LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is It Really A Fetish?

Okay so I've been into diapers since age 4 or earlier. The interest in diapers again appeared in puberty and now at the age of 49 I'm into diapers more than ever.

No doubt in my teens into adult life it was a fetish. Since I enjoyed diapers so much I was very comfortable with them. So it was no surprised that I made diapers a lifestyle. I wear diapers about half of the day and have successfully trained myself to wet at night. So at night for convenience I wear diapers and during the day for the fetish.

So here's my question, if one starts an interest at age 4 or younger can it really be called a fetish at that age? Skip ahead to current day, based on my past and the convenience factor is this still considered a fetish? What could one call it?

• Like 1

The word "fetish" has several definitions including: sexual attraction to an object (probably not associated with a four-year-old's attraction to something) as well as an unusual use for an object or out of the ordinary use of a common object. I suppose that could include using diapers for sexual stimulation because that wasn't their intended purpose originally. (Does opening a paint can with a screwdriver count?)

I know this one quite well since people mix it up extremely frequently: A fetish is a uncommon attraction to an object or action. (The key word is uncommon, I cannot stress this enough. Breasts are not fetishes!!!)

To answer your question:

I would say so. Even though it appears that sexuality is not active in a younger child, they are actually quite subconsciously involved in it.

http://en.wikipedia....ual_development

Do what you will with it. I think it's fascinating.

(Does opening a paint can with a screwdriver count?)

I love it! This alone shows how twisted up we can become when we focus too closely on the 'meaning' of a word.

I'm not at all saying that PhilDL was looking too closely at the word, but there have been so many posts where we have, in my opinion, over analyzed words.

I see Phil's point - a 4 year old isn't thinking sex so much. I do think it's been clearly pointed out by many people already that our view of diapers is so varied that it is hard to categorize us in general. For some, diapers are sexual and so very much fetish. For others, it is something else entirely and an individual thing.

Beyond that, how we view diapers and use them in our lives may very well change over a period of time.

And what DOES it mean that I open paint cans with screwdrivers???

Others answered, but this is why I sometimes put quotations around the word "fetish" ... I don't know how but the English language just doesn't have enough words. :P A blanket that a child clings to is also a fetish, crosses and pentacles are fetishes, the word is really not sexual on it's own it's just many people have fetishes that arouse them.

The word "fetish" has several definitions including: sexual attraction to an object (probably not associated with a four-year-old's attraction to something) as well as an unusual use for an object or out of the ordinary use of a common object. I suppose that could include using diapers for sexual stimulation because that wasn't their intended purpose originally. (Does opening a paint can with a screwdriver count?)

Not unless you're using a Phillips head, star head, or one of those interchangeable-head screwdrivers. Paint can lids are perty much designed to be opened with a flathead screwdriver. Using a screwdriver as a punch may be a better example of what you were going for...

Children are full of fetish and fixation. The dummy. The favorite stuffed animal that has to go everywhere with the child. Diapers. Children sometimes resist giving these things up. Babies need diapers. Some adults need diapers. For them it is not a fetish. When adults have difficulty giving unnecessary things or practices up it becomes a fetish.

-DR

Okay so I've been into diapers since age 4 or earlier. The interest in diapers again appeared in puberty and now at the age of 49 I'm into diapers more than ever.

No doubt in my teens into adult life it was a fetish. Since I enjoyed diapers so much I was very comfortable with them. So it was no surprised that I made diapers a lifestyle. I wear diapers about half of the day and have successfully trained myself to wet at night. So at night for convenience I wear diapers and during the day for the fetish.

So here's my question, if one starts an interest at age 4 or younger can it really be called a fetish at that age? Skip ahead to current day, based on my past and the convenience factor is this still considered a fetish? What could one call it?

At that age I doubt it could be a sexual fetish, but it could become one. If I were four and found a vibrator I wouldn't have a clue what it was, except that it buzzed and it looked kind of neat :rolleyes: Add a decade and I'd see it in a totally different way even though it didn't change one bit :roflmao:

As for diapers there are many attractions and everyone's 'mileage' varies :blush: If you want them to be a fetish they can be (and a really good one :D ) but they can be many other things to you too- naughtiness, comfort, safety from 'accidents', a way of being different, and much more :whistling: I wouldn't worry so much what it meant to me or whether it was right or wrong :angel_not:If it makes you happy and it's not hurting anyone innocent, just accept the happiness B) because there's never too much of that to not have some more :thumbsup:

Bettypooh