LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Long Stay

I'm in for a very extended stay in a hotel, probobaly for two months, and my delemia is I'm a bedwetter. Just curious if anybody has ever informed hotel staff of their dilema. Inquiring about waterproff sheets ect. Ir what does everybody do about when house keeping comes by and I'm still in the room? Should I make up an excuse and say come buy later and high tail it out of there before they come back? Or what if my diaper leaks and miss my pad under the sheets. I'm probobaly blowing everything out of proportion but never been in a situation like this where I've had to be in a hotel for so long

I'm in for a very extended stay in a hotel, probobaly for two months, and my delemia is I'm a bedwetter. Just curious if anybody has ever informed hotel staff of their dilema. Inquiring about waterproff sheets ect. Ir what does everybody do about when house keeping comes by and I'm still in the room? Should I make up an excuse and say come buy later and high tail it out of there before they come back? Or what if my diaper leaks and miss my pad under the sheets. I'm probobaly blowing everything out of proportion but never been in a situation like this where I've had to be in a hotel for so long

I think you need to be honest and upfront with the hotel.

They have your home address; credit card information; etc.

so they have some recourse to recover damages to their property.

Housekeeping should be able to help you if you level with them

about your problem. If they are unable to help maybe they can

direct you to a Wal*Mart or similiar store to buy the necessary

gear you need to protect the hotel property.

Really I can not imagine a hotel not being able to help.

At some time or another they must have accomodated an incontinent

youngster unless they just opened up for business yesterday.

By NO means duck and cover from this. If in the future you need

to stay in the area you maybe Blacklisted and there will be "NO ROOM IN THE INN"!

Best Holiday Wishes.

Babylock

Not a problem. Adult bedwetting is not as rare as you might think. I wear for need due to a spinal cord injury, and I would say, most ppl with any type of a severe spinal cord injury will have nerve damage effecting the bladder. Hotel guests with disabilities is very common to any hotel. The best thing to do is let the hotel know prior to your arrival that you have a bladder disability and will need some type mattress protection and the use of some extra bath towels during your stay. I've never had any hotel charge me extra for any of these items regradless of how long I stayed at the hotel. I would recommend that you provide you own disposable pad(s) that you place on top of the bed sheet with bath towels placed on top of the pad. I like to use the large size disposable pads because the larger size provides the most protected area of coverage. The most important thing is with be the use of mattress protection and both towels. Just be sure to let the hotel know of your special needs prior to arrival and once your in the room and unpacked, I would recommend that you double check the bed/mattress to ensure nothing was over looked, or forgotten.

Depending on the type of hotel that you will be staying at (economic, or full service), upon request, the hotel that may provide personal care items such as a comb, tooth paste, brand name shampoo(s), and disposable incontinence supplies. All of these items and more are available for a fee at any upscale hotel.

The one last thing that I would recommend is leaving a tip to the house keep staff. When I've stayed in a hotel for extended stay like what you have described, I always got the names of each person that cleaned my room and changed my bed. Most of the time this was not more than a few different ppl, so a thank you card along with a $10, or $20 dollar bill sealed inside envelope address to each person was my final touch and farewell. Everyone likes a "Thank You". Enjoy your stay.

When you see so many great replies in such a short time to help someone you just gotta :wub:this site even more :D

Wet beds are common at hotels :blush: Unless the mattress is really soaked, the norm is for housekeeping to just turn the mattress over after using a spray to kill any odor- you'll hear nothing for that :whistling: If it's soaked so bad they have to remove it from the room there may be an unspecified "extra cleaning" fee on your bill :rolleyes: At least that's what a couple girls in that business told me :angel_not: I never had any charges but I've wet my share back in my drinking days (now ended) B) Twice I've seen mattresses being carted down the hall by the maintenance guys- luckily not mine :o Follow the advice already given and you'll do fine :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

buy some diapers, and put a towel down.. if you are a bedwetter, i assume you do something at your own house to protect your matress

as for housekeeping... hang up the do not disturb sign.. although many hotels if a person is staying more than 3-4 nights, do not come to clean the room everyday...

Typically, the housekeeping people tend to heed the "don not disturb/no housekeeping right now" sign. Though, if you're goinna be there for an extended period of time, they may have some rule about having to do up the room every so often. Presumably, you'll need to go to the store or out to eat or something. Leave the sign down then and you'll usually return to a cleaned room. Just remember to keep your valuables stashed somewhere where they shouldn't be able to get at it...

And by all means, inform the hotel of your needs. Otherwise, you may end up having to pay for damages (replacement mattress, etc). Unless it's one of those really run-down ones, where they just don't care anymore...

I have never had a problem at a hotel, I explain when I make my reservation and then again when I am checking in (If I am by myself, otherwise if the room isn't set up correctly then I call housekeeping)

Most hotels handle the request well, I have had a few flat out tell me they do not provide mattress protection. I always travel with a vinyl backed cloth underpad I purchased from walmart (have been through a couple actually now) That way I have something regardless of what the hotel has. I've had leak situations where the underpad caught it all, and the hotel laundry washed dryed and returned the pad to me by bedtime. Always tip the housekeepers and they will generally take good care of you.

Head down to Walmart, get their cheapest shower curtain. I get 1 for about $4.00.

Next, check into hotel room. peel back sheet from matress. Put shower curtain over

matress. Put sheet back on. Lay down on bed, enjoy the crinkle sound of a bedwetter's

bed.

Then everyday when housekeeping comes in to clean the room, the gal will smile when

she makes your bed. Yes... she will hear the crinkle too - and know that you wet the bed!

I spent a week in a hotel last year just like that.. The maid always gave me a big smile.

I never knew if it was because she was just friendly, or because she knew I was a bedwetter!

In addition to the shower curtain on the bed, I always had my cotton diapers and plastic

pants drying on a portable drying rack in the bathroom.