LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Cloth Diaper?

Ok so I'm ready to try cloth diapers again-- the last time I did I had such a hard time with the pins I ended up with bloody fingers. What is the best place to buy from, abuniverse? Are the pull on or all in one just as effective as the pun on?

To answer the last question first. I do not see how. AIO's are the descendant of Salk Pro-Pant. The problem with these is this. with separate panties and diaper, each is held in place by its own waistband so that if the diaper sags a bit, it does not take the panties with it. Also the panty, if properly made for diapers, is full-cut and will allow for some diaper sag since the full cut and wide crotch will still enclose the diaper while the panty remains in place and the panty can accommodate 2 or eve 3 diapers. I suspect that most pull-on diapers are made to be as unobtrusive as possible

As to putting them on. the pin is the best method since it allows to custom fit the diaper, There are other methods, there are diapers with snaps and some with velcro but you are kind of stuck with how they fit. There is also the "snappy" but the comments here tend to be uneven. Learning to use diaper pins takes practice and when I was little, that was a girl thing. We had practiced on dolls long before the issue came up in real life and even a 10 year old could be trusted tochange her sister's diapers. However, I still occasionally stick myself. One aspect of pin diapering is that you can double-or triple diaper more easily than with other methods of attachment.

As for diapers, the only commercially available diaper that I found to be up to it were the old Edley Enterprises flannel diapers. The were thick "prefolds" Neither the Baby Heaven nore J.K. dipaers were thick enough to last more than 6 hours before needing a change. Also, it is not a good ideas to wear a diaper until it is sopping wet.

Beyond that, I am not a fan of the "prefold", having more material between the legs, it tales longer fo the wet to be taken away from that area. and since there are fewer layers of material along the sides, those areas hold less. it is better to have 3 or 4 layers of material over the entire extent of the dipaer than a "4x6"; 4 along the sides and 6 in the center. Rubber panties have also added a new and better way of spreading the wet. If the center of the diaper is relatvely thin, the wet goes through and is stopped by the waterproof material, It then moves along the OUTSIDE of the diaper, away from the body and body heat evaporates wetness that is closer to it than the coolre outside of the diaper so that the outside wets more readily than the inside. Over time the diaper gets wet evenly from the outsie in.. I have noticed that the outside of my diapers are pretty wet while the inside, the part that touches my body, is fairly dry.

I use the 9 layer diaper from Tri-County diapers with Gary pastic pants. I always use a one Snappi fastener to replace the diaper pins and the combo of all three make a perfect diaper set for me. I can go from 6 to 12 hours between changes my adding cloth baby daipers as inserts depending on how long I will need before I can change. I would love to use rubber pants but I have not yet found a brand I like and can afford.

Guest dragonmaster4066

i use cloth diapers from adultclothdiaper.com they have many styles to choose from. i get the birdseye prefolds night weight. they also sell plastic pants there to. i like the leakmaster delux. they do have pull on type diapers also. everything i have bought from there is a good quality product. plus shipping is not to bad and the order ships fairly fast. never had any problems with the site what so ever and i have been dealing with them for years.

I am a fan of cloth pull ups. Comco sells them in three different weights, the lightest is undetectable under clothing and the heavy weight is bulky enough to give you the true diapered feeling. Just be sure to order several sizes smaller (they are sold by waist size in 2" increments) or they sag mightily. If I have lots of time or just a short time I will add protex cloth pullups for that wet allover feeling or by themselves for fast cleanup. Another plus for comco is they sell sampler packs which include one of each weight. Comco's pricing is reasonable and quality is good.

As a side note, I sometimes add a cloth doubler after the diaper is soaked to increase time between changes and it also gives me that warm feeling of the first wetting without having to change.

I like the gauze flat (4-layer) diapers from adultclothdiaper.com. I buy them in the 44"x44" squares. They are very soft, and since they are flat, I can layer and fold them as needed. I wear 3 at a time. The first layer I lay out flat, the second folded lengthwise in 3rds and center on the first layer. The final layer folded lengthwise in 4ths and centered on the middle layer. I fold the outsides over and have a diaper that is about 12" wide. The back end is fanned out for pinning and then I fold down the front to the length I need (for me about 8").

What I like about this is that it is plenty wide for pinning, I have A LOT of layers for absorbancy, and because the individual diapers are only 4 layers, washing and drying is much easier.

I have never leaked and can wear these all night and then some.....

Good luck on your search.

CDL