LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Google Is A Complete Pillock

Missy Q

Recently been using Google-Sites to make a project website for school. Been flipping between my laptop and PC to work on it. Done stuff like this before with no problems.

Until I logged on this morning...

According to Google, my account has been suspended because (I'm guessing) someone accessed my account in Japan (once). Went through all this BS about changing my password and sending a verification code to my phone.

Even though they requested a new password and verification, and I gave them that, they've shut down my account. So yeah, that's my project down the drain. At least, I think that's why. It says I violated their security TOS. WIth what? A website that was literally empty? Because someone accessed it once? 

Update: I sent them a support email asking for assistance and they sent me a link to reset my password. I did this, and my account is still suspended.

Thanks Google.

It was done in Google-sites, I'm not sure there is a way to backup.

Not entirely sure I get your complaint, but with backups didn't you save the information you posted on it? That would be a back up. The HTML I personally do by hand, using text editor, so mine is always backed up. But really, if it's a free service it's never really secure. Also, are you positive you followed only their links and checked the address in the browser each time you logged in? Hijacking is a really easy and common approach to stealing passwords.

Not entirely sure I get your complaint, but with backups didn't you save the information you posted on it? That would be a back up. The HTML I personally do by hand, using text editor, so mine is always backed up. But really, if it's a free service it's never really secure. Also, are you positive you followed only their links and checked the address in the browser each time you logged in? Hijacking is a really easy and common approach to stealing passwords.

Yes. I've used google services before and I'm not a newbie at these things. Everything was going smoothly for several days. All of a sudden BAM, account suspended. I'm pretty sure www.google.ca is not a malicious website.

They're not even telling me why it was suspended.

Yes. I've used google services before and I'm not a newbie at these things. Everything was going smoothly for several days. All of a sudden BAM, account suspended. I'm pretty sure www.google.ca is not a malicious website.

They're not even telling me why it was suspended.

There are too many possibilities to guess at, but I've never used a free site service myself since I do really advanced designs and need a lot of server side programs. All I can say is wait until they do respond.

facebook does the same thing when traveling.

Also google now asks for all your info and your phone number when setting up your account, its like they want everything. Yahoo asks for like 3 things and your done.

Update:

Google is not actually at fault here, and I apologize. I have found the source of the problem and have figured out why Google took action against my account. My account was hijacked by that user from Japan (His IP actually points to a Uni in Korea), who was using my account as a email-spambot for World of Warcraft phishing emails.

It turns out I used a computer at school to access my Google Account which had a keylogger on it.

Capture.png

Each of the 201 emails looks like this:

Capture24.PNG

Do NOT visit any links in these emails. I suspect this is all scams.

Update:

Google is not actually at fault here, and I apologize. I have found the source of the problem and have figured out why Google took action against my account. My account was hijacked by that user from Japan (His IP actually points to a Uni in Korea), who was using my account as a email-spambot for World of Warcraft phishing emails.

It turns out I used a computer at school to access my Google Account which had a keylogger on it.

Do NOT visit any links in these emails. I suspect this is all scams.

1. You learned a valuable lesson about keyloggers and why many people are against them. ;)

2. I've been sent that email from 100 (about) different addresses ... and i never even visited Blizzards site much less played WoW ... LOL It's a scam. They did that with bank accounts once a while ago, and some people actually fell for it then, I wonder how many fell for this one. But meh.

To all surfers of the web:

NEVER EVER NO MATTER WHAT give any account information to any service, site, or anything if requested through an email. Every service has their own way of handling it, and almost no one sends you an email like this. So beware of them, report them, and don't give them what they are asking. ;) Just in case there is anyone who doesn't know this yet.

I almost fell for a phishing scam for the first time last night. Usually spot em right away, but I got a very real looking one from MovieTickets.com inviting me to a movie screening, which they have done before. Figured it out before I entered the info.

I've had 1 gmail account hi-jacked. I was told by a good friend "in the business" that google was more relaxed about security than others having internet email service. Having stuff that is important to you "out there" is not the best approach. I have several ways to create documents and store them on line and it just doesn't appeal to me. It seems you can get into a gmail account simply by sending an email from an OBVIOUSLY fake address and give yourself permission to send mail from the account. It has been a very long time since I earned my BA (hand cranked Monroe calculators were very hi-tech then). On second go round in the 80's I wondered how we got along without computers in the past. When I was dealing with both flood and windstorm insurance adjusters because of IKE, I dumped everything to CD's. I had all my belongs on a spreadsheet - and it was a pain to do, even though I had jpgs of everything.

A word of advice. Stand in the middle of all the rooms, attic, garage and storeroom (ought to include rented storage too) and take pictures and dump them to a CD or DVD. Then take the CD or DVD and store them someplace safe - better yet have copies stashed elsewhere just in case. When natural disasters occur, you have evidence of what you owned.