LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinent

Just curious about who is urinary incontinent vs bowel incontinent or both. However, if you are urinary incontinent do you become bowel incontinent over time or do you try to use the toilet for the bowels? I am curious because I hear many stories of people developing incontinence and start wetting their pants but not pooping their pants. So they have urinary incontinence and wear diapers but maybe can still hold their bowels in. Would you just go a head and use the diaper for bowels too for convenience?

There is absolutely nothing "convenient” about pooing in a diaper. The smell is overwhelming and it is a lot of work to clean up. Not something you really want to do at work or in a public washroom.

Sure the AB/DLs make is sound so grand. Of course I doubt many of them would really drop a load during their final exams, during an important sales pitch, job interview, or at dinner with a new date, etc.

I’ve been told that I may also lose control in that area and it is one of my worst fears. Fortunately, I show no signs of any problems yet.

If that were to happen to me, I don’t know how I could do the same work I do and therefore still provide for my wife and maybe a family someday.

I really would like to see how many AB/DL would react if they really couldn’t control themselves. Seriously, it would be a hoot to see how they would have to handle real life.

I actually understand if anyone who is 100% incontinent or even just urinary incontinent would turn to being an AB/DL as a means to cope. I can completely understand it being a way to mentally disconnect from the problems of interfacing with the outside World as an incontinent person. For younger people, I can only imagine the issues they have to face.

In a way it may be easier if someone were to also have an obvious deformity or handicap so people would understand. But just being incontinent is so close to living a normal like but you just can’t. I am so glad I’m only urinary incontinent and that I’m strong enough to handle and manage it. I’m really glad that I’m smart enough and already had a great career and income before becoming incontinent. (And I’m glad I had a wonderful wife already!)

I was diagnosed with what they call urge incontinence. When it comes to my bladder, I don't generally ever get any signals at all that i need to go, usually I start feeling a little wetness in the area. some days are better then others. On a good day I may get about a 2 minute warning that the flood gates are about to open. Same with the bowels, Most of the time I will start to get cramps within about 10 minutes of when things need to come out, other times, like this afternoon, It is sudden onset and I am bent over trying to squeeze as hard as possible to keep things in, running in to the bathroom, and literally tearing my diaper off to get it in the pot. Personally, a messy diaper is one of the last things i would ever want, cleaning up is a royal pain skin is very sensitive and with acid reflux gerd and ibs my bottom end gets really really irritated and will start to bleed. I take nullo as it is to keep the smell down and for those times when accidents might happen, but as i said, I will go out of my way to keep it from ever happening in the first place. Thankfully it only happens maybe once every few months. I am sure most other people with incontinence feel about the same.

I've had urge urinary incontinence for many years but no problem with urge incontinence.

I must be going senile. I meant to say that I have urge urinary incontinence but no bowel incontinence.

bowels and bladder issues are USUALLY completely different... i say this but some causes of incontinence effect both.... but having one type does not mean you WILL have the other... and no way would it be EASIEr to "just do it" just becuase you have a diaper on..... its bad enough to have one issue why would intentionally do both if you have the choice.... just nuts......

its like asking "if you were blind would you pretend to be deaf so you dont have to hear people since you cant see them...."

• 3 years later...