LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

'Diaper Boy' Gets Prison Time For Decade Of Lewd Behavior

DailyDi

'Diaper Boy' gets prison time for decade of lewd behavior

September 20th, 2010 @ 4:57pm

By Emiley Morgan

WEST JORDAN -- The way Barton Bagnes tells it, his decision to wear a diaper and expose that diaper to children, is part of a one man quest to prevent shame and abuse.

"I did it because kids that have this problem ... are told to keep secrets, tell lies," he said, crying. "And it makes them that much more likely to keep secrets about abuse."

But 3rd District Judge Terry Christiansen refused to accept that explanation.

"It is wrong and I don't buy your explanation and jury didn't buy it either. You are not on a one-man crusade for people with incontinence issues... that crusade is not working."

Christiansen sentenced Bagnes, 33, Monday to 1 to 15 years in prison for sexual exploitation, a second-degree felony, and two terms of zero to five years for two counts of lewdness involving a child, a third-degree felony. The sentences will run concurrently. Prosecutors say Bagnes' lewd behavior has gone on for 10 years.

"There have been 14 separate incidences since 1999," prosecutor Robert Neill said after the hearing. "He's really not learning the lesson."

Bagnes said in court that he had reached out for help, but felt that wearing a diaper in public was the only way to address the issue of bedwetting. He said he attempted to send letters to various media outlets hoping to shed light on the issue, but nothing came of those efforts.

"It's clearly not working, what I was doing," he said. "I couldn't think of any other way it would work. If I wrote a letter it wouldn't be published in any newspaper... I couldn't think of any other way it would work."

Neill said Bagnes' inability to accept responsibility for his behavior, and his refusal to acknowledge that it was wrong was a serious issue that warranted prison time.

"What is so concerning to the community and of course the state is that he doesn't see that this is an issue when we're here because Mr. Bagnes goes up to children and scares them to death... these kids are terrified."

Not him again, its people like him that gives ab/dl like us bad names, for what he had done, he deserved it.

The worst part of this, he used a real problem with children to justify his own perversion. Though I don't think people like him are giving AB/DL people a bad name, give the majority of thinking adults some credit. ;)

Hang on. This has been going on since 1999, there have been fourteen recorded incidents (and however many unrecorded) and they're only now throwing him in the slammer?

/me wonders if his 'bedwetting problem' will suddenly go away when he's sleeping in a bunk directly above a 6'8" thug with muscles on his muscles... :whistling:

The case is obviously yet another failure of the mental health system, too. Clearly with more than a decade of history, the local mental health team should have been all over this guy long ago...

Don't know the details but if this guy gets prison for exposing his diaper to children then should all the people who go around in bikini's or in outfits that cover about that much and children pass buy also get jail sentences??? I just have never understood this scenario. I'm not condoning his actions by any means here but this comparison just crosses my mind. I may not have given the perfect example but you get my drift? Chick can nearly bare herself to children it seems and zero sentance but a guy in a thick diaper and 1-15 years? Someone who really knows the law, please explain. I don't need a thousand assumtions from everyone else though, thanks.

Don't know the details but if this guy gets prison for exposing his diaper to children then should all the people who go around in bikini's or in outfits that cover about that much and children pass buy also get jail sentences???

I suspect it's not what he actually exposed but that he exposed it in order to get his rocks off that's relevant.

I suspect it's not what he actually exposed but that he exposed it in order to get his rocks off that's relevant.

Correct. It is not the size of the garment that is at issue (though that is partially so, as, as has been mentioned, he had a baby diaper taped onto himself), but the fact that he wore it for sexual gratification.

If a person were wearing a bikini and, let's say, pleasuring his or herself in it in public, it would be a more parallel situation.

Also: The average bikini covers more skin than a baby diaper taped to a grown man's groin. Especially considering that he was likely erect.

The failure to take responsibility, the attempt to say he was only trying to help, is what drew the prison time. I wasn't there, obviously, but I'm getting a picture of indecent exposure if it was just a baby diaper. No doubt an erect penis was observable, if not plainly visible.

Of course, I condemn this behavior completely. What we have here is the active victimization of children. Although Diaper Boy has a genuine psychological issue, prison is where he needs to be if he won't acknowledge a serious problem and receive counseling.