LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Things In Tv / Films / Anime / Books / Video Games That Made You Cry

I daresay we all cried at least once to a kid's film, mine was Jack frost :crybaby:

There's been a few moments in video games that made me cry, most prominent being:

- Metal Gear Solid 3 ending (manly tears)

- Final Fantasy X ending (sorrowful tears)

- Killing the first collossus in Shadow of the Collossus (oh-god-what-have-I-done tears)

- Final Fantasy VII (end of disc 1, I think you can guess from that)

But the most recent and absolute best one was this right here:

It's from a game called Lost Odyssey, and at certain points in the game you unlock 'dreams', little sequences unrelated to the main story telling events from Kain's 1,000-year-long life (he's immortal). This is the first dream and at first I was cynical ("wait, what? It's just text? Here comes typical JRPG melodrama), but I gradually teared up over the course of it, trying not to cry.

At the 7 minute mark it was just too much. I shed a tear when I blinked, and I just let go from there.

If you don't cry by then, I'm pretty sure you have no soul :P

I've since seen 2 other dream sequences, one was a bit dull, but one of them was pretty upsetting. Kaim is talking to someone in a bar, and the town is having a festival which celebrates the town surviving an earthquake 200 years prior - then it goes into a flashback...Kaim was there for that earthquake, and watched both his favourite wife and favourite child die in it. I hope I find another one as powerful as that first one though.

I'll try and write out the text here this afternoon, so if you can't watch the video, sorry, but sit tight and I'll nab the text.

So, anyone else have the occasional bawwww to media?

I have to agree on FF7, that one was a bit of a tear jerker, but what do expect from the greatest game ever made? I have stopped playing RPG games altogether because I can't find one as good as FF7.

I have to agree on FF7, that one was a bit of a tear jerker, but what do expect from the greatest game ever made? I have stopped playing RPG games altogether because I can't find one as good as FF7.

Thing is, I knew it was coming (I only played it within the last year), but it still got a response out of me, partially from the music that played with the next Jenova battle.

Oh, and just my opinion but I enjoyed FF6 and 10 a bit more than 7. Still one of the series' high points, mind.

Hmm. I remember tearing up when Hedwig died in HP7. But the last time I actually cried from anything was when I read one of the New Jedi Order series where Chewbacca died. :crybaby:

I actually think I was closer to tears when Vivi met the black mage clones in FFIX. What can I say, little existential mages get me right in the heart... :crybaby:

Books:

I cried during and at the end of The Green Mile. I also cried during the movie version too. The type of tears were "It's just not FAIR!"

Movies:

I've cried during a lot of movies, but I remember crying the first time I watched Finding Nemo...I was so happy at the end. I've also cried sad tears during 101 Dalmatians (Cruella is just downright evil), The Lion King (Mufasa's death, what else?), and probably plenty of others that I can't remember offhand.

As far as video games, my most prominent bits are from Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2:

Final Fantasy X - Lake Macalania Scene between Tidus and Yuna, full

Type: Happy and sorrowful at the same time

Final Fantasy X - Braska's Final Aeon (scenes before and after the battle)

Type: Angry, anxious, sorrowful

Final Fantasy X - Yu Yevon Battle

Type: Anxious, sorrowful

Final Fantasy X - Ending

Type: Downright OMG NOOOOOOOOO type bawling

Final Fantasy X-2 - 1000 Words (scene and song)

Type: Empathetic and really sad, and also hopeful too

Final Fantasy X-2 - The encounter with Shuyin and Yuna (and reunion of Shuyin and Lenne)

Type: Sad and happy at the same time, hopeful for Yuna

Final Fantasy X-2 - Ending + Special "Good" Percentage Ending + Special "Perfect" Percentage Ending

Type: Bawling in happiness and excitement...THE reason I recommend FFX-2 when other people say it sucks so badly.

What can I say...I get "sucked into" video games/books/movies quite easily...and FFX and FFX-2 sucked me in like no other game, book, or movie has before.

~ moogle

Movies: The final scene from Return of the King when Samwise goes home. You really knew the movies were done there, and that series was a huge part of my life at the time.

The ending of The King's Speech, where George the Sixth gets on the radio after war is declared. Between Beethoven's VII symphony and watching it on a plane ride back from England, I was almost bawling my eyes out!

Two Scenes from Crash where (Spoilers) the little girl gets shot on accident but you see it's only blank bullets, and when Graham's brother is killed by the policeman who was the film's good guy all along.

Video Games

Xenosaga II- When you killed Albedo. The guy was f****d up in the head... which made him one of my favorite villains. Especially when you understand why he went crazy in the first place.

Xenosaga III- before, during and after the final boss fight. The entire sequence just left me thinking "The Universe ended with a bang and a whimper. What happens now?"

Anime- the final Episode of Haibane Renmei. Trippy weird show when it starts out, but the ending is sweet and endearing.

Cowboy Bebop- when everyone's favorite Space Cowboy dies.

I daresay we all cried at least once to a kid's film, mine was Jack frost :crybaby:

I love Jack Frost and have it on dvd to watch whenever I want :)

City of Angels makes me tear up and What Dreams May Come is one I watch when there's no one around as the tissues are always needed for that one!

THE reason I recommend FFX-2 when other people say it sucks so badly.

I wanted to like X-2, I really did, and though I did enjoy it in places it just didn't overall feel 'complete'. It was a brilliant game that I just couldn't love because of the overly cheesy 'girl power' theme running through it.

Oh, and they ruined Blitzball. :badmood:

• 3 weeks later...