LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Service And Bedwetting

Does anyone use a diaper service for cloth diapers? Specifically, for bed wetting?

My bed wetting problems have continued, probably exacerbated by the stress of a very happy event in my life very recently, the birth of our first child. (Yay!) The lack of sleep, stress, and general exhaustion have not helped with "my little problem", though, and now it's a pretty much every night thing.

My wife has decided that the little kiddo is going to use cloth diapers from a service, and she's suggested that we should have them deliver some for me as well. I know that they do carry adult sizes, but she wants me to call and get more details and figure out if they'll work for me. I'm having a hard time getting over the embarrassment factor. :(

I'd like to hear if others have gone this route, and what they think.

I'm not sure I like the idea of wearing diapers others have used even though I know they're well cleaned, sterilized, etc. Does anyone else have an ick feeling?

Do the adult products work them same as the infant products as far as just using a cover, or do they use the normal pins plus plastic pants?

If we're getting a delivery of infant diapers anyway, I'm less worried about having a diaper service truck in front of my house, but I still worry that somehow it will be obvious that there's a delivery for me as well. I'd really prefer the neighbors didn't know.

So, anyone been here before? Positive or negative experiences?

(Disclaimer since I'm posting this on the medical board: Yes, I have a DL streak. Yes, that part of me is liking this idea. Great fantasy and all. But, the part of me that lives in the real world living with the real problem is not so amused.)

Lots of questions there and a few of them you can only answer yourself.

Thousands if not tens of thousands of adults suffer from incontinence, and out of all those people there is a large percentage of them use cloth diapers.

Most of them prefer cloth diapers for personal reasons, be it because they prefer the feel and performance of cloth or they consider using cloth to be the green option or whatever.

I assume that up to present you have been using disposable diapers at nightime and will have a fair idea of how they perform and feel for you.

If you have the option of using a diaper service and cloth diapers and giving them a try appeals to you, you should approach the diaper service company and ask what type of diapers the can supply and they will most likely give you a few options.

You should ask if you could have a trial run with their diapers and see if you find them suitable.

Make sure you get all the information you need when you enquire regarding if you need plastic pants with the diapers or do they do diaper wraps or whatever.

The part about others seeing the diaper delivery van is entirely up to you personally, I mean come on they will be delivering to your house anyway so why would people think anything of it?

First, don't be embarrassed. Many adults use diaper services. Cloth is a good option in your situation. Talk it over with them to find out if they can supply you.

As far as "ick factor", I do know that they are washed just like hospital linens. I talked to a diaper service ( which I couldn't' use due to sizing issues ) and they assured me by showing me what I would get. Those samples were worn and very clean. They also told me that any that have stains are discarded. Check with the service that you are going to use, but I would guess that they have the same policies.

As with any cloth diaper, you will want to use plastic pants. As far as pins, that is going to depend on what they use in adult size. The one I looked at uses snap diapers.

Allen

Back when we were first married we got a trial subscription from a diaper service for me. We were living in an apartment at the time and once a week the diaper truck would pull in and drop off a weeks supply of adult pre-fold diapers for me to wear along with a large diaper pail as well. At the end of the week all of my wet diapers went into a plastic bad and it was left at our door for pick up by the driver.

The pre-fold diapers were first rate thick cotton diapers and as far as cleanliness goes, you need not worry about anything there. I had lots of diaper pins and plastic pants and all of the other baby stuff. It was great as long as it lasted. But nothing ever does, the Company soon closed down in lieu of all of the disposable diapers coming onto the market.

If you are into wearing cloth diapers and there is a service available to you. go for it. It sure beats having to do the diaper laundry your self. Every week the driver takes the wet, stinky ones away and leaves a fresh supply ready to be pinned on.

I wish I had an adult cloth diaper service in my area!! Just curious, noticed OP you live in CA. Are you getting diapers from the company that was featured on Dirty Jobs? I could never figure out what the name of that company was. Please tell us what it is if you can. I would like to buy some of the cloth diapers from them if possible.

The dirty jobs episode in question was shot atthe 'tidee didee' diaper service company in Northern California. they even mention the filming on their web site:

http://www.tideedidee.net/

As for using a service, there are a couple of big companies here in California. As mentioned, "Tidee Didee" in Northern Calif and here in the south we have the 'didee' diaper service that serves Los angeles and Orange County and parts of San Bernardino county...thats a lot of ground! :o

I checked both site and neither of them made any mention of Adult services or products, so I don;t know if they provide that at all or if it is something that you have to call and inquire about.

I had considered a diaper service at some point, but I don't really wear that much, unless I started wearing more to bed and going that route, a diaper service wouldn't be very economical. That and the potential embarrassment of having the delivery truck show up in front of the house every week :blush: me being a single guy and everything..but if they do offer the service, I might want to 'try' it as something different...especially since my parents used a diaper service when my brothers and I were 'kids'. Might bring back some 'interesting' memories :P

Anyways....thats all I could find for the California area. Good luck in hunting and if you find anything that pertains to our community let us know!!

qwack

• 2 weeks later...

The dirty jobs episode in question was shot atthe 'tidee didee' diaper service company in Northern California. they even mention the filming on their web site:

http://www.tideedidee.net/

As for using a service, there are a couple of big companies here in California. As mentioned, "Tidee Didee" in Northern Calif and here in the south we have the 'didee' diaper service that serves Los angeles and Orange County and parts of San Bernardino county...thats a lot of ground! :o

I checked both site and neither of them made any mention of Adult services or products, so I don;t know if they provide that at all or if it is something that you have to call and inquire about.

I had considered a diaper service at some point, but I don't really wear that much, unless I started wearing more to bed and going that route, a diaper service wouldn't be very economical. That and the potential embarrassment of having the delivery truck show up in front of the house every week :blush: me being a single guy and everything..but if they do offer the service, I might want to 'try' it as something different...especially since my parents used a diaper service when my brothers and I were 'kids'. Might bring back some 'interesting' memories :P

Anyways....thats all I could find for the California area. Good luck in hunting and if you find anything that pertains to our community let us know!!

qwack

Thanks for the info!!! I've asked several different times and no responses. I'm just curious if they'll sell their adult size cloth diapers or can give me info on where they came from.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the long delay in answering. The realities of a new member of the household don't provide for much down time...

In any case, I did end up calling the service, and yes it was TideeDidee in Sacramento. The do carry adult products (large flat pre-folds), and agreed to do a two week trial along with our infant diaper service.

But then... my wife talked more to friends and neighbors, read Yelp, etc., and decided that their reputation was horrible, and cancelled our service before we even started. So I have no idea what they would actually have provided. She's looking around for other options, but they seem extremely limited. Like non-existent.

We're doing a mix of cloth and disposables for kiddo, so I've been using a few cloth diapers bought off amazon occasionally since the laundry is happening on a mostly-regular basis. The constant parade of relatives helping out (none of whom are aware of my problem) mean that I'm still mostly using disposables anyway. Not that I'm parading around the house, just don't want someone helping to fold the laundry to get a 'big' surprise.

In any case, the cloth seems hotter to me to wear during the summer, so we might try this again in the fall when it's a little cooler, the guests have stopped, and life is a little less crazy. The environment (and $$$) is important and all, but when I'm getting a few hours of sleep scattered in blocks around the clock, it's a lot easier to tape on a disposable and then throw it away than to deal with the cloth.

Having had a newborn recently, the sleeping gets better eventually!! Hang in there! Anyway, DRATS!! Was really hoping to hear from someone who had a diaper service using adult diapers. You'd think out of all the people on the board, someone would?? If it was a free trial, heck, why not try it. What do you have to lose anyway, even if it did cost a little. Sometimes you need to service out certain things to save on time like having a diaper service as I know, as a new parent, there never seems to be enough time.

Also, don't just go off what other people have said as most people tend to want to tell everyone about bad service and not as much about good service. Try it for yourself and see if you like it. First hand experience is sometimes better then someone elses gripe!

Have I convinced you yet otherwise?? :)

PS. The cloth diapers wouldn't be in the laundry as that's what the diaper service is for ;)

I used a diaper service several years ago. It was great. They laundered diapers I provided and they were always clean an soft. If I lived close to one now, I would certainly be using it. Much less odor when the diaper is wet.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a diaper service before adequate disposables came along. I was their last adult diaper customer. If you wear cloth diapers, and you can get a diaper service, do it.

A commercial diaper service uses much hotter water (usually boiling) than you can get in a residential washer. Not only will the diapers be more sanitary, there will be much less residual soap in the diaper.

The service supplied the diapers, plastic pants and a pail. I supplied the pins. The diapers were large square birdseye flats.

The drawback was that I had a pail of wet diapers sitting around for a week. The pail had a good seal, so it smell when it was closed. But when I opened it to drop in a wet diaper, it could be overwhelming. Of course, I would have had the same problem if I washed the diapers myself, unless I did them every day.

• Like 1