LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nursing Homes Or Mental Hospitals

I was wondering if anybody knows if nursing homes or mental hospitals have adult baby programs . Such as putting paitients in diapers and relating to them in a childish ways . I have heard that some paitients are given blocks, and that some institutions use baby bottles to assist in drinking . True or False ? :biker_h4h:

its highly unlikely, but some dangerous patients would be diapered and force to wear straitjackets so they dont injure themselves or other.

False.

Although some equipment used in therapy sessions with adults with sensory impairments and or special educational needs are/ look like baby toys.

But seriously if you are thinking mental hospitals would be a fun place to be. Trust me they are not. You'd be in a ward with lots of different people with lots of different problems, separated by a curtain.... Curtains are not sound proof, you can hear them screaming, shouting, moaning, talking to people who aren't there. Not nice places at all.

Lanny

• Like 2

its highly unlikely, but some dangerous patients would be diapered and force to wear straitjackets so they dont injure themselves or other.

Not even sure if that would be the case either. If someone is physically able to use the bathroom then I'm pretty sure they would be allowed to use the bathroom. But I don't know for sure.

• Like 2

Having worked in several nursing homes I can say while many items are similar we were not to refer to them in a childish context.

Bibs = clothing protectors

Sippy cups = Spill-Proof cups

Diapers = briefs

The psychiatric hospitals I was committed too never treated me patronisingly or babyish. They're was a seriously ill women in the room next to mine who I heard the nurse say to one night 'put this nappy on darling so you're comfortable tonight'. I noticed many different sizes of nappies in the store cupboard when they got me some hospital pyjamas which are fantastic with nappies. I got my sister to pack some of my nappies when she brought my suitcase for me. I was too scared to walk around the ward wearing because I was on observation all the time but when in my room I felt somewhat institutionalised with my totally plastic backed mattress and pillows. I would kick off just for the pills they calm you down with. Man that made me feel institutionalised big time. I loved it.

• Like 1

I have been admitted three times into a mental hospital. Diapered all three times as I am incontinent. I actually got in trouble in one because I changed into a diaper in the shower room where others might see, as opposed to in my room behind a curtain. Not really any baby like behavior or babying in there though.

Those that said so are absolutely right, mental hospitals are horrible, if you weren't crazy to begin with it'll certainly make you so. there are some truly messed up people in there, and you'll realize that you are one of the poor bastards. it truly is a madhouse, or Bedlam to use the metaphors. I have heard others say how fun it might be to be diapered in the loony bin but I assure you it is just this side of hell. besides if you try to fake your way into the places they'll figure it out and diagnose you with malingering, munchausens, or hypochondria. and they might just decide to keep you in until they cure that as some kind of karmic joke. not to mention you will be permanently stamped with the label mentally ill, you lose all credibility for good. from now on any time you even complain of a sprained ankle everybody will 'clear' it with your psychiatrist just to make sure it is not psychosomatic. You also lose some god given american born rights such as but not limited to purchasing firearms, adopting children and more.

But don't let me stop you from admitting yourself to your local funny farm, those hug yourself jackets are actually quite comfortable.

• Thanks 1

Those that said so are absolutely right, mental hospitals are horrible, if you weren't crazy to begin with it'll certainly make you so. there are some truly messed up people in there, and you'll realize that you are one of the poor bastards. it truly is a madhouse, or Bedlam to use the metaphors.

Agreed.

• Like 2

the point of a psychiatric facility is to facilitate in helping adults become functioning members of society i.e. to help them act like adults.. not babies....

it would be considered abuse to subject an adult to that...

nursing homes are the same... now clothing protectors make sense if a person has had a stroke or other impairment which makes spilling food a distinct possibility.. but i've never seen 'spill proof cups' its called a cup with a lid and a straw....

According to my source in the industry, regressive therapy, although rare, is still a legit, accepted, and effective practice when used and performed properly. However, it doesn't get taken to the extent that many of us are imagining.

If you want to know what a mental hospital is like, live in a Seattle shelter for a week. ;) It's not fun, and you never know what you'll get ... sorta like Russian Roulette without the gun.

Note: The reason I say this is because Seattle shut down almost all it's mental institutions because "they were a waste of money", according to some idiot in charge, so all the patients wound up in the shelters with all the functional homeless who were just between homes.

If you want to know what a mental hospital is like, live in a Seattle shelter for a week. ;) It's not fun, and you never know what you'll get ... sorta like Russian Roulette without the gun.

Note: The reason I say this is because Seattle shut down almost all it's mental institutions because "they were a waste of money", according to some idiot in charge, so all the patients wound up in the shelters with all the functional homeless who were just between homes.

Here in NC in yr 2000 we decided that privatizing mental health care would make it more available and cheaper. The flood of businesses that stole money from the state of NC was astronomical. They came in here and had the necessary paperwork to qualify for state payment except that they didn't provide mental health care. Now we have no money for mental health and no mental health-care system.

Anondl

I spent 6months of last year in a nursing/rehab facility in south milwaukee,wis.I am incon.I suffered two badly broken legs/cocxyx which severed my spinal cord/a broken humurus (the upper bone in our arm)3 fingers had pins in them and I had an IV in my other arm plus they harvested alot of skin from that arm because they had to do faciotomies on my legs.Obviously I was in real poor shape,I didn't care about them haing to diaper me I've learned to accept it as part of my life.When it came to eating something or drinking I orginally had a feeding tube ran up my nose but when that came out I was really nervous about trying to eat and told them that.They were the nicest caregivers I could've ever asked for,I wouldn't call it babying me but I had to wear either a big bib or a towel and someone would either feed me each meal or my gf would.I think that most of the people in the nursing/caregiver fields have either seen all,heard it all or done it all.They told me several times not to worry or be embarassed everything wasn't my fault.To this day as now I am paralyzed I still keep in touch with them.true angels

Here in NC in yr 2000 we decided that privatizing mental health care would make it more available and cheaper. The flood of businesses that stole money from the state of NC was astronomical. They came in here and had the necessary paperwork to qualify for state payment except that they didn't provide mental health care. Now we have no money for mental health and no mental health-care system.

Anondl

Yeah, the opposite extreme of an issue is generally no better than the other extreme. ;) This is why I keep screaming about finding a middle ground ... but oh well, no one listens to moderates.

I was just curious if most of the people in the mental institute could be treated w?ith medication and just chose not to take it? Heard about this guy who thought his parents were working of the CIA and all this shit and killed them, all because he chose not to take his medication and the doctors and nurses at the institute allowed him to not take the medication.

Also why doesn't New York sue the private industires that did not do shit to help the people?

Also wondering for those that have been to an institute if it would have been easier if they just stuck you with people who had the same illness as you did?

I'm starting to think that the whole abdl thing is primal theropy. I often wonder if the companionship of friends and financial security would help with the abusive situations some of us went through or if embracing infantilism is the way to treat it?

Also I heard about this program called "beeing reborn" or "rebirthing" its basically you between two pillows beeing pushed on while you try and get out to simulate actual birth.

I was just curious if most of the people in the mental institute could be treated w?ith medication and just chose not to take it? Heard about this guy who thought his parents were working of the CIA and all this shit and killed them, all because he chose not to take his medication and the doctors and nurses at the institute allowed him to not take the medication.

Also why doesn't New York sue the private industires that did not do shit to help the people?

Also wondering for those that have been to an institute if it would have been easier if they just stuck you with people who had the same illness as you did?

I'm starting to think that the whole abdl thing is primal theropy. I often wonder if the companionship of friends and financial security would help with the abusive situations some of us went through or if embracing infantilism is the way to treat it?

Also I heard about this program called "beeing reborn" or "rebirthing" its basically you between two pillows beeing pushed on while you try and get out to simulate actual birth.

First question: Most won't allow that, they will force you to take the meds in some way, sadly.

Third question: Usually not a good idea, they can compound each other increasing the severity in many instances.

The rebirthing is a tradition some groups use, typically religiously. Whether it helps anyone or not, meh, it may or may not. It's like the christian baptism, and there's more to it than just pushing through pillows, lots of ritualistic stuff.

Age regression therapy is something that is used very rarely, and with little visible success, so it's usually discredited by most. The problem with cases of abuse is that they do need to learn to escape the past, not relive it, so therapy for such victims is generally learning to move forward or past the pain and into a new life, regression for them would just drudge up old wounds and force them to relive the nightmares. Another thing abuse victims have to learn is to be completely independent, it's the dependence on others that keeps them returning to the old cycle of abuse. I have actually helped a few such victims while I was living in the shelters because of my own childhood abuse, it wasn't considered abuse back when I was young so it wasn't even noticed until I was older. Abuse has no simple answer to it, but regressing isn't a good idea, at least until the victim is already past the pain. Now embracing something that is different and makes you stand out can in fact be beneficial to abuse, it teaches you that you don't need approval of anyone else. For me it was my style of clothing that was my way of standing out, I have always liked the flare of children's fashions (not as much of the latest decade though) ... so by learning not to worry about what people think about how I dressed has helped me a lot. But for each person it will be a different mechanism, it must be tailored to each individual to get real results.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if these are real questions or not.

Even if there were institutions that used this kind of thing often, the point of it would not be to cater to a fantasy, but to treat someone for a mental problem. If you just kept going back, they'd try something else because obviously it would not be working.

But Kitten's right. Most of this stuff has been discredited, though a rare few do still use it anyway, like having someone hit pillows when he or she is upset. It is still practiced, but has been shown to just amp people up rather than alleviate the feelings.

But seriously, are there people who think that mental hospitals and nursing homes have "adult baby programs" where they can go to fulfill their fantasies 24/7 for free and all you have to do is fail a psych test? I think this makes for a better fantasy than reality anyway.

Guest BambooLand

I wish I could remember the name of this movie I saw like 5 years ago. It took place in a mental facility and one pacient is an adult baby. The therapy giver is a hot chick(blond)who questions the guy about his "thing" Then the group started to crack jokes at him... So I guess if you were in a mental facility, anything goes and you could probably walk around in diapers and get away with it. You'd probably be very popular with the nurses.

I know if I make it in there, I'm wearing diapers 24/7 and let everyone know it! loll. why the hell not?

I wish I could remember the name of this movie I saw like 5 years ago. It took place in a mental facility and one pacient is an adult baby. The therapy giver is a hot chick(blond)who questions the guy about his "thing" Then the group started to crack jokes at him... So I guess if you were in a mental facility, anything goes and you could probably walk around in diapers and get away with it. You'd probably be very popular with the nurses.

I know if I make it in there, I'm wearing diapers 24/7 and let everyone know it! loll. why the hell not?

o.O Seriously? I have never known any nurse, nor had one, that enjoys changing diapers in any way. There probably are some out there but I doubt it's common enough to even create a credible statistic. Here's the thing, do not base reality on what you see in movies, that's just dangerous. As for "anything goes" ... no it doesn't, they drug you into a stupor if you don't cooperate, they drug you into a stupor if they don't like .... the only people that "anything goes" in such a place are the staff, as a patient you have very little rights because you have been deemed unable to function on your own. They tell you how many lights there are, and even if they are wrong you have to take their word for it.

Guest BambooLand

o.O Seriously? I have never known any nurse, nor had one, that enjoys changing diapers in any way. There probably are some out there but I doubt it's common enough to even create a credible statistic. Here's the thing, do not base reality on what you see in movies, that's just dangerous. As for "anything goes" ... no it doesn't, they drug you into a stupor if you don't cooperate, they drug you into a stupor if they don't like .... the only people that "anything goes" in such a place are the staff, as a patient you have very little rights because you have been deemed unable to function on your own. They tell you how many lights there are, and even if they are wrong you have to take their word for it.

Err I meant as in popular with nurses as the "guy who thinks he's a baby and wears diapers....as in funny or cute not having to change his diapers. In a mental institution I simply meant that anything goes as far as getting away with a fetish like diaper wearing. They would probably let one do it if it keeps them calm and happy. How can you drud a guy to stupor that likes diapers on and sucks his thumb? I mean...come on lol.