LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Properly Put On Brief?

Hi, I haven't posted on here in a looooong time. But as soon as i got internet I'm back on.

Anyway to my questin, I just bought some dry 24/7 max abosrbency (Amazing Diapers), and my problem is

I can't seem to put them on "that perfect way" I end up readjusting constantly. I just wondered if anyone had

any hints or could offer me some good advice. Thanks

What works best for me is to stand against a wall, door or tall furniture and pull the back of the brief up behind me, using the wall to hold it in place. I put it slightly higher than where I want it to eventually sit, then pull the front up making sure it is snug between my legs. I tape the top left, then top right; bottom right then bottom left.

Some lay down to diaper, but with disposables I find this can make them too snug when standing and moving and cause the tapes to tear.

I subscribe to the 'laying down' method when putting on a diaper. I always do the bottom tapes first and then get the top two tapes pretty snug....but not too tight to cause tape tearing problems.....

Even better is to have someone else put you in the diaper.....but that is a whole other article :)

I've even pre-assembled the diaper before hand and pulling them on like underwear...but that method takes some trial and error and is difficult to get right even at the best of times.....

As always YMMV...

i use the standing method too. i use tena's and do the following:

1- prep supplies in an easily accessable spot within arm's reach (boosters, powder, wipes, etc on a table, dresser, so on)

1b- apply ointment/oil if needed/wanted

2- unfold and fluff diaper and place behind back and lean against wall

3- give a test fit, front and back of diaper should be more or less even

4- gently tug diaper up between legs, adjust hieghts if needed

5- tuck one front side flap under rear flap and secure bottom tape

6- tuck other front flap and snugly secure bottom tape. at this time you can also get off the wall

7- adjust bewteen legs

8- squirt powder down front and rear of diaper, gently fluff/shake diaper to distribute

9- snugly secure 3rd and 4th tapes

10- make final adjustments for a snug and comfy fit

11 (optional)- get dressed

hope this helps!

very nice reply diaperguy85..

i agree with both methods mentioned, against the wall or laying down.

To me, laying down works better as i tend to get a ore snug fit, however i do against the wall method if i want to be quick. i just put on my first 24/7 max absorbency to try as well, and i am amazed already. I am the kind of person that wont change doing any specific thing as long as it works out fine, same goes for diapers. I have always used Aben Abri X-plus size large which is too big for my 32 inch waist but the fit is exactly what i look for in a diaper. I did order Bambino in medium however as i wanted it to be a slightly slim everyday style diaper that i can wear out since the abena has too much bulk to hide. while i was ordering 24.7 max absorbency from www.xpmedical.com, i was aiming to get it in large since i thought it would compete with the abena. Their advice was to order it in medium since the sizes are larger than most diapers, i still dont know how i feel about that fact. ___ ( non the less ) ___

heres what i do

1. open up your chosen diaper and make sure you unfuold every piece of the diaper. By that i mean undo any folds that caused the diaper to be pressed down during manufacturing.

2. after washing up and applying any products youd like to apply, hold the diaper with your bum against the wall (make sure absolutely no baby oil, cream, or powder is on your hand or in contact with the front of the diaper or the tapes.

3. my advice if ur a guy is to have the front end of the diaper out more than needed, then start pulling the diaper from the back while holding the front against your package. this causes your privates to be pointed down properly and fitting nicely.

4. when the diaper's front and back are leveled, pull the front flaps one at a time to your side firmly and strong.

5. first tape either side from the bottom tape, then the opposite side's lower tape and then tape the top ones.

optional:

1. i hate loose diapers and hate leaking so i put on plastic pants

3. then i put on an onesie and on top of that a high-waist pair of leggings and then wear whatever you were intending to wear, i assure you the effect will be a very snug, comfortable, dependable fit.

It is a trial and error thing until you find the right sequence for you, I read all the tips but still do it my way when I diaper up.

Another thing you will find almost every diaper company's diapers fit differently and you need to try different things to get the fit you like.

Experiment and find what works for you, after all we are all built different, what works on my skinny body might not work for you.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks will_2k! your method is quite good too.

with me that whole thing takes less than 2 min if i take my time with it.

but like beallucanb said; to each their own, everyone has to find their own way that works

so just keep on wearing!! :D

One thing I can offer as some help in the YMMV area is the following:

My bed is just high enough that I can successfully balance the middle of a diaper right on the corner. If I'm looking to be a 'quick change artist'. If I'm in a hurry I can take off old, pull new through from behind and get the first tape on a lot easier. The first tape is ALWAYS the bugger for me no matter how I change. This helps in that I get a 'third hand' to help hold things up.

cheers,

dp

There's also the possibility that the diapers are too big on you as well if you can't get them tight enough to fit. You might try a smaller size if available to see how the smaller size fits you. You'll just have to keep trying the trial and error method until you find out what works for you.

I find that folding it lengthwise and then pulling it in between your legs(either laying on your side or standing) works wonders. It seems to be an often overlooked 'trick' as well. This way you can make sure that you have it adjusted lengthwise before fooling with tape symmetry.

Also a big advocate of bottom tapes pointing up slightly and top tapes running as horizontal as possible.

Keep trying till you find what works for you ;) As you can see there is no one 'right' way for everyone ^_^ The only thing I can add is to really pay attention to how you fit the diaper and where you put the tapes- especially the first one :angel_not: If you get the first one just right, the others will find the right place for you a lot more easily :thumbsup: Plus doing that makes analyzing the method a lot easier as you experiment :blush: If you're really off the mark to start and can't re-apply the tapes without tearing the plastic, just cut them and use seperate tape to refit :D

Bettypooh