LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thick Cloth Diapers?

Guest stinkysheep

Guest stinkysheep

Well people, I was wondering, what are some of the thickest ab cloth diapers? I have always wanted to try a cloth nappy and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a nice thick one hehe^///^ Although I am unsure of when I would be able to order one, but still lol, some sites and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Cloth diapers can be as thick as you want them to be by doubling or tripling them up. Some manufacturers make day weight and night weight diapers as well, however your drying time for the thicker diapers will be much, much longer. Anyone who wears cloth diapers will tell you to just double or triple up on the same thickness of diapers so that laundering them can be done quicker.

• Like 1

Check out www.adultclothdiaper.com

Pay attention to the overnight diapers.

Well people, I was wondering, what are some of the thickest ab cloth diapers? I have always wanted to try a cloth nappy and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a nice thick one hehe^///^ Although I am unsure of when I would be able to order one, but still lol, some sites and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

When i am at home and not going anywhere or at night i use custom diapers from adulclothdiaper.com . They are expensive initially but worth it. Often ill even put some toddler prefolds in them as a booster ... usually 2 for the extra thickness when i am in the mood for a more submissive helplessness mood. Cloth feel totally different than disposable. To me when in cloth it is undeniable you are diapered and i like that. But to match the absorbency of disposables the thickness needs to be twice that of a disposable... so unless you only need a light diaper going out in public with cloth is asking for intentional exposure... and that is not cool.

SSheep,

Cloth diapers are one of my favorite subjects! It's about the material composition, the weave and the number of layers. A very common and traditional product for the material is cotton. The three traditional weaves are gauze, birdseye and flannel. Changing the weave changes the performance and different products used in modern cloth diapers makes this quite complex. For example, one new product is Zorb. Another popular product is hemp and terry weaves are becoming as popular in the US as they have been in the UK for the past several decades.

If you really are going to try cloth, you will need something to hold them on you. Traditionally pins are used. You can find these at Joann's or Hancock fabric stores as well as online sources. You could probably also use a Snappi size 2 if that appeals to you. For a lot more money, you try pocket or AIO diapers. These snap on or secure with velcro.

Finally, baby pants are necessary unless you find an AIO or pocket diaper that doesn't wick around the leg holes (good luck!). I like the enclosed elastics from B4NS, but don't want any moisture outside of my diaper.

It sounds like you are a ways off from giving it a try and just doing a little research. There are plenty of sites for those who want to sew diapers for their children as well as sites for the material and supplies they need. Have fun and please share anything particularly interesting you find.

Regards,

Honu

i ordered some custom cloth diapers from adultclothdiaper.com 10 layers thick with terry in the center. Terry is not the softest but it is very absorbent and adds to the unforgettable fact that you are thickly diapered.

Marcuss,

Have you ever worn the "night time" thickness diaper from adultclothdiaper.com??

If so, how does the custom 10 layer diaper compare? Does it seem very much thicker?

Do you have to go to a larger size plastic pants when wearing it?

Is drying time alot longer?

I currently wear the "Nighttime" diapers at night, with 1 or 2 of their adult sized cloth diaper inserts in the middle... But those custom diapers DO look appealing!

have not tried the standard night time diaper. They do take a long time to dry. Often we run them thrue a dryer cycle and hang them either inside or outside as our back yard is fairly private and we just dont care what others think. Yes i do have to use "high back" plastic pants but that is because the size i ordered comes up to just over my belly button. They are very thick and after 10 washes or so when fully shrunk are over an inch thick. I have not measured but i will when i get home tomorrow but i would guess they are somewhere between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 thick laying flat on the bed clean un-squished. With 1-2 toddler prefolds in them when the mood is right you can not help but waddle which my girl thinks is cute :0). If you are going to go that thick and walk around you should use a onesie or when it starts to get wet the sag will be insane.

Ill update in the next day or two with actual size...if im in the mood maybe even pics heh.

I like the flat diapers. They wash and dry much better (drying is less than have the previous time) than the thick nighttime ones I used to wear. The added advantage is that I can add as many layers as I want for the thickness I need.

CDL

Once you have found the cloth diaper of your choice try using a folded microfiber towel inside as a soaker.

Nice and soft next to the skin and good extra absorbancy too.

I currently wear either Abena extra plus diapers or the Drylife 24/7 diapers and I will probably continue to wear them to work. However I really want to get back into wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants. I enjoy the added bulk from the thick cloth diaper and that it can be more obvious to passersby that yes indeed I am wearing a diaper. Kinda fun in my book anyway. I have a friend about an hour away from me that is willing to sew them up for me. Can't wait.

Just starting to sew my own, any insight as to good materials would be welcome (such as zorb) particularly those you can obtain at joanns or walmart.

thanks

SSheep,

Cloth diapers are one of my favorite subjects! It's about the material composition, the weave and the number of layers. A very common and traditional product for the material is cotton. The three traditional weaves are gauze, birdseye and flannel. Changing the weave changes the performance and different products used in modern cloth diapers makes this quite complex. For example, one new product is Zorb. Another popular product is hemp and terry weaves are becoming as popular in the US as they have been in the UK for the past several decades.

If you really are going to try cloth, you will need something to hold them on you. Traditionally pins are used. You can find these at Joann's or Hancock fabric stores as well as online sources. You could probably also use a Snappi size 2 if that appeals to you. For a lot more money, you try pocket or AIO diapers. These snap on or secure with velcro.

Finally, baby pants are necessary unless you find an AIO or pocket diaper that doesn't wick around the leg holes (good luck!). I like the enclosed elastics from B4NS, but don't want any moisture outside of my diaper.

It sounds like you are a ways off from giving it a try and just doing a little research. There are plenty of sites for those who want to sew diapers for their children as well as sites for the material and supplies they need. Have fun and please share anything particularly interesting you find.

Regards,

Honu