LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Gays Can Join The Military Now

D_danny777

Simply put, yes. They did.

http://en.wikipedia....ilitary_service

Okay, I was not aware of that fact.

I hereby end my involvement in this thread by stating that I had no intention of hijacking this thread or turning it into a warzone. I am sorry that the things I believe came across as hurtful, that was not my intention, I simply wanted people to understood where I stood on the subject and why I had what I believed to be a legitimate question about the topic. I believe that we, the members of the DailyDiapers website can co-exist, even with our broad range of differing opinions.

• Like 3

actually not allowing those of a sexual orientation other than heterosexuality to not feel stressed is a HUGE security risk.

as we all know there are many people serving in the military who are gay, lesbian, bi etc....

and some of those, many, have high security clearances... and at the same time live in fear of someone discovering their 'alternate' lifestyle and getting kicked out of the army..

soooooo they are a huge security risk as theoretically someone could say 'give me this info or i let it known you are gay'

and then ohhh nooo many of our military secrets are now known to someone else!

nope its not a problem to let them serve in secret lets risk the security breaches so a few homophobic old men can feel better about their sexuality.

• Like 1

Okay, I was not aware of that fact.

I hereby end my involvement in this thread by stating that I had no intention of hijacking this thread or turning it into a warzone. I am sorry that the things I believe came across as hurtful, that was not my intention, I simply wanted people to understood where I stood on the subject and why I had what I believed to be a legitimate question about the topic. I believe that we, the members of the DailyDiapers website can co-exist, even with our broad range of differing opinions.

Should have taken my advice 2 pages ago. We are co-existing, that you've been called out on your opinion and have failed to provide sufficiently strong arguments to defend it should give you pause as to why you HAVE that opinion in the first place.

Perhaps your initial remarks weren't as clear as you had intended, fair enough, but again, your further remarks show at a minimum the same ignorance that has allowed those with a hate-mongering agenda to continue their attacks.

As for your beliefs being hurtful? Intention or not, expressing an opinion that denigrates somebody else chosen way of life. Especially when done form ignorance, Then getting all riled up when called out on it?

You've got a lot of social growing up to do grasshopper.

This discussion seems to be totally lacking in humour from all sides. Such a pity! Perhaps we can have a brief interlude for some of the jokes that must have surfaced by now?

This discussion seems to be totally lacking in humour from all sides. Such a pity! Perhaps we can have a brief interlude for some of the jokes that must have surfaced by now?

ohh my god everytime i look at this thread... waaaayyyy ot many jokes come to mind.... i did love the pics of the new ideas for uniforms...

anyone ever hear eddie izzards stand up about an all drag queen unit?? its fantastic.

Gays could join the military before. Now they just can't have official action taken against them for being open about their sexuality.

And if they're going to do that, they better be prepared to take a LOT of shit about it. Military guys give each other shit all day long. And crying about that is not allowed. The military doesn't care about your feelings.

Not much will change.

• Like 2

No jokes about gays and rearguard actions then? Or base area troops?

Come on, there must be some really good ones out there!

When war breaks out and we send out our troops...

Some guys will be in the front, some guys will be in the rear

:huh:

... ?

:D

Gays could join the military before. Now they just can't have official action taken against them for being open about their sexuality.

And if they're going to do that, they better be prepared to take a LOT of shit about it. Military guys give each other shit all day long. And crying about that is not allowed. The military doesn't care about your feelings.

Not much will change.

So much for the jokes.

If you think "not much will change," can we assume that you think nobody has been kicked out of the military for being gay? Because that will change, and while you may not think so, that's a HUGE deal and an impact on a lot of peoples' lives.

You're neglecting here the severity of the action that can be taken against them. A dishonorable discharge can, in some communities, ruin a person's life. You lose every benefit that you could possibly gain from being in the military or being a veteran, even if you fought in a war. You run a risk of being court-martialed if you were in a high security position. You are shunned by "pro military" organizations so good luck getting any job at one of those. It's something that only really, really stupid people make light of.

And the lives that impact won't just be the lives of gay people. As you've accurately pointed out, there are gay people on all levels of military. For every life that everything from a good translator to a good sniper who would have otherwise been discharged with an LTH or DD saves, that's a life that is VERY MUCH changed.

I'm not really sure what you think is going on here. The people who are there are already in the military, for the most part. I think it'd be fair to say that they know how much "shit" military groups give each other AT LEAST as well as you do, if not better. Gay people, despite the stereotypes that are perpetuated, are no more likely to cry than other people, so I'll assume that you're just trying to be funny and failing here.

So no. A lot will change. You just might not notice it if you're not one of the people who has been affected by it.

• Like 1

umm can i swab your poop deck??? hello is no one thinkin of all those good ole navy boys and the jokes they will have?

mmmmm whats long and hard and full of seaman?

its not just a submarine anymore! its a penis in a butt in a submarine!!!

Guest Baby Elaine

I believe in the US it is still unacceptable to be openly homosexual while actively serving in the military, and there are severe punishments if it comes out that you are. But please, correct me if I'm wrong. I think that the Canadian military is much more accepting and legally I believe they can serve and be openly gay.

I see nothing wrong with this, what does it matter if someone is gay, or if someone is straight? It doesn't change whether that person can do great things. We're all still people, and being gay, or Muslim, or Black, or White, or Christian, or straight, all of these things shouldn't matter, a person is a person.

~Mommy Elaine

• Like 2

don't ask don't tell was repealed, however it has not yet been put into action... so while right now if someone were openly gay and serving they could be discharged, soon it won't be that way for the usa...

• 1 month later...

As long as they don't act like wimps or overly camp, I don't see why not.

Luckily, they're already in the military, for the most part, just not out. There's no evidence that they act like wimps or "camp," whatever that means. :)

A bit of a catch 22 in my opinion....with DADT, you are discriminated against in the sense that you musn't let anyone know of your sexual orientation by regulation. With DADT repealed, you musn't let anyone know of your sexual orientation for fear of your personal safety. Kind of a hollow victory really.

The death of DADT isn't going to change the intrinsic nature of the sort who signs up for service in the first place. In the end, you're working with xenophobes who's basal instinct/driving force is to destroy/"defend" themselves against those they view as "different" (regardless of the quasi-patriotic decision for which they believe they'd enlisted). Queer, Cambodian,....apples, oranges.

• Like 1

Luckily, they're already in the military, for the most part, just not out. There's no evidence that they act like wimps or "camp," whatever that means. :)

Well wimpy people would FAIL (die) in battle.

As the army is generally all about macho and/or tough people. Camp people...

take boy george as an example, wouldn't have it in them to be proper soldiers.

Has anyone here asked a service member about gays serving next to them. It's so not a problem even the straight one are openly joking about being gay. Gays (or women) aren't wimps either- that's what boot camp is for to train and toughen up even the obese. As a disabled vet I too have always thought everyone should have a chance to serve regardless if they are black, women, gay, or what ever.

• Like 2

Well wimpy people would FAIL (die) in battle.

As the army is generally all about macho and/or tough people. Camp people...

take boy george as an example, wouldn't have it in them to be proper soldiers.

... and? The fact that Boy George is flamboyant has nothing to do with the population of homosexuals as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Gays have already served beyond the call of duty and died for their country as well- and this is still happening -_- When the repeal takes effect not much will change except for those who first stand up to be counted as Gay and the reactions of their fellow soldiers (along with huge amounts of media hype because those people have nothing better to do than try to get people to buy their drivel :bash: ) What I see coming is that there will be some 'blanket parties', and likely even a killing or two, before the real changes come and the Military prosecutes one of it's soldiers for killing another soldier over their being Gay :huh:That alone will change things which cannot not otherwise changed :o The cost of true freedom will be high but it always is :mellow:

It will take time, but when the dust settles it will become clear to all but the evil haters who refuse to accept the truth that being Gay does not affect one's love of Country and willingness to serve it and even die for it B) Once that truth becomes patently clear the haters will be seen for what they really are and they will begin to get their just desserts, whining about it as many of them already are, and becoming the target of disdain they always should have been :P It will be those persons who will be found unfit to serve in the Military; they will be barred from doing so; and they will find the civilian world wanting them and their brand of thinking less and less as well :lol: In the end the truth will overcome their lies and the world, not only the Military, will be a far better place for it, with less unwarranted hate and more tolerance and respect for the diversity of humanity everywhere :thumbsup:

Bettypooh