LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Suppose. . . . . .

Do you suppose that if all of us on Daily Diapers told at least one person about the AB/DL lifestyle that maybe it would become more common to society more quickley? I don't necessarily mean tell someone that you're an AB or DL, but be like "Hey I just heard about this lifestyle. . . . ." and inform people. Of course shed positive light on the matter and maybe word will get around and in a couple years when someone hears about it, the reaction won't be like "Ewwww, what freak would do something like that?" Because as it stands right now, I think that's the general reaction of the public on us. We're always saying that we wish it was more common and that people knew about it and are comfortable with it. It isn't just going to happen. If we want to reach that point in our society, we're going to have to help it along. If we each told just one person. . . . .

I've let five people in on my life and how I'm an AB and I most certainly don't regret it at all. I know that eventually it will be viewed as just another normal thing in society. If homosexuals can do it, I'm sure we can do it too. Daily Diapers is an AB/DL community with people in about every field of expertise. Many of us are well respected in our communities and our work places. Don't you think we could have an impact on society?

What does everyone else think about this?

Hi Baby D,

I think this is a very interesting topic for discussion. I have mixed feelings about it though. I've noticed that the younger ABs/DLs are more comfortable with bringing this lifestyle into the public eye and seeking acceptance than the older ones. It could be due to the fact that you don't have as much to lose.

I think it's great that in your teens you already know of others that share your lifestyle, I was not that fortunate. Since I have viewed this lifestyle more as a private one for most of my life, I wouldn't expose myself openly even if society was O.K. with it. I'm very happy keeping my lifestyle as private as possible at this point in my life and probably always will.

I support your efforts, but only indirectly.

Certainly not in the short term. Consider homosexuality... pretty much everyone knew what being gay was in 1950, but even today, more than half a century later, it's only truly accepted by a small percentage of the population- most people still say, "Ewwww, what freak would do something like that?"

But this can be more easily accpeted than homosexuality. I have nothing against homosexuals as it's gonna seem by my next statement. Homosexuality contradicts many religions and that's who have yet to accept it. Infantilism doesn't exactly go against any religion so it would be much easier to get society to accept it.

The gay community has achieved a level of openness and become "normed" to society to an extent that would have been unthinkable in the 50's. (I'm straight, but not narrow.) True, there is-- and, unfortunately, probably always will be-- a segment of people that consider homosexuality to be a freakish, perverted and deviant lifestyle. But that segment is growing smaller with every new generation of young straight people who grow up with gay aquaintences at school or work. Add in the increasing amount of gay-friendly media, and it's only a matter of time before society just shrugs at the concept of homosexuality and says, "Whatever".

The AB/DL community is where gays were, decades ago-- almost totally closeted. But it's kind of different: whereas the ultimate gay experience would be finding a loving, committed partner for life, AB/DL preferences aren't dependant on anybody else being there at all. Let's get real: I know some people here don't like the word "fetish", but that's what it is. And I think that's the best we can expect mainstream society to view it as-- a kinky, harmless private behavior that everybody has heard about, like BDSM. It's always going to be outside the mainstream of Joe and Flo Suburbo... but as long as things like CSI's "King Baby" or the "ER" episode keep putting a realistic non-freakshow take on the AB/DL thing, public awareness will eventually grow into a general opinion of "Whatever..."

Of course, none of that will make it much easier to come out to your parents/spouse/friends... I guess that was the original question, sorry :blush:

wv

to me it doesnt matter how accepted we are. that's such a novelty that is extremely unimportant to me considering what is going on in the world. and no matter how accepted we are i believe i will always be in the closet. the only way i see myself coming out is by moving to a far away community far from relatives and making the community believe im Incontinent not AB so i can go to the store and get diapers.

i did this today, tena is giving free samples of serenity so i send some to a friends house. in 4 - 6 weeks they will have an unexpected gift. i'm not going to tell them i sent it. i did this because today while watching jeopardy i was online and a commercial for said product came on and i AIMed her (because she has seen the commercial before. and at one part there are two people, one in a depends and one in the serenity, comparing the products) saying, "ewwwww adults in diapers" to gauge a reaction. of course she agreed and out of random silliness and assholeness i decided to send her some free samples. the next 4 - 6 weeks will be long but i'm sure i'll here an interesting story. i think this is a nifty experiment and a good practical joke. two for one!

im sure i can articulate the previous better but at the time of writting that EVERYONE I KNOW WANTS TO AIM ME

REVISED EDITION

to me it doesnt matter how accepted we are. it is extremely unimportant to me considering what is going on in the world, there are better things worth fighting for. and no matter how accepted we are i believe i will always be in the closet with this fetish. the only way i see myself coming out is by moving to a far away community far from relatives and making the community believe im incontinent so i can go to the store and get diapers.

while online talking to a friend and watching Jeopardy a commercial for tena serenity came on. we have both seen this commercial before and at one point there are two people, one in a depends and one in the serenity showing how thinner their product was. i typed, "ewwwwwwwwwwww. adults in diapers." she of course agreed and because i'm such a nice guy i sent some free samples to her house. in 4 - 6 weeks she will have a surprise i think this is a nifty experiment and a good practical joke. two for one! send some free diapers to your friends and gauge their reactions. and if you are sly/drunk enough you can get them to try them on.

Something I have noticed about the people I have told - they always tell someone else. For instance when I told my ex she told her girlfriend to get her opinion. When I told one friend he told his other friend to get his opinion. I think if you tell people you know(besides family) they will tell at least one other person about it and it will probably someone you don't know or are only minor acquaintances. Now, I can't say for sure, but the subject might get around to where someone says,"Yeah I have this friend of a friend who is into that." So that is a way of getting us some exposure.

On the flip-side, I think a reason why we all want other people to know stems from an insecurity about who we are. I think in an ideal world, we shouldn't care who knows and we shouldn't be scared about wearing whenever we feel like it. Because, even if the whole world knows, it still might be deemed unacceptable. Back in the 50s everyone knew about gay people, they just didn't like them. It took people willing to stand up and proudly march to fight for their rights and now everyone is aware and practically have to accept them into society. It is just a matter of having the time and leaders. However, IMO most ABs don't have what it takes to fight for our right to wear diapers without judgement. I know I don't.

Hugs,

Baby Bri

I suppose that the ABDL community would need leaders and it would be very hard to get anyone to do it. Like Baby Bri said, maybe the first initial need to tell someone stems from our own insecurities about who we are. But after awhile it doesn't come from insecurities, you want people to know because you want it to be an accepted lifestyle.

Baby Bri said that from the people (non-family) he's told, they've at least one other person and so on. That's what I was getting at in my first post. If we each told one person, and they told someone, word will get out. Sure, we may have to go through a period of rejection, like homosexuals did, but society will get over it and accept it soon enough. But first we need to get word out.

Homosexuality is much more common that the diaper fetish is. AB/DLs cannot hope to gain the level of exposure that homosexuals have, just on sheer numbers. Where it is truthful to say that nearly everyone knows a homosexual individual (disregarding whether it is known the homosexual individual is in fact homosexual), the same is not true, and is nowhere near being true of AB/DLs. Sure, you can make sure most everyone has heard of it, but to accept is to be exposed and attain a comfort level, not just be informed. No matter what our actions are, I believe that its status will remain similar to BDSM, like wetvinyl said.

The math just screws us on this one.

Religion is a great excuse for not accepting or agreeing with things. Just because the Bible doesn't say anything on adults wearing diapers specifically doesn't mean the reason can't be cooked up.

I'd have to say that the public knowing about diapers for other than babies and incontinents is at some very low threshold, just below their awareness. Things like Jackass Show and the America's Top Model stunts just make people laugh. They don't take it seriously.

As for Lost having the scenes, take it for what it was worth, they considered it the lowest someone would sink to and still do something for money. I wouldn't say that anyone saw that in a positive light.

In my humble opinion, I think the best neutral representation of this fetish (it is, regardless of the non-technical name you wish to associate with) was in the CSI episode that recently re-aired, King Baby.

I still would not take anything I've seen to date as "acceptance" of the diapering fetishes. I would say that one of us is in a position to push the envelope and/or others have followed or have taken the chance to stretch the nappy even farther.

Guest diapered469

I personally think that more and more people unfamiliar with our lifestyle are becoming more familiar with it. Otherwise it wouldn't even be referenced in national shows like CSI or Lost.

And I don't think a lot of people find diaper wearing all that funny. A couple snickers, sure... but I don't think it's generally humorous to a widespread audience. (Although Charlie's brother falling out of the crib in 'Lost' was pretty funny....

To go back to the original question in this thread; I don't think we can have any other impact on society except for the "we exist, how are you going to accept it?" impact, which I don't necessarily find productive or useful.

I think it's best to keep this thing on the down-low, and enjoy what we have.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose that the ABDL community would need leaders and it would be very hard to get anyone to do it. Like Baby Bri said, maybe the first initial need to tell someone stems from our own insecurities about who we are. But after awhile it doesn't come from insecurities, you want people to know because you want it to be an accepted lifestyle.

Baby Bri said that from the people (non-family) he's told, they've at least one other person and so on. That's what I was getting at in my first post. If we each told one person, and they told someone, word will get out. Sure, we may have to go through a period of rejection, like homosexuals did, but society will get over it and accept it soon enough. But first we need to get word out.

We should go in front of the white house in our baby clothes... and fight for are rights!!!! I hate having to be in the closet!! But I tell you this I know I will be the first dentist to wear a diaper as i check somones teeth:)

Smile big!!!!

It takes a LOT of effort coming out of the closet about being an AB/DL. I know what babykimmy is talking about, I sorta feel the same way. I want people to know so I won't feel like it's such a bad thing that I have to keep hidden from everyone. We keep this secret hidden like it's something really horrible when it isn't. That's just how I feel about it. . . . .