LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gary Pink Stars Plastic Pants

Much to my dismay, I found out Gary quit manufacturing the Pink Stars plastic pants. They are much more durable than their regular line. Now I need to find new pants :(

I've tried the Comco, but they are a bit too "industrial" for me. I like the Kins heavy duty, the plastic is nice, but has an interesting feel to it. The standard Gary pants rip in the legs very quickly...

Suggestions ??

Thanks,

CDL

The only thing I can think of is start trying different brands, but just buy one of each until you get the ones you like.

It's sorta like me buying sleepers, I kept buying one at a time until I found the ones I wear now.

Now I do have extras stowed away for when that company stops selling them.

You could check out t he baby_pants site, they carry a lot of different plastic pants.

http://baby-pants.com/plastic_Pants.php#p7GPc1_10

adult cloth diaper has their 'leak master' line that might work as well

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/PLASTIC-PANTS

Considering that Gary Manufacturing of San Diego pioneered the contract fabricating of vinyl garments, probably pants purchased under various names were made in the Gary factory.

There are a million reasons why Gary stopped making Pink Stars:

1. That material is not longer available. The entire PVC industry is under regulatory pressure.

2. Perhaps not enough customers were ordering products made from Pink Star that Gary could use it fast enough before it was past its "sell-buy date" PVC does not have an infinite shelf life.

Much to my dismay, I found out Gary quit manufacturing the Pink Stars plastic pants. They are much more durable than their regular line. Now I need to find new pants :(

I've tried the Comco, but they are a bit too "industrial" for me. I like the Kins heavy duty, the plastic is nice, but has an interesting feel to it. The standard Gary pants rip in the legs very quickly...

Suggestions ??

Thanks,

CDL

You could check out t he baby_pants site, they carry a lot of different plastic pants.

http://baby-pants.com/plastic_Pants.php#p7GPc1_10

adult cloth diaper has their 'leak master' line that might work as well

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/PLASTIC-PANTS

Thanks... I ordered some from Baby Pants but unfortunately they are out of Pink Stars. Both Baby-Pants and the Leakmaster are made by Gary. I really like the plastic, but don't like the way the legs rip out!

I have not tried the Lang pants that Lifestyles Emporium sells. Have you ever tried those?

CDL

Thanks... I ordered some from Baby Pants but unfortunately they are out of Pink Stars. Both Baby-Pants and the Leakmaster are made by Gary. I really like the plastic, but don't like the way the legs rip out!

I have not tried the Lang pants that Lifestyles Emporium sells. Have you ever tried those?

CDL

I like the Langs but the leg openings are a little larger in the medium size than I expected- ergo leaks are more likely :( Good quality and price, the fit may be better on you ;) Check out the Chinese "Yuyun" line on Ebay if you like thicker plastic :blush: I like these but the sizing is a tiny bit small. They seem durable enough but I haven't tried them long enough to say that with any certainty :rolleyes: The price is right :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I have had very good luck with pants made by Gary as long as they are described as "very soft" or "ultra soft". If they are listed as "soft" or "medium soft" stay away from them as they are really fairly stiff and will soon tear in the legs as described.

I tried the Lang about 25 years ago and did not like them because the material felt likd sandpaper and I have not heard that has changed

I tried the Lang about 25 years ago and did not like them because the material felt likd sandpaper and I have not heard that has changed

EL offers Langs with texture out or in- one is the "Old style" but I can't remember which is which.

Bettypooh

Actually, in terms toddlerishness. Comco is your best bet. They resemble they higihest quality Sears and Babymate from the 1970's and 80's with the exception that Babymate had air holes in the sides. The sanp on Comco very much resembles the Dorsey snap on baby panties in shape and I have the pictures of both

Also the material is sturdy, I have some that are 10 years old and the elastics are done for but the material is sitll in good condition

I'm finding this thread very helpful! I've been a fan of Gary pants for quite a while, but have run into the problem of stiffening and cracking in the crotch area. I had a pair of Euroflex pants which seemed almost indestructible and a friend recently recommended Tuffy pants which seem to be working well.

Another factor for me has been that I used to use baby oil - first at every change and then I tried using less and now have stopped entirely. I knew that everyone has said oil is one very real enemy of plastic pants and I've certainly found that to be true!

With the new Tuffy's, I've used them during the day for maybe 6-8 hrs at a stretch then rinse them immediately after taking them off - put them in just a little water and using my fingers, wipe the interior plastic in and around the crotch where any leakage might have been. When I've done that - very short period of time - I wipe off excess water from inside and outside with a bathtowel. This is for practical reasons - I then hang them behind my clothes in my closet so no one in the house can see them easily even going into my closet. The Tuffy's seem to be holding up well.

I have looked at baby_pants and may well give them a shot next time. They do seem to have many of the same options as other companies and I appreciated the post talking about one manufacturer retailing through several distributors. I had wondered about this, since there seems to be many places to get Gary pants. I also appreciated the hint about Gary pants - go for very soft or ultra soft, I think it was.

A secondary issue of me not using oil, is odor issues...maybe I'll start a thread on that - not that it hasn't been discussed a million times already, but many new people don't go back into the old threads and/or have trouble with the search feature.

edit: nah....I'm not going to start a thread on odor...I just looked back and there are a LOT of helpful posts already...I'm going to get a glass of water right now, in fact!!!

Meanwhile, let's post on!!

Thanks all for the comments. I actually lucked out and did find a couple of pair at Llmedico. I've not tried the Gary Tuffy's. Perhaps next time. I did look at the Gary Mfg website the other day and noticed that most their plastic is 4 mil thick. The pink star was 5 mil. Their catalog states "milky white" and "green apple" are both 7 mil. The plastic in Kins medium weight and Tuffy's is 6 mil. I did not see the thickness of Kins standard pants.

My goodness... am I geeking out on plastic pants??

CDL

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Langs but the leg openings are a little larger in the medium size than I expected- ergo leaks are more likely :( Good quality and price, the fit may be better on you ;) Check out the Chinese "Yuyun" line on Ebay if you like thicker plastic :blush: I like these but the sizing is a tiny bit small. They seem durable enough but I haven't tried them long enough to say that with any certainty :rolleyes: The price is right :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I like the Langs. They're one of my favorite plastic pants. They're textured; not smooth like other plastic pants so be careful if you're expecting a smooth pant. For that reason, I'm going to miss the "Star" plastic pants. They were lightly textured, very soft and gave a little. Of course, I also wore Gerber vinyl pants and they had a similar vinyl to the "star" pants. They, like the Lang's, were very much like the kinds of pants I wore as a little boy. I ordered some Lang pants recently from lifestylesemporium; well back at the end of February and I'm still waiting. They're behind in their orders so be aware that it will take a while. I like the matte (rough) side out, (smooth inside), so she has to custom make those pants. They are comfortable and fit well; very roomy for diapers. Never tried Yuyun's though.