LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Teddy Bear Dependency

I actually think sleeping with stuffed animals is the one (and only one) thing that AB/DLs and "norma" people have in common. I sleep with stuffed animals all the time! They're like my crack. I keep buying more even though I'm running out of space to put them. x__x

They're like my crack. I keep buying more even though I'm running out of space to put them. x__x

Same for me though I really have to restrain that addiction, I had to get rid of 300 of my stuffies last year because we moved to a smaller place. I still have the few that are really special to me.

*hugs*

Michelle

a few months ago bbc news had an article showing a large majority of men take a teddy bear with them on business trips....

Years ago some of my daughters friends & her b/f (younger guy I worked with) were looking at some camcorder tapes. Just as I stepped into the room there was the scene on the T.V. of them waking me up to say "Happy Birthday!!!" & me hugged up with my teddy bear.Not sure if I was wearing a diaper or not; thank goodness we didnot see one. The guy did asks about the teddy. All I said was after 12years of sleeping nights hugging with my wife. Then going to night shift it was hard to sleep days without her. So she bought the bear for me & if he said a word at work about it; he would deal with her here & me at work. Being his crew leader he didnot want that for sure. Her Mom said if she could go out or not too. I never heard anything at work.

*steals hornswoggle and gives it to sarah*

I'm not dependent on Pookie, he chooses to stick with me almost all the time, he's not a fan of the cold though--everybody knows bears are supposed to be hibernating in the wintertime, so he's spent the most of the winter curled up with Meowth and Pikachu on the bed. When I go somewhere long enough that I need my diaper bag, Pookie always rides in the bigger compartment.

I'm not dependent on Pookie, nor is he on me, we just choose to be with each other since we've been companions for 21-odd years.

Thanks to moogs for showing me this the first time too:

2008-12-08.jpg

Taking a pill to force sleep when all that was needed was a teddy bear just seems grossly unhealthy.

And cutting out the other half of what I said seems grossly inappropriate...

The suggestion was as a remedy against sleep deprivation in situations where one isn't able to bring a teddy bear along. Especially if one is going to be away from the teddy bear for several days. Prolonged sleep deprivation is not fun, extremely unhealthy, and can cause more problems than the sleep medication ever could. The suggestion is really intended as a "if nothing else is working" solution.

I also suggested experimenting with non-medication stuff, like a nice, big supper... Something like calm music may also help... Or just physically exhausting one's self... It varies from person to person... But they don't always work, too...

1 - There is not a problem in having a 'dependency' as you call it, on a plushie / teddy bear in order to get asleep. It is far better to be dependent on a plushie than to be dependent on drugs / medication.

2 - A plushie, to some people, is a transient object - something to help them through certain times of their lives - i.e. high stress, loneliness etc. To an infant / child, a plushie is a comfort item, something to help them self-soothe and allow them to sleep, and as you have explained it, your teddy bear one to you.

As adults, we are expected to conform to some idealistic set of rules, but who helps us when we are alone at night. It is convention that gives a child a plushie - as I explained above, but it is the intelligent that knows the reason, and also uses the same cure for the same problem with ourselves in adulthood.

Simply, if you are having problems sleeping, and your choice is drugs or a Teddy-bear, I would chose the Teddy-bear, and if the Teddy-bear doesn't work, try a pacifier / blankie / mobile etc. Drugs / medication should be the last resort after everything else has failed.

• Like 1
Guest Baby Tiana

Personally I think it's an okay habit. It's not like you won't be able to sleep with them by your side eventually. I mean for a while I was always cuddling my teddy bear, but haven't for the longest time -until last night. I think everyone eventually out grows it a little. But like you said, I think your happiness matters, and it's not like you are having some tramp come over to your house to have sex with to help you fall asleep. This is much safer. People all have something they can't sleep without. Don't fret about this small thing!

I didnt outgrow it... If anything happened to Floppy, I'd cry to death!

We all know that. I never stated that one would outgrow a teddy-bear / plushie. Most people, as they get older, learn the benefit of a plushie. We here, as AB/DLs already know that.

Hey! What about your roommates?!?!?!?!

And that's the Klatch's cat, not YOUR cat!!!

DW, I think that curi thinks of you as either a plushie or a cat..... think of it that way, and the collection that he gets is not that bad!

• Like 1

when i turned 10 my father made me get rid of all my plush toys to help me 'grow up',,, its ok he's forgiven, it was tough having a gay son in the 60s

needless to say as soon as i moved away however i started buying mohr and mohr and mohr... i would say this is a pretty safe obsession as opposed to say, heroin or politics... after a while your bears will smell like you since you cuddle with them... that's a comfort bonus right there