LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urolume Stent

Does anyone where actually have a UroLume stent? And if so, what condition is it for?

I'm considering getting it for DESD but it is a permanant procedure. (They say it can be removed, but they also say it can't be removed without damage once the tissue grows into it. It will make me 100% incontinent for the rest of my life and there may be sexual issues as well.

Thanks.

I'd have to pass on that monster, after doing a search on it, it seems to cause more headaches and problems than it solves.especially if they have to use a laser to cut it out of you.

I know there may be issues. That is why I'm asking if anyone has one. The alternative may be a sphincterotomy to treat BSD/DESD. This isn't an attempt at an AB/DL joyride.

IF and only if, I absolutely have to have something done, I'm leaning towards the stent(s) instead of the surgery. I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience in this area.

After working with new urologists, I'm now able to self cath and it is a lot better than before but my bladder does not completely empty and when the sphincter is tight enough, cathing is sometimes painful.

I am coming to realize that this condition is permanent and will get progressively worse. I need to look ahead to minimize any risk of injury to my kidneys.

I don’t like the idea of being 100% urinary incontinent but I’ve lived that way for a while and it is better than an infection or kidney failure.

The season they brought the stent is because of retention and placing in the area of the sphincter would stop him from retaining urine which has more serious side effects than the OP being incon the rest of his life. If you have never been cathed before its not fun at all.

It shouldn't make you incontinent for the rest of your life. It says very clearly that it should never be placed near the external sphincter for this specific reason.

To treat BSD/DESD, the stent, or stents, are placed at the external sphincter. This is to prevent the sphincter from clamping shut or just not relaxing when needed. My sphincter not only doesn't get the proper nerve signals to open when the bladder need it to, it will also clamp shut similar to a "charley horse" or other muscle cramp. It is hoped that a stent will cause the sphincter to stay open and reduce any clamping over time.

I'm lucky that it doesn't happen often. If my condition doesn't worsen, I won't need the stent.

The main reason I'm hesitant to get the stent is sexual. My wife really want to have kids - the old fashioned way. A stent may make it impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unsure, but I leak pee during sex, and after alot of attempts and lots of fails, I was able to get my wife pregnant, yes pee weakens the sperm cells. I found that if I cath, before sex, I didn't leak as much. Just that hard to get on the mood with a rubber hose going up inside of you, and after removing it, still having that feeling it's inside was hard to make sex enjoying. Talk to your doc, and find other ways.

You should ask the same question on some of the other incontinence forums. I recall hearing several people who have had sphicterotomies say that the surgery ended the pain and discomfort that had bothered them for years. However, I also recall hearing about problems with stents.

The main reason I'm hesitant to get the stent is sexual. My wife really want to have kids - the old fashioned way. A stent may make it impossible.

At your age, bro, I would be inclined to chalk kids up to "not in the cards". You really don't want to be in your 60's when your oldest graduates from high school, especially with as many issues as you're having right now.

At your age, bro, I would be inclined to chalk kids up to "not in the cards". You really don't want to be in your 60's when your oldest graduates from high school, especially with as many issues as you're having right now.

My wife is a lot younger than I am. I understand the age issue and I know what it means. But I too would like to have a son or daughter. It is a shame that I'll never be a grandfather. I'd like my wife to be able to be one. It would also make her so very happy to be a mother.

She puts up with a lot being married to me without complaining so I'll make every effort I can for her.

Unless it is your only option i would stay away. the side effects are a nasty and extraction seems frightful. Also these need to be monitored for years after insertion. Even 3 years later well after your body has grown around it they can migrate. The main reason i would stay away is for where they need to put it they need to use a long one i believe 3 or 5 mm. And pass your sphincter by at least .5mm each side. Both types have been known to unravel and this can cause bleeding and other very unpleasant things. Honestly if i were to the point that a doctor was considering this for long term (5+ years) i would just go with the sphincteroectomy. At least then once healed you dont need by annual checkups and the risk of bleeding and migration. Also as a side note if your thinking kids later might want to put a couple ice cubes in the fridge so to speak less you regret it later.