LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abs On The National Geographic Channel

I won't be able to record the show. Is there any other way to watch the episode later?

The Natl Geo website doesn't look like it has old episodes available; just previews of upcoming shows.

CROSS POST FROM National Geographic'S Episode Of "Taboo - Fantasy Lives" Covers Ab'S

I'm not saying this to insult the people in the video, but I found I couldn't focus on the content much and was constantly distracted by one thought: "My god, they're so incredibly fat.". Honestly, I am amazed at how human bodies that size can function; it's actually impressive to see how much abuse we can take and still survive the experience. Even more amazing is that they could get diapers to fit! I'm stunned.

It's really a shame in how that one point totally took away my focus from the rest. When I replayed the video and minimised the window (i.e. listened to the audio only), what was being said seemed actually by pretty reasonable. The problem I fear is that people will not take the message seriously (i.e. its simply a fantasy taken further than most people would) or conclude the ABDL thing is just another form of mental illness or self-abuse in the way being unable to control your diet is.

Was it just me who found this was an issue?

• Like 3

I'm not saying this to insult the people in the video, but I found I couldn't focus on the content much and was constantly distracted by one thought: "My god, they're so incredibly fat.". Honestly, I am amazed at how human bodies that size can function; it's actually impressive to see how much abuse we can take and still survive the experience. Even more amazing is that they could get diapers to fit! I'm stunned.

Was it just me who found this was an issue?

I'm with you. Taking your eyes of their enormousness is impossible. Not the best spokespeople for AB/DL, but you have to give them credit for not being filmed in shadows. Overall, I give them a lot of credit.

• Like 1

Not to bust anyones chops, but this is essentially judging a book by it's cover. Stanley is a friend of mine and we have met several times over the years and when ever I am in the area, I stop by and we hang out together. I take him out for lunch or what not, buy some groceries to help out etc. Yes, he is a larger person, but something you don't know is that he is also one of the nicest, kind and generous people you will meet, so the comment that he might not be the 'best spokesperson for the AB/DL community' is kind of childish....sorry, but it is.

We all know that people come in all shapes and sizes and colors. Here, on the boards and in chat, you only get to "see" someone in the form of 2 dimensional words and messages, so you only get to know the things that people (like me right now) type to communicate a thought. Few people know what I really "LOOK" like, not that it really matters. I have had messages from people who would love to meet me in real life, "repaid1" being one of them, and I consider that a sort of honor. What will happen if and when we ever do meet up in real life?? Will he be dismayed or surprised at the fact that I am 6 foot and 210 pounds?? (I know, thats a lot of Duck) I doubt it, not that it really matters.

Stanley is a decent person, as I said, and 'judging him' by his appearance, and worrying of he is an 'adaquate'

Spoksperson or representative of our community in general really accomplishes nothing. The program was about the AB/DL world from the fetish angle and Stanley Just happened to be approached by National Geographic for the project. I emailed him recently about the upcoming episode and to congratulate him on it's airing and he mailed me back, and I think that replay is a good indicator of the type of person he is....inside.

" Hey Ducky,

Yea, I wanted to get the Nat Geo Taboo episode posted on daily diapers for anyone who wanted to catch it. When I was approached to do it, I never went at it looking for props. My main goal for doing it was to explain to the general public, who have so many myths flying around about it, what being a AB/DL is all about. And also for those who are into it to know that they are not weird, crazy or perverted for doing it. And of course to have something to show their parents, family or friends who they wish to tell they are AB/DL's. I knew I was in a special situation to be able to do it as most AB/DL's family and friends don't know about it. And I don't have a boss or co-workers that would otherwise cause problems with if they saw the show. Overall I hope that the AB/DL community was happy with my example of how a AB/DL really is and that finally some of those myths about AB/DL's finally are put to rest. It will be nice to see how all the parts they shot

came together. About a week till it airs now. Thanks for letting me know about the mention on fetlife. I wasn't aware of that one. Have to check it out. Take care ducky. :)

-Stanley

That pretty much sums things up. He didn't do it for fame or glory or "props' but just to do it and get a message out that we are out here and it's OK.....and to help anyone else who might be struggling with something like this. Thats pretty much the way he is...he just wants to help. He is a bedwetter himself, possibly due to a lot of the trauma he has had to go through from his family, he also runs a website for bedwetters "bedwettingabdl.com" to reach out as a support for people who are afflicted with this condition.

All he wants to do, like a lot of us, is try and do something to make the world a better place, and help.

Theres nothing wrong with being a decent human being, and it seems that they are few and far between these days.

Anyways, Stanley is who and what he is, he offers no apologies for that, and you take him as such. he really has nothing to loose, nor really much to gain by doing this, other than possibly the internal knowledge that somewhere, somehow, he made a difference in someones life....may be.

"So as the saying goes, Judge not least ye be Judged"

I'll get off my soap box now :blush:

OH! I also emailed him about a couple of things, one being the address of the producers of the episode at National Geographic, so that anyone who wants to can send in comments about the episode can say at least "THANK YOU"

From what Stanley told me, the crew doing the shoot was very open and nice and they had a lot of fun together with the project. It took a couple of days to shoot everything, and everyone got along very well, and the crew is to be commended for their professionalism, and just being good people, given the subject matter.

Also, I asked if the episode goes over well, if ....maybe, National Geographic might be interested in doing a follow up down the road....He hasn't replied yet, but when he does I'll pass along the necessary info, for the email address at least, so the producers and crew can get some feedback from those of us in the community. I strongly recommend to send in comments, because this is "YOUR" community and .."interest/fetish/hobby//(insert description here) so if you feel the episode covered what you feel was important and was done so fairly and was balanced etc......please let them know!!! That is the only way programming like this can continue. If they don't get feedback, or even a thank you.....it sort of just becomes "dust in the wind"

You never know what a positive (or negative) letter or email will generate.

If Stanley sends me the contact info, I'll post it so feed back can be sent to the proper places.

Something like this doesn't happen everyday, and regardless if you like the "messenger' or not, we have an opportunity to make a difference, and be heard...and be available to help others, and possibly change some negative rep we have been having.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents again.....as usual :P

• Like 6

yes because of course all abdl's are either 5'5" 100 lbs long brown hair blue eye gorgeous women or 6' 200lbs or pure muscle beautifully tanned gorgeous men.......

silly nat geo... how could the not have any of the 1000's of 'perfect' looking ab's on the show... because they were are just lining up to be on it!!!

• Like 5

Ok zander and toddler....I'm going to cut you some slack here. I cannot believe that you would come into this thread about a guy who was willing to put it all on the line and broach a subject that many people out in the world would consider freakish and make snide comments about his weight.

Really? Not a good spokesperson for ab/dl's? Really? Because he is OVERWEIGHT????

My God...do you HONESTLY think his opinion on the subject is less valid because he has a weight problem?

I'll likely get negged all to hell for this but people...come on. Just because someone is struggling with weight issues doesn't mean his or her life is worth less because of it. We have jobs...we pay taxes...and yes...we even have friends who are skinny!!! People (unlike yourselves) that can look past the weight and see the true individual underneath.

And finally.....if you all (and I am generalizing here) think it is so easy to lose weight and keep it off.....don'tcha think we'd all be doing it?

• Like 3

Not to bust anyones chops, but this is essentially judging a book by it's cover. Stanley is a friend of mine and we have met several times over the years and when ever I am in the area, I stop by and we hang out together. I take him out for lunch or what not, buy some groceries to help out etc. Yes, he is a larger person, but something you don't know is that he is also one of the nicest, kind and generous people you will meet, so the comment that he might not be the 'best spokesperson for the AB/DL community' is kind of childish....sorry, but it is.

We all know that people come in all shapes and sizes and colors. Here, on the boards and in chat, you only get to "see" someone in the form if 2 dimensional words and messages, so you only get to know the things that people (like me right now) type to communicate a thought. Few people know what I really "LOOK" like, not that it really matters. I have had messages from people who would love to meet me in real life, "repaid1" being one of them, and I consider%

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF MY POST????? :crybaby: ...now it doesn't make any sense :(

Damn damn damn

wait ducky... your posts make sense???? since when?? :P

isn't it weird when like half your post disappears??? freaks me out!!!!!

Yeah, I've never had that happen before :huh: it's really odd, because when I went in to edit it and make a couple of corrections, it went back OK, and now 1/2 of it is missing....like someone 'higher up" saying "OK, you have said enough and it's time toi SHUT UP" :blush:

and...ummm...well...I DO try to make posts that make sense and have a point :blush: but I also tend to ramble, since I generally write in "stream of consciousness" and don't edit much except for spelling and some structure..

But maybe the "higher up" is correct and I really just need to "shaddup" and keep my bill closed.

"Its is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

hahahah in regards to making sense... most of my posts don't..... i usually just at a lot of dot dot dot (like ...... that) instead of real grammar.... and don't fix many typos at all...... i was just kidding about hte making sense thing...

but the disappearing post thing is kinda creepy..... big brother and all

Yeah, I've never had that happen before :huh: it's really odd, because when I went in to edit it and make a couple of corrections, it went back OK, and now 1/2 of it is missing....like someone 'higher up" saying "OK, you have said enough and it's time toi SHUT UP" :blush:

and...ummm...well...I DO try to make posts that make sense and have a point :blush: but I also tend to ramble, since I generally write in "stream of consciousness" and don't edit much except for spelling and some structure..

But maybe the "higher up" is correct and I really just need to "shaddup" and keep my bill closed.

"Its is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Wasn't me, I just got to my name and then was like WTF? is he saying? Thought it just kinda dropped off too. :whistling:

Wasn't me, I just got to my name and then was like WTF? is he saying? Thought it just kinda dropped off too. :whistling:

Yeah....well, it's about 1/3 of what I originally posted :badmood: Maybe I'll see if I can reconstruct it, if i remember what i put...

Grrrrrr

EDIT:

I fixed it....more or less :glare:

Sarah_ab and drynot... I urge you to re-read my post and think about it again :) Your replies seem to demonstrate how you've both completely missed the point of what I was saying. That said, I did kind of expect a few emotionally charged replies ;)

square_duck on the other hand seems to get my point:

Not to bust anyones chops, but this is essentially judging a book by it's cover.

Absolutely! This is what I, and I suspect the majority of people who will see that show will be doing. They'll be looking at him, making assumptions and forming prejudices. This is not to say anything of his character, the value of what he was saying or how it reflects on the community as a whole - I was simply pointing out I how I found his weight to be a distraction from the messages he was giving*. It was such a factor that it somewhat tainted my reaction before he even talked about anything substantive. I expect the same will be true of many people and that I'm not statistically insignificant in this regard.

I certainly admire his courage and attempt to articulate what his (and others) ADBL lifestyle entails and means to them, but that is somewhat unrelated to the point I was making.

*: Let me try an analogy: Imagine for a moment you've moved to a new town and are attending your new local church for the first time. The pastor takes his place to begin his sermon, he's wearing lime-green face paint and an "I love Hooters" hoody. The hoody and face-paint may have nothing at all to do with the messages the pastor is trying to impart, but they are a damn distraction which are potentially going to leave you thinking "who is this freak?!" and take your focus away from what might be the best sermon you may ever have heard ... had you been able to focus on it.

Sarah_ab and drynot... I urge you to re-read my post and think about it again :) Your replies seem to demonstrate how you've both completely missed the point of what I was saying. That said, I did kind of expect a few emotionally charged replies ;)

square_duck on the other hand seems to get my point:

Absolutely! This is what I, and I suspect the majority of people who will see that show will be doing. They'll be looking at him, making assumptions and forming prejudices. This is not to say anything of his character, the value of what he was saying or how it reflects on the community as a whole - I was simply pointing out I how I found his weight to be a distraction from the messages he was giving*. It was such a factor that it somewhat tainted my reaction before he even talked about anything substantive. I expect the same will be true of many people and that I'm not statistically insignificant in this regard.

I certainly admire his courage and attempt to articulate what his (and others) ADBL lifestyle entails and means to them, but that is somewhat unrelated to the point I was making.

*: Let me try an analogy: Imagine for a moment you've moved to a new town and are attending your new local church for the first time. The pastor takes his place to begin his sermon, he's wearing lime-green face paint and an "I love Hooters" hoody. The hoody and face-paint may have nothing at all to do with the messages the pastor is trying to impart, but they are a damn distraction which are potentially going to leave you thinking "who is this freak?!" and take your focus away from what might be the best sermon you may ever have heard ... had you been able to focus on it.

Ok....first off you are watching a program called 'Taboo' so you're expectations are going to be a little different to begin with. People want to see these programs to explore the different side of things....My point is that THEY (being the masses) don't know what to expect from the show. Your Pastor analogy is off because if you are attending church, you ALREADY have a pre-conceived opinion on what should happen there.

Dude #1: "Gee, I just watched a show called Taboo and there was all sorts of wierd stuff going on in it....."

Dude #2: "What the heck did you expect? Glee?"

You're stating that the message was missed because of the fact that the messenger was over-weight. I think that people who would choose to tune into a program like that one might just have an open mind about things and it isn't as distracting as you might think.....

Guest Amphetamenace

Stanley is a sweetheart. He is a moral model for adult babies.

My bf sat with me and watched and now he understands much better than he did before. I hope that Stanley's decision to represent us allowed for many couples to sit infront of the TV set and be enlighted. I'm sure many shocked husbands/wives, boyfriends/girlfriends fiances, whatever, walked away from the living room with a new found respect for their "baby" partner.

I'm hoping that the general public will be more accepting towards adult babies, as well. If a pacifier plops out of my pocket or if someone is caught with their diaper showing, I wish people wouldn't stare, draw attention, spread rumors, or even, try to get someone fired from their job. That's all I ask. I also wish that people could see how enjoyable it is and maybe approach it with a more open mind. When you tell someone, it shouldn't be "You're a WHAT?! That's disgusting!" It should be "Thank you for trusting me, I understand, and I don't see you any differently."

Its very difficult for me to sort through someone's character to see if they're willing to assume an open mind. It takes years, at the least, months. At first I left hints with Kyle, then he would pry. "Oooh, what's that mean?!" "Are you hiding something from me?" When I told him I had a secret, he said "You're gonna tell me. You're gonna tell me or else I'll be sad." For weeks I battled with it, and he would tell me "I'm not going to bed until I know your secret ;) ", as I have told him everything else, and he's told me everything, and was a very respectful, understanding person. I told him I was an AB/DL, and he was kind at first, but later on down the road told me, "I researched it and it looks disgusting. I'm sorry but you can keep that to yourself, hahaha."

Through months of answering questions, telling stories, and showing videos, Kyle now understands and apologizes for being rude. He also will treat me like I'm little from time to time. He'll never baby me, but he'll hold me, tuck me in, sing to me, play with my hair, etc. I made the right choice with coming out to Kyle, other people, might not be so lucky. It sucks to see families fight or relationships torn apart over a misunderstanding (mostly pedophelia assumptions).

yes because of course all abdl's are either 5'5" 100 lbs long brown hair blue eye gorgeous women or 6' 200lbs or pure muscle beautifully tanned gorgeous men.......

silly nat geo... how could the not have any of the 1000's of 'perfect' looking ab's on the show... because they were are just lining up to be on it!!!

However if they would have had those types portrayed, it probably would have interested and turned on a number of extra people watching it. Unfortunately, most of us are built to like the thin hot girls or the tanned muscle men. Just the way it is. It is too bad they did wind up portraying us with a couple of rather large individuals. Now when people think about it, they'll think of those two and may be subconsciously turned off to it because of their size. Yeah, it's unfortunate but like you said, not a bunch of super models lined up to do it either. Just wish when we're being "represented" that it's in the best and most bestest way possible so we can get people more on our side. :) (know what I mean?) If two playboy bunnies were in the place of the two on the show, just imagine the difference it'd have made in people's minds probably!!

• Like 1

drynot, I don't know if its possible to say this in a tactful way - so I apologise in advance if it comes off rather, err, coarsely. The simple fact is that so far you appear to have been incapable of making the mental leap required to understand what we are talking about - please read my post, and the subsequent replies and *THINK*.

This is amazing....there are people here who want to be accepted by the general public....but can't even accept one of their own.....

Stop trying to twist the issue into something it isn't. This is not what we are talking about: this is not about acceptance, tolerance or being supportive of others. This is about interpretation, assumption and peoples response to the message given how it was delivered.

My analogy was fine for precisely the reason you gave: people will already be bringing their baggage in terms of prejudices and assumptions about very obese people, and those prejudices and assumptions - for myself and others - had more of an impact on our response than what he was actually saying. That may not be a good thing and I don't claim that it is. I'm simply pointing out that this issue is involved and given the responses we've seen from others replying here a somewhat significant one.

• Like 1

Zander...I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. My point is that how the message was delivered was perfectly acceptable given the context of the show. You need to THINK about how you are presenting your argument and then go from there.

Your argument...."Gee its too bad that people can't get past the fact that this guy who is overweight is delivering a great message about the ab/dl lifestyle. He is too fat so people won't take him seriously and he portrays a poor image of the rest of the ab/dl community because of his weight."

I agree. People will likely tune him out and marginalize him because of his weight. Happens to me and millions of other overweight people all over the world everyday. However, you chose to come in here to the one place where he should feel accepted for who he is and slam him.

How about we offer up some props and see this situation for what it really was....a guy chose to put himself on display to the world and tried to take a subject that many people out there would find perverted and disgusting and make it somewhat understandable. No one else would but he did and that is commendable....

And...for the record....if I showed up at church and the pastor was wearing green facepaint and a 'Hooters' t-shirt....well I'd stick around because that was a sermon I'd definetly want to hear :thumbsup:

I'm sorry. I realize it was trying to be a relatively neutral portrayal. But most of us are not lifestyle babies. Most of us do not have at-home nurseries or a "mommy" to care for us. Most of us are just "normal" everyday folks who get up and go to work in the morning like everyone else.

OK, I haven't seen either the show or clip, but as I said Stanley is a friend of mine and I have personally visited him on several occasions when I'm in the area. I have the advantage of knowing him in 3D and personally and I can say this, he IS N*O*T a "lifestyle' or 24/7 AB! actually, the several times i have visited, I don't remember seeing either him or Sandra (his roommate) participate in any AB kind of activities. He is kind of a night owl, and sleeps during the day and is up all night, usually gaming (W.O.W), but that was back when DJ was still living with them (he passed away a couple of years ago from CF) and trying to sleep when they are gaming made things a bit....."different"

he is actually as much of a 'normal' person as can be expected from most anyone, this is just a 'slice' of something he does now and then. Even in his other post which gives some back ground on both him and Sandra, he mentions that he couldn't go 24/7 as an AB, he would just get bored. HE has a 'real life' as much as he can with in the boundaries of his life.

I think the only exception is he sleeps in a crib that he made himself. The other 'props' like the high chair, he used only once, and that was for the video shoot.

Sandra is his roommate, not his mommy, but she play along on occasion. It's not like he gets home from where ever and shes there with a bottle ready to feed him etc. he cooks his own meals, as does she and they do their own things. The AB thing is just an occasional activity for stress relief (I guess).

Stanley did this, because as he said, he doesn't have a job or family to worry about, so he really doesn't have anything to loose. his intentions were honorable, to bring some light to the AB/DL community, and help others out there who might be in the closet, and or beating themselves up because of this 'desire' (as many of us older people dd before the internet etc) and try to help.

You can pick on him if you want, thats your choice. if it gives you satisfaction, go to you tube and read the comments people have left, it's actually quite funny! There are the occasional supportive ones, but theres a lot of 'shock and awe" kind of comments, all of which Stanley was expecting.

Anyways, as I mentioned in the 'other' thread, it would be nice to send comments to National Geographic and say 'thank you' for them doing this, and for how it is presented. I can tell from comments posted here that many feel it was fair and balanced.

As I said, I haven't watched it, since we don't have cable or get the national geographic channel, but I'll check youtube and see if it's posted somewhere on-line. But then again, I don't really 'need' to see it because I've been to his place and stayed with him while visiting. :P he knows I'm a D/L, so it's very relaxed and easy to be around both of them. Neither of us wander around in a diaper, but you know it's there...and ..NO! I don't ask Sandra to change me either :P

Anyways, thats just my input, as someone else who has first hand knowledge of the people involved. I might be headed up there in August, I'm not sure. But I always let Stanley know ahead of time and he always threatens to let me sleep in his 'crib' OY! and I know I'm welcome.

Like others, hes just an average guy who likes to play now and then, to break up the monotony of life and add a 'spin' and like everything else, if he did this 24/7, it would just get old and boring. I don't wear 24/7 for the same reasons....it would get old and the 'specialness' would be lost ......for a while.

he didn't do this for attention or 'props' or glory, he did it for the community. To add something positive and try to clear the air of many misconceptions. Arguing about the 'image' or his size really accomplishes nothing.