LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers In The News - A Thought

Energy Security & Indendence Act of 2007 (EISA)

New performance standard for general purpose light bulbs

Requires light bulbs to deliver a minimum amount of light per unit of energy consumed

Mandates 25% increase in lumen per watt efficiency over current incandescent technology

The standard will be phased in between 2012 and 2014

Other Facts:

EISA in NOT a ban on incandescent bulbs nor is it a purchase ban. EISA is technology neutral and is a ban on manufacturing and shipment of inefficient products. There are 22 special purpose light bulb types that are exempted.

EISA Compliant Technologies:

Halogen:

currently available

new infrared halogen may be twice as efficient as standard incandescent

will be priced below CFLs

currently meet EISA requirements: 72 watt, 53 watt, 43 watt, 28 watt

CFLs:

surpass EISA requirements

still have some light quality and proper application challenges

still have mercury and need to be recycled

LEDs

surpass EISA requirements

cons: higher cost and newer technology

The minute I see any alphabet soup agency and 22 this or that, my eyes glaze over and if I see the words "mandate" or "ban"I know EXACTLY where it is going And when I see them both together I know it is about to do what they say cannot be done: Go there faster than light. If you have mandates and bans, does it not stand to reason that someone has to DO the mandating and banning? Now who is that someone? Usually a functionary who could not make it in the real world and who needs a rigged game theis are the clowns of whome was written in the Decliaration of Independence "He has sent men to Harass us". I do not have to know andy more I saw this same thing 36 years ago applied to the then vibrant auto industry with mandatory safety standards and the CAFE standards. also mandatory I said This will give the governemnt such powers as to destroy the auto industry. Fast forward to c1983 and Lee Iacocca and the Chrysler bailout, fast forward again to 2008 and another bailout. I just do not believe them any more having been to that well too many times in the last 4 decades

I have no doubt that you (DailDi) are dealing in good faith. I have seen the work you do. But you'd best keep an eye open lest you say, one gloomy day "How did we get here" then your oppressor reads the fine print in the thing you thought was innocuous and you get "that feeling" in the pit of your stomach

The minute you see in any form "mandate" bend over and grab your ankles Sure they TELL you that it won't do this or that then the next thing you know, your getting the this and that shoved down your gullet and beware of any kind of Energy Security anything. If the statists are allowed to get a stranglehold on how we use energy well bend over and grab your ankles again. They are statists. they do what they do for the same reason a dead batter makes a car just go rrr-rrrr-rrr-chk": It is their nature. As Orwell put it in 1984 :"A boot stamping on a human face"

As a lifelong "legally" blind person, I have dealt with too many agencies, beureaucrats and social workder to not know the enema bag when I see it coming

Neither do I In fact back in 1971 or 2 as one of the conditions of the setup of the EPA there was a rule that the governernment would stay OUT of MPG standards because people feared that they would get involved in such so they said they would not.Now what do we say about those who do not keep their word? As I said, "Neither do I" Power Corrupts, Give NOBODY the power to decide what you may or may not buy or have or you will end up wearing it in the small of your back in the form of six inches of cold steel

Before you try to read someone else's mind, get one of your own and before you try to intellectually browbeaat someone, get one of those of your own, too. Your "question" was one big ball of assumptions. and you know what you do when you "ass u me". well I am not going to play your little game. Are you telling me that theere are not persons who got sick or died form eating food that was poisoned or spoiled in the last 3 years? We've had so many E Coli outbreks that it's not funny So your governemnt can do magic is shot full of holes Also If you look at electrical appliances, the gold standard is the Underwriters' Laboratories, not, repeat NOT the governement equivalent and just as a matter of principle I want to eat what I see fit, not live accoarding to some Fascist in some capital who does not know jack about jill and who is as rotten as a dog turd in a puddle on a sidewalk. Do you really belieive everything the government says?? I mean REALLY? It was the government to which the term "credibility gap" was first applied in the 1967-9 timeframe. Do the names Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon do it for you?

A comment on CFL and the government. The point is not if you should or should not used them. There are arguments both ways. I have a bunch of them. the argument is whether the government should have the right to FORCE you to If you say "yes". then remember freedom is not divisible. If you agree to let the government force someone to do something that is not anyone's business but their own then how long before that wheel of hurt comes wheeling around to you? As they say, what goes around comes around Finish this oft-cited quote"They came for the Jews. I did nothing because I was not Jewish. They came for..."

Asi I said, you have to keep alert with the government and I am not the first to make that observation I do not know to whome this quote belongs but "At no time are our liberties in greater peril than when the legislature is in session" which is why news and politics are joined at the hip and have been for 45 years during my lifetime Nor did I coin the terms "safety nazi" (P.J. O'Rourke; 1984), "health nazi" (Dr Dean Edell wanted to use it in the title of his book EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY: WHY THE HEALTH NAGS ARE WRONG But the publisher, being of the Politically Correct type would not let him) or "food police" (I did coin "foodstapo")

Now, "Politically Correct" has an interesting history. It made it's current appearance on college campuses c1987 used by the Left to describe themselves; according to an article in a WPI student newspaper on the then current student slang, It had been dormant for 50 years, originationg among the Communist students in the universities in the Soviet Union in the 1930's

Oh my gosh, can you stop blowing peoples comments out of portion. I was just comically pointing out that not all government regulation is bad as that is what you were complaining about. I never said the government is perfect, in fact, I think our government is one big hypocrite. I also never asked for statistics on E Coli outbreaks and all that other crap that is not worth mentioning. Your information was so irrelevant to my sentence that it is not even funny (A sign of a poor communicator by the way). Is this really how you talk to someone face-to-face? I will even be so bold as to say you are arrogant. I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to make yourself appear smart or somehow assert your authority by mentioning as many facts or historical connotations as possible regardless of its relevancy. You can do that if you want, but do not insult my intelligence.

On another note, I must apologize to Diapered Charles. My post in the other thread used your words, but I was referring to anyone's post that was very negative towards Stanley, and not anyone's political views. Your post was fine up until the very last part were you mentioned "Stanley" and "Social Security problems" in the same sentence.

On another note, I must apologize to Diapered Charles. My post in the other thread used your words, but I was referring to anyone's post that was very negative towards Stanley. Your post was fine up until the very last part were you mentioned "Stanley" and "Social Security problems" in the same sentence.

Apology accepted :thumbsup:

However, no apology is needed because you should be able to voice your own opinion. I picked the wrong place to have the debate. I blame it on Miller Lite.