LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Abri-Flex Special

I just learned about these a couple days ago, so I called up KCK and ended up talking to one of the owners of the company. He was very nice, and very informative, and offered to send me a couple samples--something they don't typically do (so please don't call up asking).

http://kckmedical.com/abri-flexandregspecial-mediumlarge-fits34to58-absorbs1700ml-bag.aspx

The main thing I wanted to know was why these cost so much, and if they addressed the problems found in most pull-ups. It seems that they don't have any better coverage than the standard Abri-Flex pull-ups, but he told me that they have much, much more elastic and are designed to stay up even when wet, even when the wearer is active. The difference, it seems, is in the pant, not the pad. Interesting.

Perhaps the most interesting thing I learned is that these are not actually made by Abena, but by a Japanese company.

Regardless, I'll be curious to try them and I'll post an update here.

-RMS

• Like 1

Wow, this is funny you posted this because just yesterday, I called and inquired about the same product. Found out a little more too about it than what you posted. Anyway, talked to someone there who informed me that these, like you said, are not actually made by abena but by a different japanese company. The reason for the cost is that they ship the containers from Japan, to Germany, then to California. He said we are trying to work out a deal to cut out the "middle man", in this case Germany, and it will bring the price down tremendously. Most of what we're paying right now for the abena brand is freight. He said these pull-ups are becoming more and more popular and that will drive down the price too. The first shipment of these took a long, long time to get rid of but now that people are becoming more and more aware of them, they are picking up the speed on them so the price will start to come down, especially once they get a direct shipping container. These pull-ups were specially designed for younger and more active individuals he said. They are a tighter fitting pull-up with elastic all over and special bands running across even the padding area to keep it close to the body even after a wetting. The elastic thread is even different than any other brief out there, apparently a much better design. You can call KCK direct and order a case or even an individual bag even though it's not advertised on the website as available in a bag. It'll run about $28 for a bag of 18 med/large and another $4-5 for shipping he said. Worth a try instead of spending a $142 for a case to "try out". Occasionally, they will do free samples but don't call and abuse it or it'll be gone especially for some that may really need to "try" it!!!

Another interesting fact about KCK. They are the ONLY company in the US that currently carries the Abena brand!!!! If you order them from drugstore.com, XP Medical, or a couple other websites, they all still came through KCK. They get the containers and distribute from there but most often are just a "drop ship" company meaning, you order it on XP Medicals website, the order is sent to KCK, and KCK sends it to you. XP is the middle man just selling it and taking your money and don't have an inventory! So with KCK being the "home store" I guess, all Abena related questions could go through them.

The abri-flex special pull-ups, KCK said, nobody distributes them yet exempt the home office, ie. them. Eventually he said others may but for now, don't bother looking else where as you won't find it and even if you did, it came from KCK anyway.

I was also informed during our conversation that Abena will be releasing some new products closer to the end of this year. He could say what but said from what he's seen and heard, there pretty impressive products. Can't wait now!!!

That could very well be it, just the one they put in a japanese wrapper.

I love the translations.

"Only one pants" .....Or should it be 2 pant??

"Free size 6" .....You don't have to pay for the size 6??

"You know what is good and fine" .....Good and Fine, Yup, know what it is!!

WTF!!!???

That could very well be it, just the one they put in a japanese wrapper.

I love the translations.

"Only one pants" .....Or should it be 2 pant??

"Free size 6" .....You don't have to pay for the size 6??

"You know what is good and fine" .....Good and Fine, Yup, know what it is!!

WTF!!!???

Well, what can I say? They speak English better than I speak Japanese.

-RMS

Another interesting fact about KCK. They are the ONLY company in the US that currently carries the Abena brand!!!! If you order them from drugstore.com, XP Medical, or a couple other websites, they all still came through KCK. They get the containers and distribute from there but most often are just a "drop ship" company meaning, you order it on XP Medicals website, the order is sent to KCK, and KCK sends it to you. XP is the middle man just selling it and taking your money and don't have an inventory! So with KCK being the "home store" I guess, all Abena related questions could go through them.

Uh, that's an interesting assertion, except that you can still buy the original, plastic-backed X-Plus on XP Medical, but KCK only offers the new "formerly X-Plus" cloth-backed version.

In fact, one can reference this thread: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=172&st=340 to see that your assertion is highly questionable at best, considering that it'd be beyond pointless for a drop-shipper to take a tour of the manufacturer's facility and talk with them about the products they have available versus the demand the "drop-shipper" experiences.

Oh, and KCK's prices suck compared to XP's.

Just saying.....

• Like 1

Uh, that's an interesting assertion, except that you can still buy the original, plastic-backed X-Plus on XP Medical, but KCK only offers the new "formerly X-Plus" cloth-backed version.

In fact, one can reference this thread: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=172&st=340 to see that your assertion is highly questionable at best, considering that it'd be beyond pointless for a drop-shipper to take a tour of the manufacturer's facility and talk with them about the products they have available versus the demand the "drop-shipper" experiences.

Just saying.....

You may wish to go to the KCK website again. They sell the plastic backed Abenas. I buy a case every month and they are actually cheaper for me to get then XP medical because I don't have to pay the CA sales tax.

Just saying.....

Well I'm just saying...you have no idea what your talking about. Why don't you pick up your phone and spend two minutes on it talking to someone at KCK and they will tell you just what I said. That's what I did! I just called to inquire about the abena abri-flex special and just chatting found out the rest, including what the guy told me that I posted on the other thread. Thought it'd be more appropriate to post it there, then here. The guy at KCK told me something new will be here from Abena by the end of the year. Him being the guy who works with Abena would problably know that, ya think? I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Abena makes diapers in Germany

KCK orders containers of their diapers

KCK sells the products themselves

or KCK receives orders from a few of their customers and ships the product under the other companies name out of KCK's warehouse

KCK does at times, have full containers of products sent to some of the sellers

In the end, all Abena products in the US have been "touched" by KCK.

Don't believe me, call them yourself and ask.

As an example, I went to the good year store to buy tires from them and they were more expensive for the same good year tires I could purchase at the Dealership as well as nearly all other tire retail outlets. This is not all that uncommon for companies "home store" to actually be more expensive. It promotes going to retailers and giving them business. Not sure of all the reasons but either way, in the end, whether I go to the Good Year tire store, or a different retailer, Good Year still makes a sale in the end if I buy their tires. Probably same goes here with KCK's pricing. We may not fully understand the "why" behind it but it happens.

after reading this topic and seeing the picture of this pull-up i had to place a order. got one pack coming should be here monday. well let everybody know what i think of these. if they are as good as there looks these should be great.

Phew.. Threw me for a loop a minute. Twice in the description they mention bag, saw 142$ and was like wow that's expensive. Actually read a little farther down and saw that they are 108 per case. Tad more realistic heh.

Just got mine the other day. Haven't "tried" them out but tried them on. I love the fit and the feel of the frillyness. What a great texture. I think they'll hold quite a bit but my big concern is like all other pull-ups. The front padding just isn't high enough especially for a male. It's only about 2" above my junk at most and if it isn't pointed into the diaper or the diaper shifts enough, I could see bad things happening. Also, sometimes during "flooding" the urine can kind of pool above and could see issues of that. Not much to catch when sitting if it leaks towards waist when wetting. I'll have to see how it goes. It does have a great feel though like I said and the issue with the gaps in the legs are definately gone. It also has standing leak gaurds so that's a plus.

Just one question, is the colored stripes the front or back????? I don't have the actual bag to reference. Seems to fit about the same either way.

Just one question, is the colored stripes the front or back????? I don't have the actual bag to reference. Seems to fit about the same either way.

The back normally.

I was going to say the way you can tell is that they're narrower cut at the front than the back (like a pair of tighty whities laid flat) but I guess that doesn't apply with these.

No pullup is ever going to cope with a flooding though - it's just not what they're designed to handle.

Well, I finally got to try these and they just don't work for me. They're too small for my fat old body, so the elastic that makes them so special doesn't have a chance to do it's job. The person I spoke to at KCK was right that absorbency really isn't what makes them a big deal. They hold one good soaking, but only standing up. I can't even imagine how they would leak if I wet them sitting.

And finally, the problem with the shorts style design is that they don't let you create a cup in the crotch as well. Regular pull-ons let you tuck the sides of the crotch up and create a cup that will hold the urine until it's absorbed by the pad. These just don't make that easy. Well, not on me anyway.

-RMS

Well I'm just saying...you have no idea what your talking about. Why don't you pick up your phone and spend two minutes on it talking to someone at KCK and they will tell you just what I said. That's what I did! I just called to inquire about the abena abri-flex special and just chatting found out the rest, including what the guy told me that I posted on the other thread. Thought it'd be more appropriate to post it there, then here. The guy at KCK told me something new will be here from Abena by the end of the year. Him being the guy who works with Abena would problably know that, ya think? I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Abena makes diapers in Germany

KCK orders containers of their diapers

KCK sells the products themselves

or KCK receives orders from a few of their customers and ships the product under the other companies name out of KCK's warehouse

KCK does at times, have full containers of products sent to some of the sellers

In the end, all Abena products in the US have been "touched" by KCK.

Don't believe me, call them yourself and ask.

As an example, I went to the good year store to buy tires from them and they were more expensive for the same good year tires I could purchase at the Dealership as well as nearly all other tire retail outlets. This is not all that uncommon for companies "home store" to actually be more expensive. It promotes going to retailers and giving them business. Not sure of all the reasons but either way, in the end, whether I go to the Good Year tire store, or a different retailer, Good Year still makes a sale in the end if I buy their tires. Probably same goes here with KCK's pricing. We may not fully understand the "why" behind it but it happens.

the guy you talked to is full of crap, Abenas are made in Denmark not Germany. Second Gary from XP Medical has posted pictures of his warehouse, the warehouse address which is somewhere in Ventura. I have even swung out and the sign clearly says XP Medical. Not trying to start a war. But KCK Medical has horrible Customer service one time I ordered a case of xplus and they sent me plus and told me to deal with it... Gary on the other hand would of let me keep the mistake case and ship me the correct order. Just about any company can make you a claim but that doesn't necessarily mean that its true. :D

the guy you talked to is full of crap, Abenas are made in Denmark not Germany. Second Gary from XP Medical has posted pictures of his warehouse, the warehouse address which is somewhere in Ventura. I have even swung out and the sign clearly says XP Medical. Not trying to start a war. But KCK Medical has horrible Customer service one time I ordered a case of xplus and they sent me plus and told me to deal with it... Gary on the other hand would of let me keep the mistake case and ship me the correct order. Just about any company can make you a claim but that doesn't necessarily mean that its true. :D

Precisely.

Some arrogant fuckhat at KCK wants to claim they're drop-shipping for every US company, if you're sucker enough to believe it, good for KCK.

I actually meant Denmark but for got my places crossed. How do you know though that Gary at XP isn't just getting containers delivered from KCK. I am going to look into this further as I'm curious and I was just going off of memory as to what he said so I could DEFINATELY miss spoke. I just ordered some Abena's from drugstore.com and they were shipped from Pennsylvania.

The thing that amazes me is the defensive posturing going here. I ask this because I feel it to: Why the feelings of loyalty toward Gary and XP Medical? Why does the thought that KCK might be supplying him with diapers make the blood boil?

-RMS

The thing that amazes me is the defensive posturing going here. I ask this because I feel it to: Why the feelings of loyalty toward Gary and XP Medical? Why does the thought that KCK might be supplying him with diapers make the blood boil?

-RMS

When you talk to reps from KCK you'll know... its kinda like a Jersey thing LOL

Anyhow, Gary from XP deals directly with abena, but That does not mean they are exclusive to them. KCK tries to sound like they are exclusive. Just about anyone can order a dam container from anybody around the world. Matter of fact it takes about 5-6 grand to purchase a container full of diapers. I've been tempting to order a container from the Bambino makers but where am I going to store 45000 diapers? :D