LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers/Nappies

Forced2wet

Looking for advice and knowledge from experienced AB/DLs who have used cloth diapers/nappies.

Since getting back into this 'thing' I have only ever worn disposable products. Currently my nappy/diaper of choice is the Abri X plus M4. In this disposable I can wet up to four times before I need to change (Which is quite important as I enjoy the feeling of a wet/full/heavy nappy/diaper)

I'm thinking of buying a terry product to try. How many times can you wet a cloth nappy/diaper before it should be changed or leaks?

Just for the record I always wear my plastic pants with disposables and shall do with the cloth nappy/diaper as well

Thanks in advance for all help :)

I have been wearing cloth diapers, at night, for most of my life.

I prefer gauze or birdseye diapers.

If you buy new diapers, wash them before wearing!

For covering my diapers, I use plastic overpants

I sometimes use talic or cornstarch based powder.

I wear flat rectangular diapers with pins. (one on each side. Some people use 2 pins per side.)

My wife washes my diapers in Tide or Dreft detergent. Never use bleach! Never use an electric or gas dryer on plastic pants. Plastic pants last longer if they air dry.

I keep a diaper pail in the bedroom. It is a dry pail. The only thing wet in the pail are the diapers.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Looking for advice and knowledge from experienced AB/DLs who have used cloth diapers/nappies.

Since getting back into this 'thing' I have only ever worn disposable products. Currently my nappy/diaper of choice is the Abri X plus M4. In this disposable I can wet up to four times before I need to change (Which is quite important as I enjoy the feeling of a wet/full/heavy nappy/diaper)

I'm thinking of buying a terry product to try. How many times can you wet a cloth nappy/diaper before it should be changed or leaks?

Just for the record I always wear my plastic pants with disposables and shall do with the cloth nappy/diaper as well

Good advice RDB... I completely agree w/ you (and also only use 1 pin per side).

The one other thing that I do is have my dry diaper pail next to the washing machine. When I either change or take my diapers off in the morning, I run them through rinse cycle in the washer. From there they go to the pail.

CDL

Which is quite important as I enjoy the feeling of a wet/full/heavy nappy/diaper)

if you have a pair of safety pins and since you already have plastic pants, then all you need is a diaper, of sorts.

you can pin on terry toweling if that is the cloth of your choice, but I suggest you go to your local mercantile

and look in the bedding department. One choice is to get a "fleece" throw to use as a diaper and stuff it with

your terry. Another choice is to buy a twin size flat flannel sheet blanket, fold this to fit and pin it on. Both

choices have wonderful and subtle tactile qualities when used as diapers and both should hold quite a lot of fluid.

I, like many DL's, use super soft gauze with a birdseye outer diaper. Many disposable lovers claim that cloth is too expensive.

That is a false observation. I got my gauze diapers in 2004 for about $25 a dozen and still have plenty of life left in them.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

How many times you can wet a cloth diaper before it leaks is primarily dependent on the thickness of the diaper. I am not a huge fan of cloth myself, primarily because of the smell and the extra effort it takes to launder them, but theoretically you can layer them on as thick as you can find plastic pants to comfortably cover.

How many times you can wet a cloth diaper depends on the diaper. I have some thin discreet daytime cloth diapers. After two wettings they need to be changed. I also have some really thick cloth night time diapers. These are way too thick to wear in public, but I can wet four or five times before needing a change...

Assuming it's not ridiculously thick, you can probably get about two fair-sized wettings in a cloth diaper on it's own before you run the risk of leaking when you sit down, etc. Remember that you need more padding than with a disposable for the same amount of pee because with no gel, it can always be pressed out of a cloth diaper. Wrapped elastics on the pants are a good idea but they will still leak more much more readily than a disposable+pants combo. For more absorbency, you can roughly add one more average size wetting for each stuffer you include. So if you want a cloth diaper diaper to last as long as say an Abena X-Plus, you'd probably want to add three or even four stuffers to the diaper. If you want it to last as long as a Dry 24/7, you'd probably need 6 or so.

Make sure you position the stuffers in the diaper with thought for where you're going to need them. Towards the butt if you're going to bed and are a back-sleeper, across the centre and along the relevant side if you're a side-sleeper and towards the crotch and front for daytime use. If you put stuffers in the wrong place, they count for nothing.

As for what stuffers to use, start with the Gerber toddler pre-folds from Wally World. They're quite thirsty and you can fold them however you need for the position you're putting them in. They're also quite cheap, I think I paid about $8 to $10 for 12 of them. You can get bigger and better ones online also.

[edit] I've just noticed I've done what always used to my pet peeve when I lived in the UK and assumed you're US-based :blush:, sorry :lol:. I'm sure baby cloth diapers can be found in larger branches of Boots or at Babies R Us.

It also depends on your volume of urine. I wear cloth diapers to bed every night. I wake up in a dry bed. During the night i wet right through Abenas and Secures!

I am a large person so my diapers are larger. If you are comparing, It is hard to compare apples to oranges.

How many times you can wet a cloth diaper before it leaks is primarily dependent on the thickness of the diaper. I am not a huge fan of cloth myself, primarily because of the smell and the extra effort it takes to launder them, but theoretically you can layer them on as thick as you can find plastic pants to comfortably cover.

Autie AB probably has the best advice. I find three times is about the limit - equivalent to a good night on the beer. In the UK, if you are going to use the traditional terry squares they will just about hold it, but a trip to IKEA will get you some very cheap boosters. Making your own is not very satisfactory because you cannot often get a bath towel wide enough (unless you are very slim).

Nappies of good quality are available from:

http://cosyndry.com/category/terry-diapers/

http://www.hbenterprises.co.uk/Site_Map_GW.html (caters more for the fetish trade at quite high prices - and their pants and mostly for appearance only.)

http://www.kosikare.co.uk/shop/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=1198

There is a formula for working out the size. Look here:- http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25535&pid=363816&st=0&#entry363816. If you can't do it on your calculator, then reply with your waist measurement and I 'll work it out for you.

Remember to buy some pins. Washing is fairly simple - use 60°C, and they are best dried in a tumble drier at the lauderette with easy-iron sheets. I've been doing it for years, and nobody notices as long as there are plenty of other clothes in there, and you don't fold them up in public! (Do not use a fabric conditioner as it destroys that absorbancy.) Do not use bleach.

There is plenty of cheap stuff around with synthetic materials which look good but don't work as well. Ditto plastic pants.

There is a formula for working out the size. Look here:- http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25535&pid=363816&st=0&#entry363816. If you can't do it on your calculator, then reply with your waist measurement and I 'll work it out for you.

Best plastic pants are at

http://www.shop4pvc.co.uk/pull-on-pants/euroflex-translucent-ultra-soft-polyurethane-pants/prod_66.html

but there are cheaper ones available if you just want to try them. PVC doesn't last as long, and unenclosed elastics tend to leak at the back of the leg seams.

Generally they are

Bulkier (they can make you waddle a bit, and they are harder to conceal)

Heavier (you will need a romper if you wear them during the day)

More comfortable (no sticky sides)

Less inclined to leak (especially if you tuck the legs in all round)

Will take a side-wetting without leaking,

Easier to conceal in your home, because they look exactly like other towels (only lacking a selvedge)

and they are cheaper in the long run. (Just don't crap in them)

Good luck and enjoy yourself.