LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting Causes Daytime Wetting?

I have been working on becoming a bed-wetter, and i have just read a topic on another forum that some of the people that have become bed-wetters have lost some of their daytime control. Is this true? Can some of you that have achieved my goal comment?

• 3 weeks later...

i doubt it will make you a daytime wetter if you do not want to be. The only time you may have an accident is when you need to pee and are very distracted....but you will have ample warning. Bed-wetting does help achieve 24 inco a lot because with your bladder emptying wile you sleep and you peeing as often as you can wile awake it allows your bladder to shrink so as after some time it will not be able to hold much and when you need to pee it will be urgent and can lead to urge incontinence followed by full incontinence if you ignore the urge long enough wile letting things happen. But if you keep daytime control willingly you should be able to keep your muscles and bladder in check no problem.

• Like 1

Since to achieve bedwetting involves changing the bodies mechanism of reducing urine production while you sleep, it has the potential of making one wet during the day when taking short naps etc. Secondly, some hypnotic programs get the subject to sleep wet by relaxing the bladder in co-operation to relaxing - ie sleeping. This can have the side effect of relaxing the sphincter (wetting) when you sit down to relax after a long day etc. The third possibility is if night control is lost completely, and the trigger is to wet while wearing a diaper, every time one wears a diaper is the trigger to wet, which can include the period of time before sleep (while diapering) and after awaking, while still in night diaper. If for one reason or another, the night diaper is not removed until later, the associated trigger will still be inforce and cause you to wet while awake. This will eventually eliminate the original reason for toilet training, ie to keep ones diaper dry, and result in daytime incontinence.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I've been going back and forth with bedwetting for over a year now. Longest I have gone is 50 nights in a row in diapers and wetting unconsciously almost all of those nights. Usually I stop wetting for a few nights out of shame and fear and then get back into it. I noticed though that when I was wetting at night there were several occasions where I nearly wet myself during the day just because I wasn't consciously holding my pee in. I found the more \I wore diapers during the day the more often this would happen as my brain became used to thinking I was diapered.

• 1 month later...

Hence I do often wear diapers out
If you're wearing them out, you're either doing it very right (using cloth until they wear out) or very wrong (how do you wear out a disposable diaper?) :)

I typically drink plenty of water, but I only go a couple-4 times a day. I only need to wake up at night to go if I've had WAY too much water before bed, never otherwise.

There is a product I've heard of that is supposed to combat bedwetting, it's a nasal spray that either contains or stimulates production of something I recall as Anti-Diuretic Hormone. Most people produce this before and during sleep, so they don't produce as much urine during the night and thus have an easier time sleeping soundly. Perhaps you don't produce this properly?

That's also why some people wet the bed when they drink, alcohol inhibits that hormone, so you have the liquid from the drinks, plus your body doesn't slow down your kidneys for sleep = pee!

Glad to comment, I generally look for any new threads or posts in Incontinence-Desires whenever I check posts. I was at one time in 24/7 and on the program, but due to financial matters, I had to postpone my training. We're struggling to keep the lights on now... :censored:

When younger I had about 2 weeks to wear 15 1/2 hours each day (exscept going to my 8hr job & 1/2 hr there & back) After 1-2 days I started wetting them & not thinking much about it. I did notice while not wearing I had to keep it on my mind to HOLD when the urge hit me. Shorty I got back to my regular self.(LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a product I've heard of that is supposed to combat bedwetting, it's a nasal spray that either contains or stimulates production of something I recall as Anti-Diuretic Hormone. Most people produce this before and during sleep, so they don't produce as much urine during the night and thus have an easier time sleeping soundly. Perhaps you don't produce this properly?

That's also why some people wet the bed when they drink, alcohol inhibits that hormone, so you have the liquid from the drinks, plus your body doesn't slow down your kidneys for sleep = pee!

Creepymouse,

1/ The 'anti-bedwetting' drug that mimicks vaspressin only works for a short time (1-2 weeks). Like ALL medication, there is a honeymoon period where the drug does what is intended, however, after a short period, your body will re-balance itself and reduce its own production of said drug. Now, you are dependant on that drug to get to the same level you were 3-4 weeks ago. Most doctors KNOW this, and will prescribe accordingly.

Vaspressin is a chemical that causes the body to reabsorb fluid from the kidneys before it is passed into the bladder. Over a 24/48 hour period, you produce the exact same levels of vaspressin. However, during times of rest, as your heart rate slows down, and the concentration of this chemical increases in the kidneys.

Large corporate drug companies profit by selling 'food stated' drugs for a quick fix. No synthesised drug will have a lasting effect on the body.

2/ Alcohol is a duretic - as you correctly stated, but NOT for the reasons you stated. Alcohol is poisonous to the body directly effecting the central nervous system, and the body will sacrifice water from everywhere* to dilute and remove the alcohol from your system. Your kidneys / liver is overworked filtering this, and can fail from this stress. The secondary effects from alcohol (hangover) is not directly from the alcohol, but the severe lack of fluids in the body.

Alcohol does NOT inhibit THAT hormone.

* Fluids removed from the brain = massive headache and hypersensitivity, movement causes brain to crash into skull - since fluid pressure has dropped - killing millions of braincells in the process.

* Fluids removed from the nervous system = inability to correctly control ones muscles. You depend on your sense of touch (internal in the muscles) to control muscle movement, and so you don't overextend joints etc.

* Fluids removed from blood stream = unable to remove build up of lactic acid in muscles, pain when moving, difficulty in breathing.

* Fluids removed from stomach = unable to digest remaining food, stomach feels sick, maybe person will vomit to eliminate contents so to rest stomach.

If enough alcohol is consumed, the alcohol level gets to fatal levels, and the brain, for self preservation, will restrict blood supply to self. This has two effects - 1/ the person is unable to remember anything that happened. 2/Usually, the reduced oxygen causes the body to collapses. The brain's action stopped the intake of alcohol (you can't consume alcohol when unconscious) Some people, have been exceeding this limit so often, that the safety action of the brain fails to know them unconscious. As a result, they continue to consume, but have no memory of their actions after that specific time until the alcohol level. If you keep consuming alcohol at this time, after the brain has reduced blood flow to self, eventually brain death will occur.

This is one of the very few times that the body will commit suicide without direct concious control.

• Like 1

Wow, interesting. I was (foolishly) repeating what I'd been taught in school. I certainly wasn't suggesting that ANYONE drink alcohol to wet the bed...merely pointing out that they do. :)

Creepymouse, that was your only mistake, 'thinking that you were (or anyone) was taught anything in school'. The education system in most countries current purpose is to eradicate individuality and independent thinking in favour of preconceived concepts, ideas and notions. This, it does, in the 'multiple choice' form of testing, where the pupil does not need to know detail to excel. The corresponding percentage mark awarded to said pupil is not a standard of knowledge, but an ability to memorise a collection of unlinked facts.

If one drinks beer, the percentage of alcohol compared to the amount of liquid, will fill the bladder and cause it need to empty. As a result, a heavy beer drinker will pass out earlier, and is more likely to have to deal with secondary nocturnal enuresis.

• Like 1

I'm sure that bedwetters are more prone to wetting during the day than non-bedwetters because dozing off during the day is always possible, especially if tired, stressed, (drunk), combination of the above, etc... I wonder if most of the bedwetters who report occasional daytime wettings find that it happens mostly when they're tired and drift off for a little while with a full bladder? Sometimes I drift off for a while in the day, wake up thinking it's just a few seconds later and realise an hour has gone by :P