LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranny Sighting

I really hate the word woman, because it infers that women are somehow just inferior men. I would greatly prefer that you guys do the nice thing and spell it as womyn.

Seriously, is there a reason that anybody hates that word other than that they've read somewhere they should hate it? It's an abbreviation, the connotation is only as negative as the attitude held by the populace at large toward transgender people. I can't for the life of me understand why people get bent out of shape over the little things when there are much more serious issues to look to. Striving for political correctness and attacking the form of speech that people use, as opposed to the ideas and intentions behind the language itself, seems terribly frivolous.

Language just is ... whatever "label" chosen for anything will inherently be wrong, simply because you are trying to over simplify something that is naturally complex ... which is everything. Someone once said "the Greeks have many words for 'love' to describe differing degrees and types" ... unless you want a thousand labels to remember for every little thing in life, sometimes you just have to accept that another person's language is not going to fit yours. I know a few crossdressers who actually like the term "tranny" ... there's a few clubs in my area that use it as a title to events a lot. WallaWalla is right, it's only insulting if you let it be. The only real problem with the OP is their being over critical of another person's "style" .... honestly, I hate people who try too hard to blend in, CD, TG, even a "norm" ... don't care who ... tired of seeing a sea of gray for every crowd, give us some color, some flare, anything. My best friend is a "genetic female" ... she dresses like a drag queen and calls herself a "drag queen in a woman's body" ... she's awesome.

Hm...

A few diverting things happening here.

Firstly, on the topic of the thread itself, yeah, that's pretty offensive.

On the issue of "Tranny" as a term, I'm torn.

On one hand, I do NOT like being called it myself.

On the other hand, I know people who self-reference as Trannies. Basically, if people call me one I politely suggest that I am not one. Other than that, well, being TG has made me grow a thick skin, if anything. There are better battles to fight than somebody using a less-than-ideal word to describe me.

... but that's just me.

This post, though awkward, reminds me of an encounter I had with errrrmmmm a uhhhhh I guess "T-girl" if that is the correct 'name' :blush"

I had gone to San Francisco on one of my trips up north, for some reason, and I had stopped in Ghirardelli square for some ice cream. They have a store there that serves sundaes and such (and chocolate as usual) and the cashier serving me was this tall, slender person who to me, was just a "guy with make up on" long blond hair, a bit to much rouge, etc, but what did it was his errrrr 'her' adams apple, sorry, but at the time I came away rather rattled. I left with my order and went outside to eat, and felt kind of uneasy. This was a few years ago and I have had other experiences, but this one came to mind as I said, 'she' just looked like a dude with make up on *shrug*

I guess I could give credit for trying and also being brave enough to not only go out in public, but also to work. I guess being "Frisco", her employer didn't really care as long as the work was done.

It's no big deal now, but just a memory of an 'unexpected event or moment' when you realize who you are talking to. I know, maybe it sounds weak , but it is a bit of a 'shock' (for lack of any other word) for us otherwise straight 'vanilla' people.

Now mind you that I have since gone to Vegas several time with Tammy and Bri, and to the "Halloween fetish ball", so I have opened up to much of this over the past few years. It's just a memory or an event that the OP brought back.

If it's worth anything or not....maybe 'she' is a member of this group?? who knows. Anyone work or used to work as a cashier at the Ghirardelli counter in Ghirardelli square???

*waves*

qwack

Guest NaughtyAshes

This post, though awkward, reminds me of an encounter I had with errrrmmmm a uhhhhh I guess "T-girl" if that is the correct 'name' :blush"

I had gone to San Francisco on one of my trips up north, for some reason, and I had stopped in Ghirardelli square for some ice cream. They have a store there that serves sundaes and such (and chocolate as usual) and the cashier serving me was this tall, slender person who to me, was just a "guy with make up on" long blond hair, a bit to much rouge, etc, but what did it was his errrrr 'her' adams apple, sorry, but at the time I came away rather rattled. I left with my order and went outside to eat, and felt kind of uneasy. This was a few years ago and I have had other experiences, but this one came to mind as I said, 'she' just looked like a dude with make up on *shrug*

I guess I could give credit for trying and also being brave enough to not only go out in public, but also to work. I guess being "Frisco", her employer didn't really care as long as the work was done.

It's no big deal now, but just a memory of an 'unexpected event or moment' when you realize who you are talking to. I know, maybe it sounds weak , but it is a bit of a 'shock' (for lack of any other word) for us otherwise straight 'vanilla' people.

Now mind you that I have since gone to Vegas several time with Tammy and Bri, and to the "Halloween fetish ball", so I have opened up to much of this over the past few years. It's just a memory or an event that the OP brought back.

If it's worth anything or not....maybe 'she' is a member of this group?? who knows. Anyone work or used to work as a cashier at the Ghirardelli counter in Ghirardelli square???

*waves*

qwack

Why do you continue to put she in quotes? The person makes obvious attempts to present female by your own account and you do nothing but slander her.

Sometimes the amount of unthinking disrespectfulness that goes on in this community astounds me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...