stocks Molicare Super Plus about 30 minutes away.

Which except for Dry 24/7 I find quickly soak up floods the best. Might have a bit less capacity, but the flood factor makes up for it for me.

I still want to actually fully try out Dry 24/7, even though I got samples from xpmedical, I always find it takes me a whole bag to really decide if they soak up fast enough and fit the right way.

Bambinos and Abena seem to only have a large capacity if you are not flooding. Even the Abena XPlus have leaked on me because it can't soak my flood up fast enough.

I dream of the day I can go 24/7 as I see it as the only way I will be able to make my body learn to not hold it so long so I am not flooding it. I even wore pretty much 4 days a week at school for fall 2010 and it just wasn't enough to make it a reflex for me to just go every hour or two, even if I thought about it I didn't even feel like I had to go.

Lack of large or medium usually means that someone like me, who only has disposable income once or twice a year has come by and restocked their stash before you got there. I usually buy 4 or 5 packages at a time with birthday and Christmas money, then make those last 6 months.

It's been that way ever since disposable pull on underwear came out and started getting popular. There is a maunfactured and created market for disposable underwear aimed at everyday people to convince them to buy and wear this product on a daily bases weather that person really needs them or not. Commercials for Depends used to be aimed at the elderly and often showed someone like June Allison talking about the product for her elderly mother. The implication was people get old and no longer can control their bladder, so get them adult diapers. Now look at all the commercials for disposable underwear. Their message has nothing to do with incontinence and instead is always along the lines of,"Wear them just in case of a little accident, like when you sneeze, get stuck in traffic, any reason at all! It's OK to wet your pants! Just do it! Everyone's wearing them now days and no one will notice!" The more people hear this kind of advertizing, the more they will be convinced to wear disposabel underwear. There is your new market and profit margine! Not in actual diapers for incontinent people anymore. That's why you see the disposable underwear and maybe only one size disposable diaper if there are any diapers at all.

The lack of small is also because most store brands no longer produce small diapers. Just noting.

Yes. It's a huge pain in the butt to me, at lesat. >_> Medium and large are WAY too big for me.

If that's the case, you may be underweight. Possibly dangerously so. Go put some more meat on your bones.

many of the adult diaper companies like Depend and Attends used to make small, medium, large and extra large or barryatric diapers.

but they have consolidated many of the sizes to save money and shelf space. eg small's and medium's in some brands have been combined as well as the the large's and extra larges.

also the protective under wear has taken away shelf space and sales of the regular adult diapers.

alot of people think that an adult pull up is more discreet then a diaper, but they don't hold as much wettness as a diaper and many of them don't have leak guards.

:smiley-baby-boy: