LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nerdy Ab/Dl'S

im not a nerd, there was a point in my life when i was at a cross roads, but I choose the social path. Doesn't mean i didn't work just that I spent more time with people and less on the computer.

I've been discussing this subject on another non-english forum, and so I thought that I would try to move the discussion over here, to DailyDiapers. So, here's the question:

Is it true that the vast majority of AB/DL's are, by definition, nerds?

Personally, I think that this is true. And I'll admit, I'm much of a geek myself! :lol:

It's obvious that several posts, but more primarily the users here on DD are quite geeky, and that brings me to the overall question - If the previously mentioned question is true, does this mean that being a "geek" can have connectivity to being AB/DL? What are the chances?

Post your opinion down below :)

Most empirical evidence in modern psychology suggests that those who possess above-average intelligence are significantly more inclined to experience sexual quirks and kinks. Thus, the greater the intellect, the greater the possibility for fetish!

I think that's the answer the OP was looking for -

Most empirical evidence in modern psychology suggests that those who possess above-average intelligence are significantly more inclined to experience sexual quirks and kinks. Thus, the greater the intellect, the greater the possibility for fetish!

really? what studies? and how recent? i wanna read these now.

I have a few thoughts on this:

1. All the people who post on here are somewhat technosavy, but that doesn't mean that the ones that don't post here are.

2. Being classified as a nerd/geek is not really a bad thing so quit freaking out (side thought reacting to an online post in an emotional way says something negative about you).

3. It is possible that since many of us tend to have low selfesteem thanks to supressing and/or not accepting our true selves we might unintentionally make ourselves different than others.

4. I have seen a number of posts on here about WoW and Anime (I play WoW), and by American Standards those are "uncool" hobbies.

5. My wife and I definitely fall into those categories and we are perfectly content with it.

I don't know if that helps, but those are my views.

I have a few thoughts on this:

1. All the people who post on here are somewhat technosavy, but that doesn't mean that the ones that don't post here are.

2. Being classified as a nerd/geek is not really a bad thing so quit freaking out (side thought reacting to an online post in an emotional way says something negative about you).

3. It is possible that since many of us tend to have low selfesteem thanks to supressing and/or not accepting our true selves we might unintentionally make ourselves different than others.

4. I have seen a number of posts on here about WoW and Anime (I play WoW), and by American Standards those are "uncool" hobbies.

5. My wife and I definitely fall into those categories and we are perfectly content with it.

I don't know if that helps, but those are my views.

Yay, finally some legit answers! Thanks a bunch!

Theater? Does being the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz count as theater? :P I've been in a few plays, and I sing. I guess that would make me a performing arts geek/nerd?

p.s. What about getting super excited that I figured out how to put all of my records onto mp3 format on my computer? Where is my category now? *shrug* I like the nerdy bit of life, including my black framed glasses. *snort* he he.

Could it be that the more "computer literate" people of this world are generally on teh interwebz more often, and therefore are more likely to come into contact with or search for websites like this?

This. It seems like all AB/DLs are geeks because the geeks that are AB/DL hang out online. It's just a subset. What about all the AB/DLs that you haven't met because they aren't online?

IMO there is a distinct difference between a Geek and a Nerd.

A "nerd" is the single 20-something that lives in his mom's basement, plays D&D and has lots of scientific and technical knowledge but very little real-world skills.

A "geek" is a nerd who has taken their immense scientific and technical knowledge and actually used it to make money or become popular.

Geeks are generally relatively well adjusted and can function in day-to-day life... in today's modern fast-moving world they are respected and their skills are in demand. That guy you called and paid all that money to come clean the virus off of your computer or set up your new entertainment system, yeah, he's a geek. The nerd is still sitting in the basement playing on Facebook.

So totally agree with this.

Geeks and nerds from my experience are very similarly related...the difference comes in with how they function in society or around other people. A person who loves his computer more than being around others is probably a nerd. When he does socialize with others he is generally the "rules lawyer" personality type. A geek tends to socialize more often, have (GASP) fun around others and go do things where others are likely to be (even if its "wierd" stuff....like anime cons.....and ren faires....)

Total geek myself...Ren Faire, steampunk, anime, avid reader.....list goes on and on.

dudes.......I am NOT a nerd though I would describe myself as a nerd. I am a non categorizable type dude though! I lift weights, love the outdoors...*camping, hiking, boating* I do have my fair share of 360 games and tech toys...but in the sense of the word "nerd" I dont think I quite fit that hole. I am a star shaped peg in a world of square holes.

Theater? Does being the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz count as theater? :P I've been in a few plays, and I sing. I guess that would make me a performing arts geek/nerd?

p.s. What about getting super excited that I figured out how to put all of my records onto mp3 format on my computer? Where is my category now? *shrug* I like the nerdy bit of life, including my black framed glasses. *snort* he he.

Well unless you hang with the theater "group" on your off time I wouldn't say you were a theater geek/nerd.

I've been called a geek by several, and a nerd by several others. I think years in hardware and software probably had something to do with it. I don't know if the ABDL geek/nerd ratio is higher than anywhere else. I think there's a lot of us who have our geeky/nerdy sides to us and some are more proud of theirs than others. I enjoy mine, it's my childlike enthusiasm to get excited about the things I'm excited about. :-)

But it's all a gradient, you can always find people more or less nerdy than yourself. It's just a matter of what axis you measure on.

Be well!