LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The First Time You Bought Diapers

First time I bought diapers, it was fall 1976. I was 18. Walked into the local 24-hour convenience store and grabbed a pack of Pampers (back in those days it was a box). If there had been ANYBODY else in the place I would have scrapped the whole plan and bought something else, but it was about 8 at night and the place was deserted. There was an older guy behind the counter (probably my age now, ha) and I already had my cash in my hand. Mumbled something about "I'm running an errand for my neighbors" and was tremendously glad when he put them in a paper bag.

Walking home (about a quarter mile), I was TOTALLY paranoid about somebody I knew seeing me and wondering what I had in the bag. Nobody did, but I never walked so fast in my life! I was also giddy with the idea that I had a whole box of luscious sweet-smelling Pampers for my VERY OWN-- no more scarfing them in the very rare occasion I'd come across somebody with a baby. These were all mine, and I couldn't wait to get into them.

I didn't wet my diapers back then, that wouldn't start happening until many years later, so that mid-70's box of Pampers lasted me a good long time...

After that, I had a lot less embarrasment about about buying diapers; I eventually realized that cashiers don't pay any memorable attention to what you're buying, you're just another customer, they've seen everything. Still, I always check the store to be sure there's nobody I know in the place. Other than that, it's no big deal. But that first time... what a rush!

Anybody else got a story to tell? Do tell!

:beer:

wv

Would have been sometime in 1996, and I was 20, working on an internship. I was living by myself in a strange city, but I was still plenty paranoid about being seen by a co-worker. So I left work early, claiming to be sick, and went to a nearby drugstore. Parked my car close to the door and left the trunk unlocked. I had a story ready - for some reason I was *certain* the cashier was going to ask who the diapers were for, or that there would be a co-worker there, someone who was actually out sick.

My heart was going a million beats a minute the whole time.... I was SO scared, and excited. There were maybe three or four other people in the store, so I waited until I was sure there was nobody else in line, selected a pack of store-brand adult diapers, size medium, and a I *bolted* to the cash register. Much to my suprise, the cashier didn't even seem to notice what he was ringing up. I paid in cash (more paranoia) and got out the door right away.

I was pretty disappointed with that purchase... they turned out to be the sort with a soft covering that made them really quiet. I did use one, though. And about two weeks later I went back for more. I got Attends, and was very happy with them. :) That trip was a little less frentic, but still pretty thrilling.

Have to follow along the paranoia line here. Traveled across town away from where I lived to avoid people I knew, co-workers, family and so on. When I actually went in to buy them I put $40 in my shirt pocket along with a sheet of paper with a pretend list of items. Then I picked up some useless items for myself ( I think a phone cord, greeting card, and some candy) and paid with smaller bills from my wallet so it would look like I was shopping for 2 people. A bit drastic, but felt a little less nervous doing it that way.

That was back when I wasn't married so I experimented alone. It's not so bad now, but then again I buy them in a smaller size (for my wife) so it's obvious it's not for me.

I will never forget my first time, I remember it like it was yesterday . It was in the mid eightys, I went to a nearby town to a pharmacy to buy some diaper pins to use for my home made diapers . I was walking down the isle and noticed a huge pasteboard box with a hand made sign that said ADULT DIAPERS, 88 cents each, they were just stacked up, not in packages , I thought I was going to pass out, I had no clue you could buy real disposable adult diapers. I kept walking buy that box, looking, wishing, I just couldnt get the nerve to do it. I left for a while , then came back , again, I couldnt get the nerve . The third trip back to the store, maybe 20 minutes before closing, I knew then it was do or die. I got a 20 dollar bill out and ready , made a fast sweep by the box of diapers, I tried to count them out, but I was so nervous I couldnt , I just grabbed a hand full and headed to the checkout . I was so nervous, my face was beat red, I tried to mumble something to the girl at the checkout but nothing that made any sense came out . It seemed like it took days for her to bag them and take my money , but once I left the store I couldnt wait until I got home to try them on . I guess I should also say , I have been around a while, reading all the messages, but this is my first post , I just couldnt resist when I saw this topic :)

I bought my first pack of diapers before I was 16 which meant that I didn't have a driver's license at the time. Funny thing is that I don't remember being nervous about riding my bike to the store, paying, and riding home without anyone noticing. Actually, what I most remember about my first time was being furious about how small the baby diapers were. In hindsight, I realize it was extremely nieve of me to think they would fit, but at the time I had imagined they would fit like a glove.

I later discovered on accident that they made adult disposable diapers. Even then, I wasn't nervous for my first purchase. To this day, I don't get nervous about buying diapers, although I do do a quick check around the store before hand. (Ha! I said do do :P )

Now that you brought this up, my mind is taking a stroll down memory lane to those very early days of being a DL. I remember all of the baaaad modifications I did to try to get them to fit. It was all trial and error, but mostly error. I tried stapling diapers together, taping them together, taping them to underwear, making diapers out of plastic bags and even taping diapers to myself! Not to change the subject on ya, wv, but anyone else have stories of their first failed attempts?

(EDIT)

This reminds me of a quote from a very funny move called Airplane!

Airplane Passenger: Nervous?

Ted Striker: Yes

Passenger: Is this your first time?

Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times in the past

-Jess

I have been in diapers since age 6 for bed wetting so I have never had a problem buying diapers. But, I will always rememer this one time at the store I was around age 8. I needed more diapers so mom and I was at a grocery store and were down the diaper isle. Mom had just put two big bags of pampers and some baby powder in the cart. I heard this, oh hi, so I turned around and saw one of my moms friends and they started talking. She was buying diapers for her two or three year old daughter and I heard the comment I didnt know you had more than one child, refering to the diapers in the cart should be for a younger person. Mom said no its just me and Staci, Staci has accidents so she wears diapers. I could have melted I was so embarassed. Her friend looked at me with this smurk on here face, my little girl is almost out of diapers. Mom said something like well it keeps us all dry and happy so we like our diapers or something like that and they chatted for a bit longer. I could have kicked that lady.

I was 15 or so when i first bought diapers...i think i actually bought a pair of adult rubber pants.

yes, i was always very nervous, and got over that slowly...went halfway across town so i wouldn't be seen, or downtown to the pharmacy that got written up in the newspaper for having attends.

I still pay attention to who is in the store when i buy, as I don't really want to be seen by other customers i know. But the one clerk now knows me, and doesn't card me when i write a check. And i'm pretty relaxed.

Anyone else notice that single adult diapers (the depend 'underwear' line) are back on the shelves, at least here in VA, like in Wal-marts

Dill Pickle

I have always been fine when buying diapers. I would put them in the cart like they were any other type of item. I've never been nervous until last November. I worked part time at a shooting range and I have met a lot of people there. I would meet someone, beat them a few times in the gallery, and forget about them. Last November though, i met an officer that I have shot with at the end of the cashier's line. He was waiting for me to finish just to say hi. I thought nothing of the diapers at first while we chatted and then out of nowhere he asked what the diapers are for. It was such a surprise to me that I went completely blank. After a second or two, I answered "I'm watching my niece while my sister is on vacation."

After that we just talked about my imaginery niece for a couple of minutes and then I went on my way.

Other than that incident, I have worried about dropping the diapers while riding home. I ride my motorcycle everywhere when the weather is nice and the plastic bags aren't exactly opaque.

When I was very young (about 6 or so) , while staying at my grandma's house, I wet her bed the first night.

Needless to say she was upset with me! So she cleaned me up, changed the sheets, and pinned me into a cloth diaper and my little sisters plastic lined rhumba babypants :o:excl: ewwwww! I was so embarassed at first, but after she went back to bed and I was laying there in those thick diapers and the feeling of the lacy panties actually made me feel quite different, almost exited (like sexually only my first feelings of arousal).

Anyway, without going into a long story the fetish all started right there. I was hooked on diapers at a very early age :excl:

After a couple years, I no longer fit into what plastic pants and diapers were left in storage around our house , so I remember going to the ben franklin store and seeing cute plastic pants in a toddler size.

I had to buy some, so I rode my bike down to the store and remember nervously grabbing a pack of toddler babypants (and a few other inconspicous items) explained my story about buying these for my baby cousin (or something like that) and rushed out the store and quickly home to my room to try these on to see if they fit me ;)

To my suprise, they were a little tight, but I fit in them pretty good along with a small towel I makeshifted into a diaper B) ***bliss*** now this really got me exited :excl:

A few years after that , the plastic pants were simply way too small and through my teen years and most of my young adult life I always had the fetish to wear diapers and plastic pants, but did not really act on it.

Then along came the "PC" and whoa!!!!!!! I found out I wasn't the only weirdo who liked diapers :lol: !

I discovered DPF and of course , the first thing I did was made an order for like three diapers and three plastic pants IN ADULT SIZE!!!! wow mmmmm unreal!!!! (even bought the plastic lined rhumbas! lol)

OK so the package arrived (insured ) so I had to go to the post office to get it.

Got the package and I was like trembling inside of just the thought of opening this. So I drove :drive1: to a nearby park and found a private little spot to park my car and opened up the package , to find Exactly what I've only dreamed for years would actually be real. Baby pants and diapers in my size!!!!!!! ****Bliss once again***!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so exited that I actually had to try them out right there in my car! *******perfect fit OMG*****!!!!!!!

With all this exitement I immediatly had an orgasm in the diaper like It was the first time I had sex with a girl back in my teens ! ( I was about 35 or so when I got that package) .

Since that day forward I have been buying diapers (both cloth and disposables) about as often as possible.

Although I usually buy my diaper supplys online , I occasionally go to the drugstore and buy them just for the rush we all know of when buying ;) DIAPERS DIAPERS DIAPERS :ninja: HEHE

"Price check isle 4 attends briefs" !!!!

The first time I got diapers wasn't exactly what I call a thrilling experience. I had to save up my money and since I was too chicken to walk into a store and buy them, I ordered them offline using a money order since I was a minor at the time and didn't own a credit card. I just remember being so excited when they arrived that I rushed them up to my room so nobody could see the box to question me and I tried one on. Had to be the best feeling in the world!

the first time i bought diapers was when i was 14 or 15. we lived out in the country

so i had to ride my bike almost 2 miles to the closest gas station. i was so nervous,

like most of us but i asked the cashier (family friend) which diapers were bigger

because my cousin was spending the night. (really wasnt of course) she told me which

ones were right "for her" and i bought those and took all the back roads and field trails

i could think of to get home without being caught...success. i got them just in time for my

mom to find them a week later under my bed. it was too late for her to deter me from liking

them, i was hooked!

another embarassing time i was at the grocery store late at night and i wet myself while waiting

to pay for the adult diapers i had in hand! i barely spoke but managed to ask where the bathroom

was....true story

The first time i went into a store to buy diapers was very embarassing.I made sure ther was nobody that i knew in the store .I picked out a package of store brand disposibles and walked up to the register.The cashier looked at the package then up at me and said in a voice way to loud(probably my imagination), "that size is to small for you ,you'll want the extra large".Thank god nobody else was standing near enough to hear. I paid for the size i had and almost ran out of the store.This was more then 10 years ago and i've yet to go back into that store.

The first time for anything is always an exciting experience and as with many things repetition takes the thirll away, and in fact with time comes a sense of familiarity, comfort, and even style with the event. But the first time we cross a line is often an extremely memorable moment, and buying diapers is no exception.

Having the reputation I did, in school, work, and other social groups in the general vicinity and community, the concept of openly going to a store and purchasing diapers was something I wanted to do discreetly and quietly while at the same time exhibiting a sense of calmness and comfort with what I was doing in front other customers and the clerk while looking as nondescript as possible.

I walked into the local drug store which I was certain would carry adult diapers. I had seen the adult diapers section several times, as I used to nonchalantly walk through the aisle being extra conscious of how fast I was walking, how long I was looking up and down the shelves of diapers, trying to read and analyze as much as possible: men's, women's, booster pads, briefs, tapes, waist sizes, trying hard to figure out what would even work for me. I'd wonder if people noticed that I was interested, I'd turn a little red, and then often walk out of the store, half embarassed, half annoyed I didn't just buy some, it was a strange state of relief and disappointment. But this time, I was determined to do it... to buy some and go home with them and enjoy them.

Some people believe in stepping into the lake one step at a time, and letting their body adjust to the temperature so as to not receive the full shock of jumping in, while others believe in jumping in full force head first. My personality is prone to the latter, so I grabbed the little hand basket, went to the baby section, picked up baby wipes, a bottle, a pacifier, baby powder, baby food, a box of baby cookies, rash cream, and then took a deep breath and went to the adult diaper section, found the first set of Depends that would fit my waist size, and walked straight up to the check out counter.

The total distance to the checkout counter must have been less than 50ft although it was like going through a tunnel as the checkout counter and clerk got bigger and bigger with each step until I placed my basket down. The clerk was a slightly larger kid in his late teens/early twenties with short hair, glasses, and the drug store uniform. He didn't look me in the eye, instead just started unloading my basket, scanning the items and placing them into a bag. His first words were "That'll be forty two fifty". I could feel my heart thumping against my chest, my face must have been beet red and if I'd opened my mouth I'm not sure if I could have talked. He took my money handed me cash and a reciept and I placed my treasures in my backpack and started to walk out of the store. My first impulse was to take off in a full sprint, but I took one step at a time, and as the automatic doors opened, and I stepped outside I could breath again. The adrenaline was starting to subside, and I felt a great sense of relief and victory. This time: I had done it!

It is good to see that most people were nervous the first time. I can remember mine. I was 13, had just got my paper round money and wanted to buy some nappies. I went to a local convinenence store and took a quick look at what was on offer. I picked up the biggest sized nappies possible. It was a store brand and only had 10 nappie sin, so it was inconspicuous. I took it to the counter almost shaking. the lady behind the counter just said the price, I gave her the money, placed the nappies in my paper sack and left. It was a sigh of releif that I did not have to go into a story or anything. I was once caught by a school friend, I had t osay I was running a n errand for a neighbor, and he bought it.

I was very young when i first was introduced to diapers, about 5 or 6. My aunt pinned me into diapers because my cousin wet the bed, and she figured i did to so on went the cloth diapers and plastic pants. From that point on i was hooked.

At that early age it was difficult to get my hands on diapers. I manage to get them from my friends little brothers and sisters that were still in diapers.I had to steal them but that was the only way i could get my hands on them.

I remember a medical supply store that i always walked by when i was about 12 or so had adult diapers on display in the front window. I wanted them so bad and dreamed about having a pair. As i got older the diapers i obtained from my friends homes became to small so i despertly wanted some that would fit me.

The day finnally came i picked up the phone called the supply store and pretended it was my mother calling and ordered a size small adult diaper for my son lol. A couple of hours later i rode my bike up to the store and nervously told the women my mom called and ordered something here and i was there to get them. My face was beet red but i got what i was there for and rode my bike home as fast as i could.

That night i was in heaven the diapers fit perfect. Now a days we have the internet and we all can get whatever our little heart desires yippie lol.

Mt first diapers were 21 x 40 cloth diapers with Futuro incontinence pants. I bought 2 dozen , and wore 4 of them at a time for absorbancy. It was pretty embarrassing fot me, and involved going to stores in 3 different locations to get diapers, diaper pins and the incontinence pants. I was probably around 18 to 20 years old at the time.

The first time i bought adult diapers? i was very excited cause i didn't know they made diapers for adults i was @ a wal-mart. Then i got scared to purchase them at the counter cause it seemed like every cashier were my all at the time and all females. i kept walking around the store making sure nobody that i knew sees me. My heart was running fast. felt, looked like i was trying to steal something. i kept walking by the adult diapers looking at them. i could't wait to get home and put them on. What a feeling i was shacking. scared and excited inside. Then i saw my opportunity i headed for the asile where the diapers were without noticing the manager ( a women) or a wal-mart worker started following me ready to grab me in case i shoplifted. My heart was beating fast, my face was red and grab the diapers, turned around to find the women manager standing there looking at me. She frowned at me and said nothing. i nearly fainted. LOL. i walked by her with the diapers and headed for the checkout counter. The dam woman started following again all the way to the counter. There was a young girl there she smiled. i was so embarrased. we made the transaction. and she did't bag it. So i asked for a bag and i took two extra bags so i could hide them and i could tell she wanted to laugh looking at me all the way out the door, and the manager still frowing wondering with perplextion. Oh mann. i was so glad once i got home, execited. i put them on and was diapered the rest of the day home alone. It was hiding around at my moms back then. she later found my diapers and trashed them. i was at my friends house she called there and wanted me home right away. she said we need a serious talk. i knew why she called. i walked home slowing, sad, mad, embarressed, afraid, disappointed. thinking back it's all funny. Diaper are just DIAPERS. big deal it was.

I remember the first time... It was about a year ago, actually. I had stolen diapers beforehand, but never bought them.

I went into the store during the afternoon. I knew exactly where the adult diaper aisle was. I went over there, got the nerve, and grabbed the first bag I saw. I went to the check-out, nervous (but crazy excited) and purchased them. I barely had enough money, and was wondering if the cahsier would ask me anything, because that was all I was getting, she didn't. Later, I learned that they weren't very good diapers, which was in part my mistake not looking at what I grabbed.

Now I just walk in and use the self-checkout, no having to worry about being embarrassed in front of the cashier.

Hmm ..the first time I bought diapers myself, I was quite nervous.

I believe I went into a local pharmacy some few blocks away and walked up and down the aisles till I found the right section. I got a single pack of a brand I wasn't familiar with (I wasn't sure what kind my mother usually bought me) and went straight to the register. Annoyingly, though, it was a long line and I began to get a bit embarassed just standing there. Eventually, I just went back, put the pack back on the shelf, and rushed out. I later came back during the night and got two packs of Depends, if I recall.

That was my first time, and I just could never shake the feeling for a few more trips to the store of foolishness. It wore off, luckilly x.x

The first time I actually bought diapers I was 12 years old in 1987 and had some allowance money saved up. It was during the summer and my mom and stepdad were gone and my sister was at a friends house. I think it was the first time I was left completely alone. So I got on my dirt bike and headed to the local supermarket about a mile away. I was so nervous. I grabbed a big bag of medium huggies. I looked at how much it cost and didn't know how to compute sales tax but it was close. The diapers were like $12.18 and I had $12.25. I was about to have a heart attack at the counter thinking I didn't have enough money. I still remember the packaging. The hard part was it was so big that the lady at the counter didn't bother putting them in a bag so I had to ride my bike home with a huge pack of huggies swinging from my handlebars for the whole world to see. I was scared the whole ride home. When I got home though, I had huge diaper party and was pissed that the diapers didn't fit. I taped them together and still had fun, but I know my goal was to eventually get ones that fit. Months later at school I was still paranoid about it and could have sworn I overheard some kids talking... "brian, huggies, bicycle, snicker snicker" but I could have been paranoid.

Baby Bri

I'd say my first time was about 1994.. I was stationed in Texas and I drove around town and found an out of the way drug store and bought Attends. I made sure I had a bag big enough to sneak it into the dorms. I was so scared.. but over time I am more at ease but I am always afraid of someone I know seeing me. Some people love that part of it.. but I dont care for it. I like to be private about it and keep it to myself. I want to find someone that I could sure it with but I don't want people at work to print out a picture of me online in diapers and pass it around the office.. I know people that would to it..

babyMark

The first time I bought diapers was when I was out of town on a business trip. I had nothing to do in the evenings after the classes. I went to a pharmacy that was not very crowded, walked around for a few minutes to find the diapers. As luck would have it, a woman was stocking the shelves right across from the adult diapers. I grabbed a package of the store brand diapers and head for the check out.

At the checkout, another customer came up behind me when I was making the purchase. I heard some comment about the diapers as I rushed out the door.

I could not wait to try them on when I got back to the hotel. It's much easier now, but I still careful about where I make my diaper purchases.

• 1 month later...

I have been a DL for several years and have bought diapers several times - it seems like I am always nervous about buying them. But within the last few months .... something has finally clicked and I really dont care anymore. In fact, I went into a medical supply place and talked to a very attractive lady about what diapers I was wanting. She asked if they were for me .... I hesitated and once my heart got back to where it belonged. I answered, "yes".

After that it was that much easier. She even gave me some samples to try out (Attends #8 and #10). Since that time I have went back and bought a few packages. The same lady is always there and is always helpful.

So ... there could be benefits to being honest when you are asked