LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Gots Some Diaper Questions

Michelle

Hiho

I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this but it sorta looks like the right place.

OK

In your opinion what is the best store bought adult diaper? Not online but a place I can run to like Wal-Mart and Walgreens ect.

Whats the best online diaper you can order and what things do you like about them?

Are there any brands you would not buy?

thanks, Michelle

• Like 1

They sell Molicares in some stores right? I'd probably say those are the best non-online diaper.

My favorite is Bambino for online diapers though. *nods*

And there are a lot of brands to avoid, and the DD "Reviews" page does a good job of noting those.

-Sophie

best store bought diaper in hawaii at the local walmart is Assurance.

As far as online goes... there are many i buy either from XPMedical.com or bambinodiapers.com

DRY 24/7 hold up well --- and anytime one can get into a bambino go for it you will like them.

The store-brand diapers from Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens are all the same thing in different packaging. The best you'll get besides those is Depends. Put a baby diaper stuffer in those (preferably Pampers or Luvs, as they both smell really nice) and you'll have the best that you can get unless you go to a medical supply shop or order online. Hopefully that helps. :)

I would also check out your local thrift stores, I always find good deals on diapers there, and always good brands that you just can't find at a grocery store. Other than that, a Depend with a stuffer in it is the best way to go for store bought. Good luck

How about trying a medical supply store...They have access to most diapers out there...If they don't have what your looking for you can work something out with the store where they custom order the diaper you want.

I would agree with the above posters at a place like Wal-Mart or Walgreens Depend is probably the best option. As for ordering I like Secure X-Plus. Many of the online stores will offer sample packs. www.hdis.com offers a "variety pack" (sample pack) for 9.95 and you can choose between pullups and brief (diapers). http://www.securepersonalcare.com/ is another place where you can order samples of the Secure line. XP Medical also offers samples (at least they did). The samples would be a good place to start to find out what you like and what feels good to you as everyone has their own tastes.

I'll echo what PVC said. Medical supply stores will have the best diapers on hand, but can also get you samples and special order things they don't normally carry--just don't ask for Bambinos.

But if you find a small, independent pharmacy, like a Good Neighbor Pharmacy, they often carry Tena. If you're lucky, they carry Tena Super (if you can get the Super Stretch, even better), which is their highest absorbency. They're no Abena X-Plus, but they'll hold at least three-four full wettings before leaking, and will last 10 hours or so under normal use.

-RMS

But if you find a small, independent pharmacy

Yep, find an old fashioned Mom & Pop drug store - I've been in several around here and they have more and better diapers than any supermarket or large chain pharmacy.

Failing that, can you still buy Molicares from Walmart's website and have them shipped site-to-store? You certainly used to be able to order them online, have them shipped to the local store and pick it up from customer service.

The store-brand diapers from Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens are all the same thing in different packaging. The best you'll get besides those is Depends. Put a baby diaper stuffer in those (preferably Pampers or Luvs, as they both smell really nice) and you'll have the best that you can get unless you go to a medical supply shop or order online. Hopefully that helps. :)

A baby diaper stuffer, wow what a cool idea. So your in a real baby diaper yet it fits.:thumbsup:

Thanks

I would also check out your local thrift stores, I always find good deals on diapers there, and always good brands that you just can't find at a grocery store. Other than that, a Depend with a stuffer in it is the best way to go for store bought. Good luck

Yes sometimes I have seen big plastic bag filled with adult diapers, that might be cool, thanks

I'll echo what PVC said. Medical supply stores will have the best diapers on hand, but can also get you samples and special order things they don't normally carry--just don't ask for Bambinos.

But if you find a small, independent pharmacy, like a Good Neighbor Pharmacy, they often carry Tena. If you're lucky, they carry Tena Super (if you can get the Super Stretch, even better), which is their highest absorbency. They're no Abena X-Plus, but they'll hold at least three-four full wettings before leaking, and will last 10 hours or so under normal use.

-RMS

What happends if you ask for Bambinos? I'm just asking as I don't wanna embarrass myself or nothing.

What happends if you ask for Bambinos? I'm just asking as I don't wanna embarrass myself or nothing.

I would think that asking for Bambinos would "out" you and your true reason for needing diapers. In order to obtain Bambino diapers, the people at the store would have to go online, where it would be pretty clear who their target market group is.

That's what I meant.

-RMS

I've tried many different brands of disposable diaper, and the best one I have found is the Tena Maxi. Unfortunately, it is only available online, or in some shops in the UK.

However, the standard 'generic' adult diapers work well once you pad it with a baby diaper - ie a Pampers or Huggies. The best baby diaper (for padding) that I have found is the Pampers 'Active Fit' Size 4 / 5.

To make a insert from the pampers active fit...

Open up said diaper, tear from the tab to the front of the diaper each side down the perforation marks. Tear off the leg gathers. This allows the diaper to lie flat. Turn the diaper face down, and then peel off the velcro patch. This will allow you to now get the paper backing off - this should come off as one. Looking at the plastic backing, you will notice that the plastic is glued on in stripes. In-between these stripes, you can tear off the plastic using a fingernail, or a pencil. Two or three of these gaps are all that is needed. This will allow the pampers, when wet, to weep into the adult diaper.

Place the insert into the adult diaper, centering the diaper to land under your crotch. The remaining 'sticky bits' will help the Pampers to stay put in the adult diaper.

Using this type of insert, I doubt if you can wet the diaper enough to get it to leak.

Hiho

I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this but it sorta looks like the right place.

OK

In your opinion what is the best store bought adult diaper? Not online but a place I can run to like Wal-Mart and Walgreens ect.

Whats the best online diaper you can order and what things do you like about them?

Are there any brands you would not buy?

thanks, Michelle

The only diapers I've ever bought in a store are Depend. They're ok, but very thin, but not bad if you double them up :).

Online, I'd recommend Abena X-Plus, DryCare 24/7 (which I just tried for the first time over this past week, and they are awesome), or Bambinos (I've only tried the Classico and Bianco, not the Teddy's, but I'd love to try them).

Some stores like rite aid have their generic store brands....which are ....ok I guess, depending on what you like. I have noticed they also have Tena...I think, I haven't looked at the packages..so they might just be pads or guards and not 'briefs'

On-line, take your pick, again depending on what you want. I usually buy from either Xp Medical for Abena X's and recently the dry 24/7's (amazing product!)

And magic medical for Providers choice briefs, which are really neat. They fit well (me anyways) have a really cool velcro closure system and they hold a good amount, but are discrete as well, and have all the expected features (elastic waistband, standing leak guards, minimal wetness indicator) and they are white.

I also occasionally order from Secure personal care for their secure X plus which is another great product, an ofcoarse Bambino for either their Biancos or the new teddy's

Other then that I wear cloth when I can...

Hope this helps

and happy shopping

OH! and if you don't have a fav brand yet, order the sample packs first and try a bunch of different ones....it's better then ordering a case and being unhappy :)

CVS Pharmacy has started to carry TENA as a regular item, so if you have a CVS in your area, check there for those. In addition to CVS, several grocery stores in the area have also picked up TENA, so your mileage may vary. I noticed that both TENA pull-on diapers for men and women were stocked at my local CVS so they definitely had more then pads and guards; I didn't check for briefs or even the pull-ons to be quite honest. Simply put, they caught my eye in passing because I've never seen TENA in a local store until recently, but then again, I generally stick to baby/youth (i.e. GoodNites) diapers, some of which fit me perfectly, so I haven't had a need to look into "adult" diapers yet.

I would think that asking for Bambinos would "out" you and your true reason for needing diapers. In order to obtain Bambino diapers, the people at the store would have to go online, where it would be pretty clear who their target market group is.

That's what I meant.

-RMS

OK I still didn't understand why you would not wanna ask for Bambinos, until just now when I visited there site.

Wow no wonder everyone likes them, they are soooo cute! And I hear they work well too. I bit expensive but I suppose all diapers are.

Now I want some of them...:wub:

I'm amazed how it was specifically stated this thread was about store bought brands and there is more discussion about what can be purchased on-line.

Personally I like the Attends brand poly backed diapers like the Attends with Waistband and the Attends 10. There are only a couple of pharmacies around here that carry them. If I can't get out to those store then I will get Tena which are also a well manufactured diaper.