LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are The Ab Universe Megaboosters Reusable?

The Megaboosters from ABUniverse are repackaged Pig Mats, which are used to clean up oil and other greasy spills in a maintenance type work setting. It's probably their biggest scam, since they are NOT meant to be used in a diaper, nor soak up urine.

And no, they're not reusable.

• Like 3

No way can these handle 1/4 gallon. Tried 3 times. The maxiumun wet weight is 9 oz.

The Megaboosters from ABUniverse are repackaged Pig Mats, which are used to clean up oil and other greasy spills in a maintenance type work setting. It's probably their biggest scam, since they are NOT meant to be used in a diaper, nor soak up urine.

And no, they're not reusable.

• Like 1

I work in an industrial marine setting. We use absorbent products used to pick up only POL (petrolium oil liquids). You can place them in a bucket of water (or urine I suppose) with little to no absorbance. They will only absorb oil based liquids. If these products are indeed specified to work for industrial capacity then they would certainly be minimal in picking up bodily waste if at all. If this is the case I hope that many of us are not duped into purchasing a product not specified to meet out needs (unless you excrete oil).

voodu

• Like 1

and this isnt illegal in the states?

if this was the case in Norway they would hvae been shutdown long time ago

It probably is, but if someone complained they risk getting the whole site shut down. Besides ther disposables there is not much worthwhile on the site. I think all their re-usable stuff is availible from nicediaper.com for a fraction of the price.

• Like 1

I suppose I should clear some things up about the Megaboosters.

I assure you our intention was not to deceive anyone nor to scam anyone. We get what we have re-branded "Megaboosters" from a company called New Pig. They are NOT used for oil or greasy spills and while they are not designed to be used in a diaper, they are designed to soak up and wick away liquid (mostly water) and urine is liquid. Baby Kyle saw these and thought they would make a great diaper booster because they can soak up a lot of liquid but it still leaves that slick wet feeling in the diaper. It should be noted that none of the diaper pad manufacturers make something this large and absorbent because it's not necessary with typical users and it's too expensive to make with SAP. As the "ABDL Superstore" we carry a huge variety of products; some are from traditional manufacturers while others are not. The makers of our Ultra Thick AIO also make pizza delivery carriers. Does that mean that the AIO is crap or that its a scam? Absolutely not!

As with most of our exclusive products, we offer a sample pack of the Megaboosters so that customers can try out the product first to see if it will work with them. We have many customers who love using these as their regular diaper booster and buy them from us frequently. As you can see, this is not a scam. It's just an innovative way to use a non-diaper related product as a diaper booster.

• Like 3

I suppose I should clear some things up about the Megaboosters.

I assure you our intention was not to deceive anyone nor to scam anyone. We get what we have re-branded "Megaboosters" from a company called New Pig. They are NOT used for oil or greasy spills and while they are not designed to be used in a diaper, they are designed to soak up and wick away liquid (mostly water) and urine is liquid. Baby Kyle saw these and thought they would make a great diaper booster because they can soak up a lot of liquid but it still leaves that slick wet feeling in the diaper. It should be noted that none of the diaper pad manufacturers make something this large and absorbent because it's not necessary with typical users and it's too expensive to make with SAP. As the "ABDL Superstore" we carry a huge variety of products; some are from traditional manufacturers while others are not. The makers of our Ultra Thick AIO also make pizza delivery carriers. Does that mean that the AIO is crap or that its a scam? Absolutely not!

As with most of our exclusive products, we offer a sample pack of the Megaboosters so that customers can try out the product first to see if it will work with them. We have many customers who love using these as their regular diaper booster and buy them from us frequently. As you can see, this is not a scam. It's just an innovative way to use a non-diaper related product as a diaper booster.

No. They are Pig Mats. They are meant to clean up oil. My boyfriend uses these at work every day and so when we purchased them for a WAY overpriced upcharge for what they really are, since we expected them to meant FOR diapers, we were disappointed and felt scammed.

Please be honest about the products you sell. It looks terrible to lie and try to make something seem like it's something it's really not.

• Like 1

No. They are Pig Mats. They are meant to clean up oil. My boyfriend uses these at work every day and so when we purchased them for a WAY overpriced upcharge for what they really are, since we expected them to meant FOR diapers, we were disappointed and felt scammed.

Please be honest about the products you sell. It looks terrible to lie and try to make something seem like it's something it's really not.

Pig Mat offers an Oil Only product and an all liquids product.

Pig Mat does not offer a 10x15 mat on their site, the closet thing is a 10x13.

This doesn't mean what ABU offers isn't a Pig Mat. However, ABU is not marking their product up very much at all.

The 10x13 Pig Mat is $0.63/sheet, but you have to buy a minimum of 100 sheets.

ABU offers a 10x15 sheet for $0.70/sheet but you can buy in much smaller packs (10 per pack) and in prettier colors.

It is very common for larger quantities to cost less per item, so this shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Even if it is a Pig Mat, ABU is offering a competitive price (actually cheaper price because you get 20 square inches more, if my math is right...) with additional options (colors).

ABU has always been a very solid company and I have been consistently pleased with my purchases and with customer service. A Subway sandwich costs more then their trial pack so please give it a try before bashing it.

• Like 2

Pig Mat offers an Oil Only product and an all liquids product.

Pig Mat does not offer a 10x15 mat on their site, the closet thing is a 10x13.

This doesn't mean what ABU offers isn't a Pig Mat. However, ABU is not marking their product up very much at all.

The 10x13 Pig Mat is $0.63/sheet, but you have to buy a minimum of 100 sheets.

ABU offers a 10x15 sheet for $0.70/sheet but you can buy in much smaller packs (10 per pack) and in prettier colors.

It is very common for larger quantities to cost less per item, so this shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Even if it is a Pig Mat, ABU is offering a competitive price (actually cheaper price because you get 20 square inches more, if my math is right...) with additional options (colors).

ABU has always been a very solid company and I have been consistently pleased with my purchases and with customer service. A Subway sandwich costs more then their trial pack so please give it a try before bashing it.

Uh. We did purchase a whole pack. They do not soak up urine. They also look like they are cut, roughly, by hand but I may be wrong. Either way my point still stands: They are not meant to be put in a diaper. It is a false advertisement and a waste of money.

• Like 1

I work in manufacturing, and will throw my 2 cents in on the issue. And I'm really not caring if I get flamed at this point, but this is an issue that needs to be looked at by people who use these products daily.

New Pig is the same thing as Pig mats. ABU just re-branded them.

Pig products aren't designed for diapers, and just because it is a universal use product doesn't mean it is for use with urine. Pig Products, in my experience, work better with large volumes of liquid that are sitting in the area (pooling water, for example) where the product has time to absorb the water, not when it is being wet on like during urination.

Please read the MSDS for Pig Products before you continue to sell them as a diaper insert. Due to their nature, they may not even be suitable for continuous use against the human skin. As I stated, they are for use in industrial environments. I'm not familiar with the composition of a Pig pad TBH, but (again) I do know that they are not for use in a diaper.

Annie, the reason they look like they were cut by hand is because they are perforated to be torn off in sheets instead of having to be cut by a knife or scissors. They probably sold you a pack that had been torn apart into the individual sheets. Also, I could tell you how they would work for absorbing urine, but I won't get into that on this board.

Diaperliz, please do not try and educate people on markups on products. Unless you work for ABU, or someone there has told you explicitly what the wholesale cost per pad is, you do not know the markup on a product. Depending on the volume they sell and the wholesale cost, it could be any amount less than 100% (in terms of gross profit margin, which is the amount of the cost that is profit). $.63/pad is the cost from pig. Right there the GPM is 10% if it is sold for $.70 each.

ABU, you were grasping for straws with your example of the AIO. A company can make suitable similar products if it is so inclined. A waterproof cover with an interior that is absorbent will generally work as a diaper if the proper care is put into making it for that purpose. You're comparing an AIO which can be made from the manufacturer of an original product that is designed to absorb and keep heat contained while having a waterproof/oilprrof outer cover and asking them to possibly change the internal material to absorb liquid. The Pig pads are not comparable, as they would have to be changed in total composition of the material in the product to quickly absorb. Please, as I mention earlier, check into the MSDS, which is on the site, to see if there could be any issues using it with continual skin contact. You're opening yourself up to more trouble if people start getting illness/issues because you're selling them a product being used for purposes not intended and hiding that fact from your consumer.

• Like 7

Diaperliz, please do not try and educate people on markups on products. Unless you work for ABU, or someone there has told you explicitly what the wholesale cost per pad is, you do not know the markup on a product. Depending on the volume they sell and the wholesale cost, it could be any amount less than 100% (in terms of gross profit margin, which is the amount of the cost that is profit). $.63/pad is the cost from pig. Right there the GPM is 10% if it is sold for $.70 each.

The complaint was that ABU is just re-branding Pig Mats and charging more for them. While they may be re-branding Pig Mats, my point was that they are not actually charging more for them. Their purchase price to sell price markup had not come up until now.

• Like 1

The complaint was that ABU is just re-branding Pig Mats and charging more for them. While they may be re-branding Pig Mats, my point was that they are not actually charging more for them. Their purchase price to sell price markup had not come up until now.

But of course, that wasn't your point as much as your point was that they're not charging that much more for them and that they don't require bulk, no? They definitely charge more, as you aptly pointed out. It's just at a cost that may seem negligible when you're only buying 10, but is significantly less negligible, especially for a product of, well, questionable purposing and quality, for those of us who purchase inserts by the 100 anyway.

I don't know why anyone puts anything into there diapers.. If your diaper leaks its time to get better diapers. like ABU & Bambino

Some of us don't have that option.

For those who do, sometimes even ABU or Bambino aren't absorbent enough.

• Like 1

But of course, that wasn't your point as much as your point was that they're not charging that much more for them and that they don't require bulk, no? They definitely charge more, as you aptly pointed out. It's just at a cost that may seem negligible when you're only buying 10, but is significantly less negligible, especially for a product of, well, questionable purposing and quality, for those of us who purchase inserts by the 100 anyway.

I give up.. It is obvious you completely miss the point.

People whine, bitch and moan because no stores carry AB/DL stuff... no wonder.. you guys try to crucify the one store thats trying to change that.

• Like 2

People whine, bitch and moan because no stores carry AB/DL stuff... no wonder.. you guys try to crucify the one store thats trying to change that.

You mean "the one store" excluding Bambino, TheDiapersuperstore, Fetware, Foreverakid, and several others?

It's plain that you are the one missing the point. ABU is known for providing half-rate products, telling lies after they're caught at it, supporting sites which, for the most part, can be seen as the armpit of the ABDL community, and all with an unapologetic, feces-eating grin.

When there is good competition, and there is, then there is no reason to put up with poor quality as ABU puts out, at least in the realm of this particular moneygrab. Their diapers have vastly improved and they deserve praise for that, but it does NOT mean that they can do no wrong and should get a free pass whenever they try to pass a half-rate product off as something useful.

• Like 1

A lot of the stuff sold to our community is re-purposed products. Pacifier = Nuk Therapeutic Trainer, Diaper Tape = Gift Wrap Tape, etc... Then like most things they are marked up in price since they are targeting a small group of people. If the product is good, people will pay for it and there aren't any problems.

The ABU booster clearly seems to be an industrial use product that isn't meant nor designed for the purpose being sold. To claim its a diaper booster is just wrong and would be no better they someone selling you a booster and shipping you a roll of paper towels...

Exactly how do you define a re-purposed industrial cleanup mat as "AB/DL stuff"?

There are companies that cater to the fetish, and there are companies that try to take advantage of people. Normally I don't have a problem with ABU as they do carry some nice innovative products at relatively fair prices. However this new booster falls into the second category.

• Like 1

Please, as I mention earlier, check into the MSDS, which is on the site, to see if there could be any issues using it with continual skin contact.

I know we checked this out before we started selling it but I checked it again just for purpose of this thread. There is NO hazard with long term skin contact. The booster is made up of only two components. The main is Polypropylene (99.7%) and the other is pink (or yellow) pigment (0.3%). They are intended for quick absorption.

I will repeat, this product is not intended to "take advantage of people" as many of you have said. It is not meant to clean up oil and like I said in an earlier post, we have many customers who love using the Megaboosters as their daily product and purchase them from us on a regular basis. Even our owner likes to use them. I will leave off with this: We sell sample packs of the boosters for a reason. If you do not like the Megaboosters, then please don't buy them. And as always, if you don't like something we do, tell us! Thanks for listening and I hope everyone has a happy new year!

• Like 1

I am with ABU on this one If you don't like them then don't buy them!! I don't need anything in my diapers as I only wear Bambino and ABU diapers((good diapers)) and sitting in a wet diaper is not my thing I like to have my G/F change my diaper its part of the fun of being a baby. But for someone that likes to be in wet diapers this may be what they need or want and they will buy them..